Only way we can lose this week

seahawksny

Reaction score
Is with a plethora of penalties.
Otherwise? Seattle wins, and convincingly

Who agrees?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think you are under estimating the Cowboys. They are one of the hottest teams in football. They are a very complete team. Your comment seems a little out of place given that we nearly lost to the Cardinals yesterday.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2pawf0h2 said:
I think you are under estimating the Cowboys. They are one of the hottest teams in football. They are a very complete team. Your comment seems a little out of place given that we nearly lost to the Cardinals yesterday.

Well to be fair, the Cowboys needed a miraculous catch on 4th down by Beasley to beat the Giants.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
2_0_6":3umpg6pn said:
Hawk-Lock":3umpg6pn said:

Well to be fair, the Cowboys needed a miraculous catch on 4th down by Beasley to beat the Giants.

In a game that meant absolutely nothing. Giants probably not that upset about losing either: Better draft position.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
2_0_6":1lp0l5dz said:
Hawk-Lock":1lp0l5dz said:

Beating a division opponent is NEVER an easy task. We needed a last minute field goal to put the Cards away. Dallas is a tough opponent. This game will come down to a few things. Ball Control, Clock Control, Coaching and clock management.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1zm8gn47 said:
2_0_6":1zm8gn47 said:
Hawk-Lock":1zm8gn47 said:

Beating a division opponent is NEVER an easy task. We needed a last minute field goal to put the Cards away. Dallas is a tough opponent. This game will come down to a few things. Ball Control, Clock Control, Coaching and clock management.

In addition to the fact that they had done it three straight times regardless of teams win loss

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
2_0_6":15hk2dpf said:
Hawk-Lock":15hk2dpf said:

In a game where they held out Zeke and two of their better offensive linemen. All I’m saying is that OP is way off on this one.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":y005psvg said:
2_0_6":y005psvg said:
Hawk-Lock":y005psvg said:

In a game where they held out Zeke and two of their better offensive linemen. All I’m saying is that OP is way off on this one.

I get what you are saying, but the Giants were also without OBJ. Let's face it, both games should not have been that close.

Makes me wonder if the plan was to go extra vanilla with play calling into the final week and start planning for the following week.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cowboys point difference is like +15. They are not the hottest team in football... just doing enough.

Game will be tough, but OP has a good point. Penalties will destroy the hawks chances of winning. Need to play clean

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
To me, the key issues with Seattle and any opponent this year is turnover differential and penalties.

I think if you look back at all the games this year... when the hawks win the turnover battle and have minimal penalties they are extremely tough to beat. But the games they lost is when penalties put the offense in holes, and/or when the they lost the turnover battle.

I worry a bit about ref "home-cooking" for Dallas at home. I'm sure the NFL and TV execs would prefer a Dallas to win. Hopefully, the hawks defense gets some turnovers that lead to good field position, and easy scores for the offense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":17j60o5q said:
Cowboys point difference is like +15. They are not the hottest team in football... just doing enough.

Game will be tough, but OP has a good point. Penalties will destroy the hawks chances of winning. Need to play clean
The Officiating needs to be Honest & clean too, the Seahawks earned a few the flags, no doubt, but the Refs ADDED a couple of ticky-tack calls in the last 49rs game, and NO TEAM can overcome overkill Officiating.
With the stakes as high as they are in the play-offs, I don't think fairness by the Officials is asking too much.

253hawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":2lfejmm1 said:
Hawk-Lock":2lfejmm1 said:

Don't forget all of the dropped INTs by the Giants and Dak throwing stupid jump passes across his body off his back foot. That shit isn't gonna fly in the playoffs.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't know why people are so focused on their game yesterday. A game that they didn't care about the outcome. You can pick and choose what to focus on, but they are a playoff caliber team. They won their division for the reason. Lets not forget they beat the Saints this season.

I like our chances, but lets not down play the Cowboys. If we show up and play our best game, we should win. I think the key will be getting healthy. Hoping we will have both Fluker and Sweezy on the line along with Tedric Thompson. Playing against the Cowboys offense takes discipline because they dink and dunk their way down the field. Expect a lot of long drives by them. We need to make sure our offense can get first downs to keep the defense off the field.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Two 10-6 teams so I think this one's going to be tight. I am never too confident going on the road. I am hoping that the game is even when it comes to defense, running game and special teams. In which case, then I have total confidence that if it comes down to which QB plays better, Hawks win.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2qlp4h1p said:

You forgot, who scores the most points.

:{)

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":1ls712ab said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1ls712ab said:

You forgot, who scores the most points.

:{)

Good call. :irishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
According to DVOA, Seattle has the better offense and Dallas has the better defense. That favors the home team.

TAB420

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2506mapd said:
2_0_6":2506mapd said:
Hawk-Lock":2506mapd said:

In a game that meant absolutely nothing. Giants probably not that upset about losing either: Better draft position.
What about getting shutout by the Colts?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It's weird to me that people can get overconfident in a road playoff game against any NFL team.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
I am worried about our run defense vs Zeke. I am not worried about Dak that much. I am more concerned about which of our offense show up.