Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread - (Hawks @ Cowboys)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Here we go!

If any of you really think that yesterday's close game against a division rival that wanted nothing more in their universe than to beat us again at home will have any bearing whatsoever on how this team will look and play against the Cowboys this Saturday then, well, that's on you.

Yes the Cowboys are a good football team. Yes there are similarities between the two teams. Yes this will not be a gimmee by any stretch. This game will come down to the running game but both QBs will have to play great to advance and sorry Cowboys fans but Dak can't hold Russell's jock in the playoffs.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Cowboys 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 14-2

2_0_6

Reaction score
Last game Zeke ran for 120+ and averaged something like 6+ yards per carry. Adding Amari Cooper into the mix, with now a dinged up Griffin worries me a bit.

Cowboys & the refs: 24
Hawks: 20

hawks85

Reaction score
Clean Game - Hawks 27
Cowgirls 17

Flag Fest Game - Hawks - 14
Cowgirls - 24

I don't trust Dallas and those refs.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
We're going to win this. Nothing is stopping Wilson, Carson, Baldwin and Wags this game-they simply are not going to be denied. Get a solid lead early, sustain long drives and eat the clock, play action for explosive plays in the 3rd and contain Elliott to 110.

If we do all this, play our game to our strengths and we will prevail while taking the refs out of the equation-yes indeed they will be a factor but Pete will have this team ready to overcome it.

Seahawks 30
Cowpies 23

Chawker

Reaction score
It is with careful thought and my forward gaze into the future that I can tell you that next Saturday will be a one of nevers and cheers. My crystal ball has spoken. All Halle Chawker balls.

Seahawks 17
Cowboys 13

This game will come down to mistakes and ball control, run, run, pass, conventing third downs.Whoever plays a more discipline type of game will come away victorious. GO YOU MIGHTY SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

With 1:23 on the clock Russell Wilson find his target from 28 yards out to win. Nick Vannett scores.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Aros":2627znjw said:
Here we go!

If any of you really think that yesterday's close game against a division rival that wanted nothing more in their universe than to beat us again at home will have any bearing whatsoever on how this team will look and play against the Cowboys this Saturday then, well, that's on you.

Yes the Cowboys are a good football team. Yes there are similarities between the two teams. Yes this will not be a gimmee by any stretch. This game will come down to the running game but both QBs will have to play great to advance and sorry Cowboys fans but Dak can't hold Russell's jock in the playoffs.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Cowboys 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 14-2

Hawks 27

Dallas 24

Itll be last minute, throw up in my mouth type of game.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The season comes to a crashing halt this Saturday night. I cry myself to sleep.

Cowboys 21 Seahawks 17

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I could say a lot about Dak not being able to hold Russells Jock, but I won't get into that... At least I would hope Russell isn't wearing it at the time..... :sarcasm_off: .. Going to be very defensive, but we'll do enough to have the edge..Now for the Prediction using my very skilled method of picking numbers out of.the sky, I pick... Seahawks 24 - Cowboys 16... :irishdrinkers:

Rule

Reaction score
cowboys - 30

seahawks - 20

not gunna be close, we’ll get a garbage time td to make it look better on paper. carson held to 65 rush yds. season ends saturday.

doso

Reaction score
Wow. "Seahawks fans" counting the Seahawks out... :141847_bnono: SMH...

chris98251

Reaction score
It will come down to who's O line is healthier, both ours and their have injury issues, they also have a few dings on the D line. We are not going to have the outside edge available against them, they are fast thanks to Richards tinkering, that will seal the Read Option and make us have to play between the tackles so to speak a lot more. This game will be about imposing our will in the running game and if Doug can take advantage of their secondary playing off in the middle. Richard is going to play a deep zone much of the game so Lockett can't beat us deep. He knows our formula, patience is going to be the key on offense which Pete at times has a problem with, especially in big games.

On defense we have the secondary to limit their Cooper effect, we just have to be disciplined with our gap control against Elliot and not get caught cheating up. Good tackling is also important, Cooper breaks a lot of initial tackles and gets his big gains off that.

We can hope to get a early lead and not give up a cheap Touchdown on a return or punt, that will put pressure on Dak and he will force things looking at longer developing plays and yes creating sack and turnover opportunities. It will take the game out of Elliot's hands and put it onto his.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will win. For some reason I just don't think the Seahawks will bring their A game. Then again, it is aprime time game, so we'll see. From an expectations perspective, it's better to be pleasantly surprised anyway.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I see it as an ANXIOUS game to watch, however, the Seahawks prime time game record is great and RW does indeed have that killer mentality in the 4-th quarter. In yet another 4-th quarter RW comeback, behind by 3 points, the Seahawks WIN ---- in the final 30 seconds: ----35-to-31----.

The Seahawks send the Cowboys back to their ranch and this game makes Jerry Jones --CRY on TV-- & want to sell his team to the highest bidder. On to the next unlucky opponent for the Seahawks.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
To all of you that think we lose.... Why? Their line is more banged up then ours..... That isn't much of a home field advantage and we have the way better qb...... With playoff experience.... We are were not shut out by the Colts .

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Once again I have to say I'm more worried about the refs than the Cowboys. If there is an objective crew officiating the game, I see the Hawks pulling out a hard-fought game. If not...at least we're on an upward trajectory and next year is looking pretty good.

We score 3 TDs & 1 Seabass, Cowboys score 2 and 3 field goals.

Hawks - 24 Cowboys - 23

AubHawk71

Reaction score
This game looks great on paper, but real world variables will push this one to the wire, as the NFL has designed for the sport and we all support.

Would like to think this team can overcome road game with all that entails in the refs and home crowds, but a missed call or two could swing the momentum to the Cowboys. Can this young team handle the pressue?

Hope im wrong, but:

Cowbs 31
Hawks 28

Hamhawk

Reaction score
if the Hawks stay away from the penalty flags we win by 3 to 7 points,.... if we get 10 penalties we lose by 2 scores ….