Win Or Lose Saturday...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's been one hell of a season. So many pleasant surprises from players to victories. May the spirit of Paul Allen forever watch over our beloved team. Thank you Paul.

GO HAWKS!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
This has been one of my favorite seasons. From awesome victories to eye rolling at certain “fans” non belief and pessimism, it’s been a great ride. Now we get bonus football! Woo hoo!!

kf3339

Reaction score
Agreed. It's been a really fun season to watch for most Hawk fans. Personally, I see whatever the end result in the playoffs as a springboard to next season where we could get another ring. Not sure if that is in the cards this year, but always hope for the best.

Here's also to Paul Allen for all he did for the team and us Hawk fans. He will always be the greatest Hawk of them all! :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
House Money folks! Cowboys are the ones who have all the pressure in this one. Seahawks should come out loose and having fun!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
All the credit to Pete for so quickly making this a talented playoff team with the loss of so many defensive standouts. This is all Pete's vision coming to fruition. And this team is so much more enjoyable to watch than the prior couple years. It's extremely promising for the future and we're not done this year!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Playoffs are definitely a happy surprise from expectations early on. I do feel that I will be let down if we lose this week though. I fully believe that we are good enough to get through the wildcard round.

Zeearend

Reaction score
Yes yes yes. It's been a fun rollercoaster ride but one that overall trending upwards. Next season we'll see, I am ready for a playoff run right now! Go Hawks!!

endzorn

Reaction score
1. This postseason feels like house money. I feel like this team is on the precipice of something great, but we aren’t there yet. Everything that happens in these playoffs is straight gravy on a surprising season.

2. This “fans” nonsense drives me nuts. If someone cares enough to post on a message board, puts any amount of emotional investment and voices their opinion then they’re a fan to me. I don’t have to agree with someone to understand that they care. Intimating that someone else isn’t as big a fan because they don’t agree with your eternal optimism is total horse-bleep. Topics are much better when you get well rounded opinions and not just goose-stepping to the team beat.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
endzorn":2sek1wci said:
This “fans” nonsense drives me nuts. If someone cares enough to post on a message board, puts any amount of emotional investment and voices their opinion then they’re a fan to me. I don’t have to agree with someone to understand that they care. Intimating that someone else isn’t as big a fan because they don’t agree with your eternal optimism is total horse-bleep. Topics are much better when you get well rounded opinions and not just goose-stepping to the team beat.

TRUTH!!!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Aros":19ys66pl said:
House Money folks! Cowboys are the ones who have all the pressure in this one. Seahawks should come out loose and having fun!

Exactly. We were supposed to go 4 wins...we won more. We were never supposed to be near 500...We did it. We in our wildest dreams never make the playoffs....We made it. That is House Money. And we are playing with it all. They dont wanna see us in the dance...but they have no choice.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2eqru4p1 said:
All the credit to Pete for so quickly making this a talented playoff team with the loss of so many defensive standouts. This is all Pete's vision coming to fruition. And this team is so much more enjoyable to watch than the prior couple years. It's extremely promising for the future and we're not done this year!
You see, I don't see this as a "quick" turnaround. The current roster was drafted and built over the last 2-3 years by P&J, carefully crafted and coached up to be ready just for this occasion, when all of the big money FAs left. I always had a lot of faith in Pete just for that reason. He knows good players when he sees them, and with the coaching changes, a lot of those young guys who had been buried down roster have had their chance to shine this year, and hopefully moving forward.

Pete & John really do know what they are doing.

Chawker

Reaction score
When I think about this years team I listen to some Bad co. Seagulls, its like who are these guys. :179417:

Fade

Reaction score
They have to win, with the help of the Eagles the Hawks could play the Rams a 3rd time. I want Pete & Co. to get a 3rd crack at them so bad.

I also want CHI eliminated. I don't want any part of Soldier Field in January.

SEA @ DAL --> SEA @ LA --> PHI @ SEA NFCCG. Rooting for this outcome.

2018: The Seahawks have a chance.

2019: The Seahawks should have a really good chance, and be competitors for a 1st rd bye.

Sealake80

Reaction score
I felt there was always a chance this year could be great. Pete, Wilson and Bobby are the Trifecta that gave me confidence going forward, without all the talent we lost.

I'm also a total homer though. There were actually a few times this season I thought for sure we would win out. Haha. Now we have to in order to keep playing.

If we can get Sweezy and Fluker back and the line plays how it was... we are headed to the Super Bowl. The team I saw play for much of this season was an absolute beast. We can win against anyone.

This team has been the most fun to watch.

JGreen79

Reaction score
kidhawk":2p3xz2ls said:
Playoffs are definitely a happy surprise from expectations early on. I do feel that I will be let down if we lose this week though. I fully believe that we are good enough to get through the wildcard round.

This season is weird for me. Almost like late 90's early 00's in the aspect of its a relief when we win, and a let down when we lose.

We won 10 games for only the 11th time in franchise history in a "rebuilding" year. IMO this season already exceeds expectations, but I know I'll be let down if they lose.

It will be interesting to see players develop as starters instead of depth going forward.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Great season. Fun to watch. Fun to blow up the message boards and fun to read all of our crazy posts. Win or lose I’m satisfied.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
endzorn":7anqz2xg said:
2. This “fans” nonsense drives me nuts. If someone cares enough to post on a message board, puts any amount of emotional investment and voices their opinion then they’re a fan to me. I don’t have to agree with someone to understand that they care. Intimating that someone else isn’t as big a fan because they don’t agree with your eternal optimism is total horse-bleep. Topics are much better when you get well rounded opinions and not just goose-stepping to the team beat.

I'd disagree that a lot of the "Fire Pete" posts were "well-rounded opinions". This season went as most Pete seasons have gone and yet some people fail, year in and year out, to recognize this. And next year when we start slow once again, the negative nellies will be right back at it, complaining about Wilson and Pete. It's getting tired seeing it for the last 7 seasons.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this regular season and am surprised it is over this quickly. It's hard for me to believe the last reg season game has been played.
We are back in the playoffs.
God Bless the Seahawks.
Let's win the next 4 and have another frozen parade.