Beast Quake Flashback

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflthrowback/status/1079876022680449026[/tweet]

How many tackles did Marshawn break here?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1smryq5i said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nflthrowback/status/1079876022680449026[/tweet]

How many tackles did Marshawn break here?

All of them.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Imagine how much better Marshawn would have been here without Coach Cable and Coach Bevell? His number should have been called in XLIX on ‘the play’.

I have him as the best trade the team ever making. He was hard to tackle, simply a plough horse, and much faster than many credited. His physicality was hard on him though but if he’d had better run blocking might have had a longer stay here.

He will forever be a personal favourite, BEAST!

Beast Quake was such an awesome play to have experienced in person, the crowd got louder and louder and the building was shaking as he went over the goal line. I know I was jumping up and down, it was freaking awesome!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jammerhawk":33cg64fz said:
Imagine how much better Marshawn would have been here without Coach Cable and Coach Bevell? His number should have been called in XLIX on ‘the play’.

I have him as the best trade the team ever making. He was hard to tackle, simply a plough horse, and much faster than many credited. His physicality was hard on him though but if he’d had better run blocking might have had a longer stay here.

Beast Quake was such an awesome play to have experienced in person, the crowd got louder and louder and the building was shaking as he went over the goal line. I know I was jumping up and down, it was freaking awesome!!!

I have seen all of the greatest plays in that stadium and that is by far and away the most intense, stadium SHAKING play I have ever witnessed and that includes "The Tip". I thought (besides breaking my ankles from jumping up and down so high) the stadium was going to collapse. The one thing the video does not capture is the intensity and shaking in the stands. It was epic and I doubt I will ever see anything like it again in my lifetime.

Forever Beast Quake!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Aros":bmia501c said:
jammerhawk":bmia501c said:

I have seen all of the greatest plays in that stadium and that is by far and away the most intense, stadium SHAKING play I have ever witnessed and that includes "The Tip". I thought (besides breaking my ankles from jumping up and down so high) the stadium was going to collapse. The one thing the video does not capture is the intensity and shaking in the stands. It was epic and I doubt I will ever see anything like it again in my lifetime.

Forever Beast Quake!

It was simply amazing, on so many levels. A special exceptional play

The underdog 7-9 Seahawks clinched against the former SB Champions with that play. However, they'd been moving the ball.

What was fun about it was it seemed the whole team got in on the run blocking. That run went on and on, and on, with one broken tackle or crunching straight arm after another as the whole crowd got louder and louder and the place began to shake. To me it was perfectly ended by Marshawn although the politically correct wouldn't agree. Marshawn became a legend on that play, and to me will be forever a Seahawks player.

In my section everyone was screaming and jumping up and down because normally we stand for every play, but the joint was a jumpin' w/o a doubt. Lots of high fives and fist bumps certainly happened after that. The play broke the will of Saints, and they were done. Best part is it happened on our side of the field so it was right in front of us 7 rows up.

Caused me to consume a few post game beverages too. :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

LargentFan

Reaction score
There used to be a high definition clip of that play floating around that had no commentary, only crowd noise. It really helps highlight the sharp increase in crowd noise when he breaks loose. You can catch it in this clip, but it is just more defined in the no-commentary clip.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
This is one of those life moments where you remember every little detail of where you were, what you were doing, what you were wearing, who you were with, just everything leading up to this moment.

In my case, a bunch of friends and I had to miss the beginning of the game because we were running the Bridle Trails race up in Kirkland. We planned on blocking out all the noise, How I Met Your Mother style, and watching the game on DVR later that night. After the race, we all piled into the rig and headed for Zeeks pizza to get some grub in us. Predictably, we couldn't take it and needed to hear what was going on, so we tuned into the 710 broadcast. About 5 minutes went by and as we were all talking amongst ourselves, we heard Raible starting to go ballistic. Just absolutely nuts.

Everytime I see this replay, especially the one with Raible announcing, I crack a big smile and a huge nostalgia wave comes over me and it feels like I'm back in that moment. What a great time that was. Thank you for sharing!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
One of my favorite plays from one of my favorite Hawk’s ever.
I LOVE Mayock’s call on the “instant replay”.

acer1240

Reaction score
I was working that day but was following the game online. After clocking out, I immediately went to the bar to watch the 2nd half.

When Beast Mode broke this run the bar simply exploded. I've never witnessed anything like it.

This was not a sports bar. It was in Great Falls, Montana.

Lynch caused mini earthquakes all over the country with one of the most iconic sports plays in history.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes let's not lose the fact that this play transcends Seahawks lore...It was one of the best professional sports plays EVER!

Hugging strangers is not an uncommon thing when a big play happens but on THAT play? I think I hugged over 100 strangers and they would say the same. Epic.

nwHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1is1ek4e said:

Indeed. That play seemed to take forever. Craziest (in the best possible way) experience that I have ever had in my life. Beastquake = Forever.

Seahawk

Reaction score
That play will live on in NFL history for a long long time. There are not many runs like that, especially when you consider that it was an important playoff game.