I remember this like it was yesterday

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Which was your favorite Hawk on this magic play? Jordan Babineaux baby !!! The guy who ended Bill Parcell coaching career.
[youtube]QVuQ5aw0HAQ[/youtube]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Best part was I took my buddy to the game and he was both a Seahawk and Cowboys fan. He grew up in Texas so he was excused, lol. He moved to the PNW and adopted the Hawks but this game was very difficult for him. We had so much fun that day prefunking (hiccup) and great good-natured ribbing going on all game long.

And then the infamous play.

I have been blessed to witness many epic plays in that stadium in person and that ranks up there as one of my all-time favorites. Had Romo gotten up and walked off the field right away it would never have had the same impact. It was that iconic shot of him holding his face mask, completely dejected which sealed the moment.

sutz

Reaction score
The thing that always gets me is that if Romo had reached the ball out away from his body, he could have probably reached the sticks and gained the first down. Instead, he cradled it in his belly and fell inches short.

Babs save the day there, for sure, though. :irishdrinkers:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sutz":ftkoomz2 said:
The thing that always gets me is that if Romo had reached the ball out away from his body, he could have probably reached the sticks and gained the first down. Instead, he cradled it in his belly and fell inches short.

between Babs tackle and Alexander's corresponding run to get them off the goal line, it was a pretty amazing sequence

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
sutz":xyiv2vxk said:

True. watching the replay Romo came so close to an improbable TD and being the hero.

Instead that game defined what was to come of his career and falling short. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3icdlecf said:
sutz":3icdlecf said:

between Babs tackle and Alexander's corresponding run to get them off the goal line, it was a pretty amazing sequence
Yep, most folks forget how crucial SA’s run to get the first down was. Even with that, the Cowboys had one shot with the Hail Mary that almost worked.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I remember sitting in my seat and trying to do the math after he makes the easy kick etc. Then going absolutely nuts w/everyone else. That play by Babs was amazing, he had to jump over a guy to even get there, then timed his dive just right as Romo had a real shot of scoring there.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Though it wasn't the Super Bowl, for the Cowboys and their fans it was their version of the Malcolm Butler SB49 interception shocker: a game-winning scoring certainty gone horribly wrong.