Delano Hill to IR

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1080203277013200896[/tweet]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bad news. He was playing well, and Pete called him "The best tackler in the draft that year."

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That's a bummer. He was starting to show some promise out there too.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2lb2lk38 said:
Too bad, he was finally playing at a serviceable level.

I'd say he was moving beyond serviceable to being pretty darn good. I think we will miss him as he's the closest thing to an enforcer we have in the back 4.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I hope TT is ready to play. Safety is getting extremely thin.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Are we the most snakebit team with injuries every year?
Damn..How do you fix this?Don't let players play in pre season
like the Rams did..

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Move Akeem King to safety. I think he would be pretty decent in that position. He's faster than Tedric Thompson (when TT is healthy). He did a good job against the Chiefs.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Dang, bad timing. Special Teams will also take a hit.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
IndyHawk":19fxwza2 said:
Are we the most snakebit team with injuries every year?
Damn..How do you fix this?Don't let players play in pre season
like the Rams did..

If you consider our opening day roster the Seahawks are one of the healthiest teams in the NFL.

We are maybe missing 3-4 (Earl/Hill, Griffin, Sweezy - depends on where you rank Dissly/Dickson) of our 22 optimal starters.

A lot of teams are missing a lot more than that.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
hawkfan68":wlqx0kfk said:
Move Akeem King to safety. I think he would be pretty decent in that position. He's faster than Tedric Thompson (when TT is healthy). He did a good job against the Chiefs.

Based on what?

King has never really played safety in the NFL, he was drafted as one but was practice squad fodder for about 3 years. He hasn't played significantly at all until we moved him to corner.

He's given up two touchdowns this year, one against the Bears and the one against the Cardinals last week where he got caught with his eyes n the wrong place. I'm not sure you want him at safety.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
That stinks. Delano was one of the few guys who could cover TEs well.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Tusc2000":p5lf8v71 said:
That stinks. Delano was one of the few guys who could cover TEs well.

He's a significantly better tackler than Thompson. I would love to have him in the box with McDougald deep to be honest.

Jville

Reaction score
I'll miss Delano's continuing development for the playoffs.

Mean while ...... under the radar ...... there is that former 2017 7th round project under the Raiders Ken Norton who Seattle traded a 2019 7th round pick for ..... Shalom Luani. There is also the versatile Maurice Alexander who has some useful experience and utility at safety.

[youtube]oK8qi0oBgm8[/youtube]

[urltargetblank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK8qi0oBgm8&feature=player_embedded[/urltargetblank]

Seafan

Reaction score
Hill really took a step up late in the season. Playing time obviously contributed to his progress. Same with King. Many thought Hill and T2 were failed picks but they couldn't get on the field last year with the three guys ahead of them.

Looking forward to seeing Hill, Kendricks, Dissly, Simmons, Jamarco Jones, Darboh back and providing competition and depth for 2019.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":26h0thgv said:
hawkfan68":26h0thgv said:

Based on what?

King has never really played safety in the NFL, he was drafted as one but was practice squad fodder for about 3 years. He hasn't played significantly at all until we moved him to corner.

He's given up two touchdowns this year, one against the Bears and the one against the Cardinals last week where he got caught with his eyes n the wrong place. I'm not sure you want him at safety.

Tre Flowers was a safety prior to being drafted. If a safety can be taught to play CB, then I have confidence that a CB can play safety (tSeahawks have been successful with moving DBs to different roles). King did well against the Chiefs. He has speed and range. He can be a cover safety and let McDougald play SS (which is what Bradley prefers to do). King has been with the Seahawks for 2 seasons, he has some understanding of what they are doing so he's not like a rookie there. With that said, I'm sure that Thompson will be back and playing safety. I think Tedric is slow for FS but that is just my opinion.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3ak42glj said:
WestcoastSteve":3ak42glj said:
hawkfan68":3ak42glj said:

Based on what?

Tre Flowers was a safety prior to being drafted. If a safety can be taught to play CB, then I have confidence that a CB can play safety (tSeahawks have been successful with moving DBs to different roles). King did well against the Chiefs. He has speed and range. He can be a cover safety and let McDougald play SS (which is what Bradley prefers to do). King has been with the Seahawks for 2 seasons, he has some understanding of what they are doing so he's not like a rookie there. With that said, I'm sure that Thompson will be back and playing safety. I think Tedric is slow for FS but that is just my opinion.

Yeah, watching Zeke run around him for 44 yards. I don't want King at safety. He can cover a tight end but his angles/containment don't impress me at all.