Baldy: Who wins Saturday night?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1080282788094509062[/tweet]

The usage and commitment to the run game were so important against Dallas earlier in the season. I thought it was a play calling gem for Brian Schottenheimer.

Joey Hunt started at center instead of of Justin Britt. No Doug Baldwin.

Yet, they still managed to control the tempo of the game, ground out first downs, and opened up things down field.

Chris Carson proved that he could be a workhorse and consistently generate positive plays without many holes.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Carson is the money factor this Saturday. If he gets over 100 I think we win. Of course Russell will have to play one of his better games (no 14-28, 124 yards 1 TDs and 2 INTs please)...If Russ plays well and Carson gets over 100 it's on to LA or N'Orleans.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":1w93kiju said:
Carson is the money factor this Saturday. If he gets over 100 I think we win. Of course Russell will have to play one of his better games (no 14-28, 124 yards 1 TDs and 2 INTs please)...If Russ plays well and Carson gets over 100 it's on to LA or N'Orleans.

I think we'll score 24 pts, so IMO the matchup that'll determine us winning or not is on the other side of the ball.

If our D can stimey Zeek and not allow Dak to get into rhythm making big plays, we'll win a 24-17 type game. If we see a Niner type effort with sloppy play, blown coverages and bad tackling? We're gonna lose.

The Cowboys offense is predicated much like our offense is, 5-6 yards on first down opening up play action, screens and Dak rolling out testing the fits and gaps of the defenders.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":21d45cqi said:
I think we'll score 24 pts, so IMO the matchup that'll determine us winning or not is on the other side of the ball.

If our D can stimey Zeek and not allow Dak to get into rhythm making big plays, we'll win a 24-17 type game. If we see a Niner type effort with sloppy play, blown coverages and bad tackling? We're gonna lose.

The Cowboys offense is predicated much like our offense is, 5-6 yards on first down opening up play action, screens and Dak rolling out testing the fits and gaps of the defenders.

I think that's why I keep seeing a lot of the media analyst folk (the intelligent ones that is) saying they are really charged up for this game because both teams are very similar and play old school football. Win or lose it should be a good one, and one that is probably going to come down to the wire. Dallas has a slight edge being at home (although not really that great of a home field advantage, I am sure there will be tons of 12's) but in the end I still think we are the better team.

Will it be enough?

Jville

Reaction score
Special Teams is gonna need to bounce back and be special.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1080546340247986176[/tweet]

Field Position should be a telling factor Saturday.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We can't afford that same kind of special teams performance or it's over.

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":3ey4d7xw said:
We can't afford that same kind of special teams performance or it's over.
Preach it Brother Todd.

:2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I know, Captain Obvious in the house. LOL

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Dallas has worst O in playoffs and top 4 defense.

Thats the matchup right there.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3mp9xrm6 said:
Dallas has worst O in playoffs and top 4 defense.

Thats the matchup right there.

Dallas doesn't have a Top 4 defense in any sense.

In yards allowed Dallas = 7th @ 329.2 ypg ( Seattle is 16th @ 353.3-- 24 yards per game difference)
In points allowed Dallas = 6th @ 20.2 ppg (Seattle is 11th @ 21.7-- 1.5 points per game difference)

On offense
Yards: Seattle = 18th @ 353.3 ypg --Dallas = 22nd @ 343.8 ypg 9.5 yards/game difference (SEA Adv)
Points: Seattle = 6th @ 26.8 ppg -- Dallas = 22nd @ 21.2 ppg 5.6 points per game difference (SEA Adv)

oddly enough the Seahawks are gaining and giving up the same amount of yards per game.

Just Seattle is more efficient at turning those into points.
yet Dallas is in nearly the same boat when comparing Points scored (21.2) vs points allowed. (20.2) Just +1 ppg difference.

I would expect a close game on Saturday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":3abkgtnd said:
Sgt. Largent":3abkgtnd said:

I think that's why I keep seeing a lot of the media analyst folk (the intelligent ones that is) saying they are really charged up for this game because both teams are very similar and play old school football. Win or lose it should be a good one, and one that is probably going to come down to the wire. Dallas has a slight edge being at home (although not really that great of a home field advantage, I am sure there will be tons of 12's) but in the end I still think we are the better team.

Will it be enough?

It's the playoffs, most matchups are very even. So it's like any game where the team's are evenly matches, what decides those games is mistakes, explosive plays and special teams.

- So do we trust our D to play sound?
- Do we trust Russell and the offense to not turn the ball over?
- Do we trust Janikowski to not miss an extra point or a FG?
- Can the defense not overrun plays and make a couple major scheme and gap mistakes?

Eh..............idk. The answer to some of these questions is yes, but the answer to some of these questions makes me queasy and nervous. Not sure if I trust the back end of our defense or Janikowski. Both have proven to be shaky.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qn6to3p said:
It's the playoffs, most matchups are very even. So it's like any game where the team's are evenly matches, what decides those games is mistakes, explosive plays and special teams.

- So do we trust our D to play sound?
- Do we trust Russell and the offense to not turn the ball over?
- Do we trust Janikowski to not miss an extra point or a FG?
- Can the defense not overrun plays and make a couple major scheme and gap mistakes?

Eh..............idk. The answer to some of these questions is yes, but the answer to some of these questions makes me queasy and nervous. Not sure if I trust the back end of our defense or Janikowski. Both have proven to be shaky.

Agreed. Special teams may be the biggest factor of all. I trust Russ, I trust our running game, I trust Baldwin and Lockett, Vanette and Dickson, I trust our defensive interior and linebackers but the back end can give up a lot of yards at times. As long as it's between the 20's, that bend-but-dont-break defense that gets stingy in the redzone... I can take the yardage if it doesn't yield TDs.

Want the real kicker (pun not intended)?

I trust SeaBass to win the game on a 52-yarder. A 34-yarder? Not-so-much.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I agree about Russell (trust +1). Russ in crunch (or playoff) time is a whole different kind of animal. It's win or go home, and Russ knows that well. He thrives in that situation. I expect to see "KC" Russell rather than Cardinal Russ. He'll bring the lunch box!

Ken Norton will be pumped, and he'll have his guys pumped up and ready to beat Dallas and Kris Richard. Unfortunately, depth will be a factor and guys will get tired and beat late. Special Teams... might decide the game.

Prediction: Seahawks 34 - Dallas 30

NINEster

Reaction score
Seahawk offensive performances in Dallas:

2015:

Wilson: 19/31, 210 yards, 6.8 yards per attempt, 1 TD, 1 INT

Lynch: 21/71, 3.4 yards per carry, 0 TD
Wilson: 6/32, 5.3 yards per carry, 0 TD
Rawls: 4/10, 2.5 yards per carry, 0 TD

Seahawks 13, Cowboys 12

2017:

Wilson: 14/21, 93 yards, 4.4 yards per attempt, 2 TD, 0 INT

Wilson: 9/29 yards, 3.2 ypc, 0 TD
Davis: 15/25 yards, 1.7 ypc, 0 TD
Rawls: 5/20 yards, 4.0 ypc, 0 TD
Lockett: 1/2 yards, 2.0 ypc, 0 TD

Seahawks 24, Cowboys 12

Prescott threw two INTs which aided Seahawk scoring.

He threw 0 TDs.

Clearly he will have to step up in this game. Elliot rushed 24 attempts for 97 yards, so the production was good enough to be in it till the end.

This game is all about the Cowboys offense versus Seahawk defense. If the Cowboys can score over 20 points you have to like their chances in this game, whereas if they are held to 13, it's most likely a loss.

Amari Cooper could be the x factor. And will this be the first time Earl Thomas has not played against his favorite team?

Marinelli's run defense is pretty stout against the Seahawks and he understands how to limit Wilson schematically. An underrated DC, people think the Saints game a month ago was a fluke, but it's not.

The Cowboys home field advantage isn't so much about crowd noise limiting the Seahawk offense or firing up their defense, but is about not allowing their own offense to be completely shut down by the Century Link crowd.

Will Wilson get his customary bombs to Lockett? Probably.

Should be a fun one.