https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas ... wboys-fans

Seymour

Reaction score
:snack:
See yours and raise you one.
:snack:

johneric8

Reaction score
Trust me, as a cowboys fan he has a right to be worried. Most of the people at the games aren't the true fans of the team. Jerry has created a situation where it's easier for car dealers and country club owners to spread tickets out to their clients as opposed to the fans that really care. The people that populate jerry world are incredibly uneducated on proper fan support etiquette. It's unfortunately really!

The sad truth is, guys like me would rather watch the game in front of a big TV at home as opposed to dealing with many of the idiots that go to our games who make noise while we're on offense.

Jville

Reaction score
pmedic920":34kmshrg said:

It has been many ..... many years since I lived in Dallas. Back then, many Cowboy Fans had a habit of sucking down Bloody Marys on Sunday mornings as the cure all for Saturday night hang overs. Since this game is scheduled for Saturday ..... before that time honored tradition, Prescott might get his wish. Then again ...... the action among fans in stadium seating could get more lively than usual. And then again, the weekend culture in Dallas may have changed since my days in Dallas. We'll see.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
johneric8":1s6p2zsg said:
Trust me, as a cowboys fan he has a right to be worried. Most of the people at the games aren't the true fans of the team. Jerry has created a situation where it's easier for car dealers and country club owners to spread tickets out to their clients as opposed to the fans that really care. The people that populate jerry world are incredibly uneducated on proper fan support etiquette. It's unfortunately really!

The sad truth is, guys like me would rather watch the game in front of a big TV at home as opposed to dealing with many of the idiots that go to our games who make noise while we're on offense.

Welcome back. I do understand as a friend of mine worked at one of them car dealerships. Some of them people....were they dressed in Blue and Green..???? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
johneric8":1c6sjq5z said:

I fully understand the situation, and it’s not unique to AT&T stadium.

I’m fairly certain that a lot of teams/venues have the same problem.

Don’t take my post personal, it’s not.

I simply find it humorous that Dak recognizes it as “a problem”.

One could argue that it’s not a problem but I’d counter with, if it’s not, why is Dak addressing it in the media.

Good luck to you and yours come Saturday but I hope the Seahawks CRUSH YOUR DREAMS.

Cheers
GoHawks.

PS
Very respectful and well articulated post, we appreciate it.

Jville

Reaction score
This is an interesting perspective on Saturday night's party ..... er sports venue ........

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1080954312530882560[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
johneric8":q8tnbft1 said:

You're not the first Cowboy fan to voice these sentiments.

Jones had no intention of building a new stadium that had regular fans in mind, or creating an awesome homefield advantage for the Cowboys...........all he cared about was size and making money.

Had to be the biggest stadium, the biggest Jumbotron, with the most nonsense going on all over the stadium. AT&T is just a soulless cavernous glorified parking garage full of pretentious a-holes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":m3ggtyw6 said:
AT&T is just a soulless cavernous glorified parking garage full of pretentious a-holes.

The stadium or the telecommunications company?

hawks85

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2m6bt6xi said:
johneric8":2m6bt6xi said:

Jones had no intention of building a new stadium that had regular fans in mind, or creating an awesome homefield advantage for the Cowboys...........all he cared about was size and making money.

Had to be the biggest stadium, the biggest Jumbotron, with the most nonsense going on all over the stadium. AT&T is just a soulless cavernous glorified parking garage full of pretentious a-holes.
Yup, I've been to Dallas before and that's the experience I had. Rude, no manners just a bunch of idiots. One guy bumped me and I was like what happened to the southern hospitality I heard about. I will never go to the south ever again.

hawks85

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1i9bxeje said:
johneric8":1i9bxeje said:

Yup, I've been to Dallas before and that's the experience I had. Rude, no manners just a bunch of idiots. One guy bumped me and I was like what happened to the southern hospitality I heard about. I will never go to the south ever again.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Guess the fans of America’s Team don’t know how to cheer and provide a home field advantage. Thought that was fandom 101.

Hope some 12’s make the trip to render an education.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
hawks85":1gn8b7wb said:
Sgt. Largent":1gn8b7wb said:
johneric8":1gn8b7wb said:

Come on man!

Seriously, you’re gunna be that guy?

Hell, I’ve seen some of the worst manners, and gross “street people “ I’ve ever seen right there in Seattle but I recommend Seattle as a destination all the time.

There’s “dick heads” everyplace you go.

Yes the “south” has its unique problems but so does EVERY other region.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
What he isn't taking into consideration is: the fact a lot of Seahawks Fans will be in the stands, and won't be quiet when Dallas is on Offense... Just saying... :irishdrinkers:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
johneric8":hppgt89a said:

This is what I've noticed also.

Most Dallas fans (like em or not) are respectively knowledgeable. Texas has kind of embraced football at all levels more than anywhere in the country, so it makes sense that would be the case. But it does seem obvious, the fans that attend the games don't seem to be cut from the same cloth.

It does make me happy that our fans seem to be able to not only afford to get in the games but also display football fan knowledge.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawks85":lxxbb6p5 said:
Sgt. Largent":lxxbb6p5 said:
johneric8":lxxbb6p5 said:

I was talking about the elitist upper crust Dallas fans that now attend Cowboy games, not Texas or the south in general.

IMO the south including Texas has some of the nicest most well mannered people in the country.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":207i0m3c said:
johneric8":207i0m3c said:

Most Dallas fans (like em or not) are respectively knowledgeable. Texas has kind of embraced football at all levels more than anywhere in the country, so it makes sense that would be the case. But it does seem obvious, the fans that attend the games don't seem to be cut from the same cloth.

It does make me happy that our fans seem to be able to not only afford to get in the games but also display football fan knowledge.
Your experience is much different than mine. What you described is the exception not the rule in my experience.
Most of the cowturds fans I’ve dealt with are like the general population in the movie Idiocracy, dumber than a stump, and can only repeat the “5 rings” statement when talking about their team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19f579yf said:
RichNhansom":19f579yf said:
johneric8":19f579yf said:

Your experience is much different than mine. What you described is the exception not the rule in my experience.
Most of the cowturds fans I’ve dealt with are like the general population in the movie Idiocracy, dumber than a stump, and can only repeat the “5 rings” statement when talking about their team.

"Troy Aikman is still playing, right???" LOL

2_0_6

Reaction score
That stadium was built to create revenue for large events (National Championships, Draft, Concerts, Super Bowl, Etc.), NOT an home field advantage built for noise like the Clink.