Injury Report for 1/5/19 Dallas Game

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1080953284104314880[/tweet]DwBRRcpU8AAG5lg
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1080949650574589952[/tweet]

....................... so who will provide fullback services?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1080947498242367488[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
DwBS4WyVsAAEo 9[tweet]https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/1080955046119030784[/tweet]

Reaction score
sweezy is big as well. Hopefully he and Fluker can hold up fine and we have a great chance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":2wxtrnbt said:
sweezy is big as well. Hopefully he and Fluker can hold up fine and we have a great chance.

Pete said Sweezy looks good, but still will be a gametime decision...........which in the playoffs means "he's playing" 99% of the time.

But yes, if we have to see Pocic in there, that's bad news. He's been terrible.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sweezy is going to start and play the whole game. I can just see it happening. :irishdrinkers:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Of course all the injuries vanish when it's time for the playoffs. ;)

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The Cowboys starting LG did not practice this week and is listed as doubtful. That means a rookie is likely to be starting at LG. Jarran Reed is going to eat.

Dallas may have even more injuries along their offensive line than the Seahawks, which is saying something. Their two best linemen, Martin and Smith, are both limited due to injuries. Looney has started at center all season after Travis Frederick was IR’d with an autoimmune disease. Collins has been the steady presence for Dallas at RT.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":b6pja7s6 said:
Truth. Sweezy is a massive upgrade over Pocic.

At the beginning of the season I would have questioned this. Now? Not so much, Sadly, Pocic has taken a step backwards. :|

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seymour":3b27srva said:
SoulfishHawk":3b27srva said:

At the beginning of the season I would have questioned this. Now? Not so much, Sadly, Pocic has taken a step backwards. :|

Pocic was terrible last year too. However, the guys around him were worse (Aboushi, Joeckel, etc) so he looked much better. Now that he has better players around him, we're seeing how awful he really is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sweezy is a ex D lineman, game day he will say rub some dirt on it and I'll be fine.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1xaayvtw said:
The Cowboys starting LG did not practice this week and is listed as doubtful. That means a rookie is likely to be starting at LG. Jarran Reed is going to eat.

Dallas may have even more injuries along their offensive line than the Seahawks, which is saying something. Their two best linemen, Martin and Smith, are both limited due to injuries. Looney has started at center all season after Travis Frederick was IR’d with an autoimmune disease. Collins has been the steady presence for Dallas at RT.
You know, I HATE the Cowpukes but I would NEVER wish an autoimmune condition of the nervous system on anyone since I also suffer from one(MS). I did not know that other players have suffered through the same condition, including Refrigerator Perry. Sad.
Having said that, I still hope we kick their ass. HARD.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":9ogtlr8r said:
Sweezy is a ex D lineman, game day he will say rub some dirt on it and I'll be fine.

Heard Clayton on 710 today saying he talked to Sweezy. He said he's sore, but you know me, I'll play. Or something like that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawkfan68":37ut9380 said:
Seymour":37ut9380 said:
SoulfishHawk":37ut9380 said:

Pocic was terrible last year too. However, the guys around him were worse (Aboushi, Joeckel, etc) so he looked much better. Now that he has better players around him, we're seeing how awful he really is.

Nah. Pocic wasn't missing assignments nearly this bad last year. He's just straight-up regressed.

Time on the bench might be at fault for that, but at this point, we don't have the luxury of playing him to find out.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":n53oxfl5 said:
Nah. Pocic wasn't missing assignments nearly this bad last year. He's just straight-up regressed.

Time on the bench might be at fault for that, but at this point, we don't have the luxury of playing him to find out.

Wasn't Pocic the week one starter? Didn't his early season injury coincide with Sweezy getting over his own injury? I agree that his lack of meaningful game reps are part of the reason. But at the same time, he didn't take full advantage of the opportunity given to him in the off-season. And you're correct, there's no way you could stick him back in there for Sweezy when the line was clicking.

HawkerD

Reaction score
First off Pocic has been AWFUL! But...I am going to discount the time he spent under Cable as completely retarding his development. He was probably a worse player after cable than he was when drafted. Looking at the guy he should be able to be a serviceable inside OL (G or C). I am going to give him another year in the gym and under Solari before I am ready to scream for his head. Right now he is an extreme liability when out there.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Pete Carroll January 3, 2019 speaks to injuries, rehab and team status going into Cowboy game.

Head Coach Pete Carroll January 3, 2019 transcript with embedded audio link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawksmedia.com/transcripts/carroll-01-03-19/[/urltargetblank]