Playoff Season Greetings

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Gentleman,

Last time I chimed in on your board ….. my Cowboys won a big game up there in Seattle.(2014) I've conveniently stayed away before the last three wins you have had on us … but I'm hoping to keep a pattern going here :)

I've read through some threads here…… and I think you guys have a healthy balance of realest that know this game should be A: A Top Shelf Football Game and B: A very very close one.

If you asked me a week or so ago…….I would have said the Chickens should be solidly favored to win this game. Wilson is one of my favorite current NFL QB's to watch. I don't think he gets the top tier QB credit his skillset or winning percentage earns. On this end .. Dak has regressed in many ways earlier and in mid season. Really bad on many fronts ……. all while sprinkling some bigtime throws in here and there. But…. You don't earn the last ranked red zone offense by accident. Between the 20's, we have looked all century at times ……… but just turn to shit in the red zone.

With that being said…….. there were a good bit of those red zone stalls that were from easy dropped catches (that we have executed much better in the past) or penalties (garbage or not). My point is….. Is that we could put together a game without those mistakes and be a far more formidable offense.

After watching the last 5 hawks games, I'm thinking my Cowboys have a much better shot at winning this game. Both teams have beat a conference #1 seed ……. Both teams also put out some bad tape in that 5 game stretch. I like the Cowboys momentum off their week 17 game vs your Cardinals game. I think you needed that game ? …… and got taken to the mat by a team picking #1 in the draft. Cowboys did not need their game (but needed snaps for our lousy passing game ) and played a motivated Giants team to the mat. We did that with 4 blue chip offensive players in sweats.

This is really the game imo. Wilson is a superior QB to Prescott. Wilson also needs his role out game for that to be the case. If Marinelli and Richard can dial up the same contain/ spy front that we played against the Saints, then we are in it. Very much so. If we let Wilson out of the pocket in big situations …….. He will put his team on his back and beat us. All of the other position group matchups are so close that it’s a complete toss up. That's not the case at QB … but if my Cowboys Defense can make Drew Bree's have a bad day…… we certainly can do that with Wilson. We will have to …. Or we're cleaning lockers on Sunday.

Get that Prilosec topped off.

Oh...... and what sucks about close evenly matched games like this...... is that bad calls will determine the winner. Period. Thats just todays NFL like it or not. We can only hope that our team somehow smokes the other guy so that we don't have to be pissed about blown calls. I would rather lose decisively then have some trash calls/non calls. My Cowboys have been bounced from their last two Playoff games from that raging bullshit and its getting old.

Maulbert

Reaction score
STAR WARS":30erk7pd said:
Gentleman,

Last time I chimed in on your board ….. my Cowboys won a big game up there in Seattle.(2014) I've conveniently stayed away before the last three wins you have had on us … but I'm hoping to keep a pattern going here :)

I've read through some threads here…… and I think you guys have a healthy balance of realest that know this game should be A: A Top Shelf Football Game and B: A very very close one.

If you asked me a week or so ago…….I would have said the Chickens should be solidly favored to win this game. Wilson is one of my favorite current NFL QB's to watch. I don't think he gets the top tier QB credit his skillset or winning percentage earns. On this end .. Dak has regressed in many ways earlier and in mid season. Really bad on many fronts ……. all while sprinkling some bigtime throws in here and there. But…. You don't earn the last ranked red zone offense by accident. Between the 20's, we have looked all century at times ……… but just turn to shit in the red zone.

With that being said…….. there were a good bit of those red zone stalls that were from easy dropped catches (that we have executed much better in the past) or penalties (garbage or not). My point is….. Is that we could put together a game without those mistakes and be a far more formidable offense.

After watching the last 5 hawks games, I'm thinking my Cowboys have a much better shot at winning this game. Both teams have beat a conference #1 seed ……. Both teams also put out some bad tape in that 5 game stretch. I like the Cowboys momentum off their week 17 game vs your Cardinals game. I think you needed that game ? …… and got taken to the mat by a team picking #1 in the draft. Cowboys did not need their game (but needed snaps for our lousy passing game ) and played a motivated Giants team to the mat. We did that with 4 blue chip offensive players in sweats.

This is really the game imo. Wilson is a superior QB to Prescott. Wilson also needs his role out game for that to be the case. If Marinelli and Richard can dial up the same contain/ spy front that we played against the Saints, then we are in it. Very much so. If we let Wilson out of the pocket in big situations …….. He will put his team on his back and beat us. All of the other position group matchups are so close that it’s a complete toss up. That's not the case at QB … but if my Cowboys Defense can make Drew Bree's have a bad day…… we certainly can do that with Wilson. We will have to …. Or we're cleaning lockers on Sunday.

Oh...... and what sucks about close evenly matched games like this...... is that bad calls will determine the winner. Period. Thats just todays NFL like it or not. We can only hope that our team somehow smokes the other guy so that we don't have to be pissed about blown calls. I would rather lose decisively then have some trash calls/non calls. My Cowboys have been bounced from their last two Playoff games from that raging bullshit and its getting old.

So, what's your excuse for getting shut out by a Colts team that needed a last minute escape vs. the 5-11 Giants? :stirthepot:

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Maulbert":pvwb4oqp said:
So, what's your excuse for getting shut out by a Colts team that needed a last minute escape vs. the 5-11 Giants? :stirthepot:

Well.....I'd imagine the same excuse your Chickens had for getting dropped by a 3rd string undrafted 9ners QB and getting taken to the wire by...…. um......hold on...… oh yeah Josh Rosen. Who played a spectacularly shitty game of QB I might ad.

Colts game was our Defense having a bad day against a Colts O line/ team that is pretty fkn solid. We don't have a good enough offense to carry this team. Oh yeah.... their D coordinator Matt Eberflus was one of Garretts longest serving assistant coaches until this season. No other coach in football knows our team/scheme better and it showed.
Bottom line is..... if our D has a bad night on Saturday.... you win comfortably. We both should hope both teams bring their best Saturday night.

Oh..... and the Giants ? Who dropped 30 on Chicago's D ? Yeah they have been playing some scrappy ass football over the last 5 games. Thus my shoutout to the way the Cowboys played and coached in that last game.

Maulbert

Reaction score
STAR WARS":2qa1gwjl said:
Maulbert":2qa1gwjl said:

Well.....I'd imagine the same excuse your Chickens had for getting dropped by a 3rd string undrafted 9ners QB and getting taken to the wire by...…. um......hold on...… oh yeah Josh Rosen. Who played a spectacularly shitty game of QB I might ad.

Colts game was our Defense having a bad day against a Colts O line/ team that is pretty fkn solid. We don't have a good enough offense to carry this team. Oh yeah.... their D coordinator Matt Eberflus was one of Garretts longest serving assistant coaches until this season. No other coach in football knows our team/scheme better and it showed.
Bottom line is..... if our D has a bad night on Saturday.... you win comfortably. We both should hope both teams bring their best Saturday night.

Oh..... and the Giants ? Who dropped 30 on Chicago's D ? Yeah they have been playing some scrappy ass football over the last 5 games. Thus my shoutout to the way the Cowboys played and coached in that last game.

I was just funning you. No ill will intended. Though I still can't wish luck on Saturday. I'll just wish you no injuries. :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
Maulbert":1w9cvi2h said:
,I was just funning you. No ill will intended. Though I still can't wish luck on Saturday. I'll just wish you no injuries. :irishdrinkers:

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Indeed.... lets keep injuries to a minimum.

I was talkin a little trash on that 9ners game...… but truthfully, that Cat Mullens is slinging the rock for those guys. With the tape he's put up this year, the 9ners could trade him for some nice picks. Where did that guy come from ?

D

DomeHawk

STAR WARS":3qg6kiyo said:
Gentleman,

I think you make some well reasoned points. Unfortunately for you though, it only adds adds to your to delusion, you are not going to win this game and you know it.

OP
OP
S

STAR WARS

Reaction score
DomeHawk I think you make some well reasoned points. Unfortunately for you though said:
Well..... in 2014 there were some folks here not even questioning if their Chickens were going to win a game against the Dallas Cowboys in your house. "blowout " was tossed around very liberally if I do recall. And your hawks got their ass beat.

So there is always that :D

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
What are your thoughts Star Wars about some of the matchups-- your secondary v. our WRs snd vice-versa? Whose pass rush has the advantage? Jarran Reed has been just a beast for us on the interior with 10.5 sacks. Clark has turned into a premier DE. Dallas always has a solid OL though-how does it stack up this year?

How are your LBs in coverage? Can our TEs take advantage in the seam?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
STAR WARS":9qijv0c6 said:
Well..... in 2014 there were some folks here not even questioning if their Chickens were going to win a game against the Dallas Cowboys in your house. "blowout " was tossed around very liberally if I do recall. And your hawks got their ass beat.

So there is always that :D

Living in the past I see....you keep bringing up 2014. Well this isn't 2014 and the Cowboys don't have Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, and Jason Witten. Has Dak Prescott even beaten the Seahawks in a meaningful game (regular season or playoffs)? I think not.

mikeak

Reaction score
I think Cowboy fans underappreciates the value of a week rest when playing a team on a short week AND you get them at home

Dallas got a home game on Thanksgiving, then a week off vs Saints travelling and having a short week. Please do believe that makes you better than Saints and others that have QBs that should be contained....

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
This whole notion of putting a “spy” on Russell Wilson is getting very old. He has spies on him every game. The whole point has always been to rush contained. However, now Russell will torch you from the pocket.

Your best hope is to keep him on the sidelined with your run game. Something you’re completely capable off with the talent on your team. If your offense stalls, it’s going to be a long game for y’all.

And please don’t forget the amazing 0 points your offense put up against that legendary colts defense which is littered with hall of fame players :sarcasm_on:

lukerguy

Reaction score
If this thread mysteriously becomes deleted prior to kickoff... the post never happened...

"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious"- Michael Scott

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I wonder if he knows that our best oline starters were on the bench with injuries and 2 other oline men were playing different positions in the Arizona game and that we already locked up a wild card spot before the game , oh and that our guys are all going to be back for the first time in a month on Saturday , woohoo :2thumbs:

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I think we can agree both teams have been world beaters in some games, and garbage fires in others. I give the edge to us for 3 reasons.

---Primetime playoffs. We do well in primetime, and have playoff winning experience at QB/FO/HC

---Russ>Dak, especially in clutch situations. He is ultra dependable. We are alllllways in the game, and win many at the wire.

---Numbers. Going off of pff metrics, we have an advantage in most areas. This is much closer, but still, we come out on top.

As far as the boys advantages, it is pretty much home field and that zeke is a beast. I still remember the first time he and Kam went toe to toe on that first hit. You could see Bambam was a bit surprised. Zeke brought it. Our key is going to be stacking and stopping the run. Man coverage, single high on the back end and let the chips fall.

We. will. win.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
lukerguy":1r3zu8sm said:
If this thread mysteriously becomes deleted prior to kickoff... the post never happened...

"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious"- Michael Scott

Naw, but it might get Shacked™. I mean, we can do that. But if we want this one to stay in the main forum, the smack talk should be at a minimum.

As an aside, I think the OP should really drop a post in the Shack™ as well, and let things go from there.

Whatever the outcome (and I think both teams are schizophrenic enough to make the game go any which way but loose), let's have an injury-free, flag-free, fun playoff game.

:irishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m surprised the Jerruh’s kids fan didn’t bring up their 5 rusted Lombardi’s from last century, that’s usually a weak trash talking cowturd’s fans “go to” when they realize they can’t talk much about their team’s recent past or present success.

Winning their crappy division by default brings a lot of false bravado to the surface by these pukes.

An Eli Manning led offense last week put up 35 points on this guy’s healthy “all world” defense! Let that sink in!

2 playoff wins since their last Super Bowl equals “23 years of tears” brought to you by one the worst GM’s in all of sports. He will disappear for another 5 years after his team loses Saturday.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Here's another fact....to date, the Seahawks have not lost a game in the "Wildcard" round of the playoffs with Russell Wilson as QB. In Russell's rookie season they played a road wildcard playoff game against the Redskins and beat them in DC. Now the team is definitely different than that one in 2013. This Seahawk team can paly well on the road too. They gave the Rams a run for their money in LA. It should be a good game.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Yeah no injuries for the Seahawks or Cowplops

had2bhawk

Reaction score
STAR WARS

My Cowboys have been bounced from their last two Playoff games from that raging bullshit and its getting old.

I feel your pain. What you need to do for YOUR team is get that loser of a coach out of your system, then try again next year.