UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
1st team

Wagner and Dickson

2nd team

Duane Brown

acer1240

Reaction score
Wonder which one of the 50 did not vote for Wagner.

Whoever it is should have their voting rights revoked

kobebryant

Reaction score
So.. Bobby Wagner - multiple 1st team All-Pros, multiple Pro Bowls, 2 NFC championships and 1 Super Bowl, 28 years old and a no doubt Hall of Famer with no signs of slowing down. At what point is it fair to put him in the discussion amongst Tez, Walt and Largent as the greatest Seahawk of all-time? Because that resume is starting to get there.

acer1240

Reaction score
Interesting thought Kobe. I've never really thought about it but you make a damn valid point.

I still think Walter Jones was the greatest player at any position for 6 years or so. That's tough to top....

Wagner is top 5 and climbing imo

CPHawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":3sise115 said:
So.. Bobby Wagner - multiple 1st team All-Pros, multiple Pro Bowls, 2 NFC championships and 1 Super Bowl, 28 years old and a no doubt Hall of Famer with no signs of slowing down. At what point is it fair to put him in the discussion amongst Tez, Walt and Largent as the greatest Seahawk of all-time? Because that resume is starting to get there.

Did any of them play in multiple SB or win one? Based on that alone I'd put him there with any of those guys. He also lead the greatest D in franchise history, and arguably a top 3 all time in NFL history.

kobebryant

Reaction score
acer1240":rtegu7nr said:
Interesting thought Kobe. I've never really thought about it but you make a damn valid point.

I still think Walter Jones was the greatest player at any position for 6 years or so. That's tough to top....

Wagner is top 5 and climbing imo

It surprised me too actually. Wagner's career greatness relative to Seahawks greats of the past snuck up pretty quick - but I just checked Tez, Largent and Walt wikipedia page, and a 28 year old Wagner is firmly in the race. It will always be subjective, but like Walt, Bobby is closing in on a decade as a top 2 player at his position in the league.

HawkerD

Reaction score
On National Broadcasts I get the sense that BWags has become universally respected. I only hear glowing things about him. If he can continue for 3 more years at his current level then you can't really make a solid argument about him not being the best Hawk of all time. Of course there will be naysayers but the arguments will be weak.

Even with the LOB in their prime it was Wags who was calling the D and likely the silent leader in the locker room.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":jee1aifq said:
Can't take any list seriously if Prosise isn't on it.

So you only take the Injured Reserve List seriously?

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Congrats to out ALL PRO selections.

Walter Jones is legit the best to ever play left tackle. Too bad it’s a position that doesn’t have a lot of sex appeal. Bobby is the second best hawk in history based on resume, to me. Tez, and then it’s open. Largent is/was great, but we all know his all time rank in the position category is top 30 at this point. He obviously means more to the brotherhood of hawks than to the brotherhood of WRs. I’m only saying that he can be surpassed. Easley can fall due to longevity to some of these guys. I love our current list of hoffers. Where will Wilson land? Who else of recent years, makes it?

kf3339

Reaction score
I'm glad for our guys making the list. But to me it is completely disrespectful for the organizers to allow JJ Watt and Derwin James to make the list on two defensive positions and claim they are better than the other players in the league at those positions full time. Put JJ Watt at DT for a full season and see how he handles the job. Do the same with James at CB.

Both deserved the All Pro honors at Edge and S, but should not qualify for other Defensive positions. IMO the league should make this change starting next year.