Is Wilson the best QB in the playoffs

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Seems the QB talent in the NFL is as good as any season I can remember. Do you think RW is playing like the top QB in the playoffs at this moment?

Brady
Brees
Wilson
Mahomes
Rivers
Luck
Watson
Dak
Goff
Foles
Jackson
Trubisky

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

quadsas

Reaction score
Ill take Russell over any of them. If Brady wasn't washed up I would take him. Nick Foles is #3 on the list. I don't trust anyone else, most of them are losers and don't have the killer instinct

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Well there's a couple young guys on there with far better stats and team records this year. A couple with far better career accolades, along with better stats and team records this year. So Its really hard to say best, by pretty much any statistical/qb wins/accolades measure he's 3rd or 4th.

However most of those QBs are in systems that inflate their stats. Id love to see what Wilson could do with the Chiefs....

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2ypbfgya said:
Well there's a couple young guys on there with far better stats and team records this year. A couple with far better career accolades, along with better stats and team records this year. So Its really hard to say best, by pretty much any statistical/qb wins/accolades measure he's 3rd or 4th.

However most of those QBs are in systems that inflate their stats. Id love to see what Wilson could do with the Chiefs....

That would mean he’s on the Chiefs and not the Seahawks. Perhaps you meant you would like to see what Russell would do with the Seahawks utilizing the Chiefs offense? Huge difference.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3okghbrm said:
XxXdragonXxX":3okghbrm said:

That would mean he’s on the Chiefs and not the Seahawks. Perhaps you meant you would like to see what Russell would do with the Seahawks utilizing the Chiefs offense? Huge difference.
Good point..
PH is younger,faster and taller..I'm not so sure RW would
be as good in that offense.
You also have to get the lucky with getting a few of those
players KC has as it makes a huge difference.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I would take Wilson over all of the above

Luck is really good as a QB, but turnover prone. Often fixing the mistakes he created and getting big yardage in the process

Brees is obviously great. But I still doubt they'd be as great without Kamara + Ingram. They had plenty of 7-9 seasons otherwise. He's also a statue for a great pass rush

Brady is getting up there. Also, the Belicheck factor

Watson is amazing and will probably make a deep run, but he hasn't earned his stripes yet

Dak wishes he was Wilson

Lamar Jackson is scary good athletically. If Marty can do to him what he did with Vick in 2010...Oh my Lord

Foles is clutch, I'll give him that. I feel like he's secretly Pederson's favorite

Trubisky is very athletic but let's be real. Put Russ on that team and they're guaranteed a SB. Everyone would might as well go home

Rivers is an underachiever who has the most talented team in the league..yet it wouldn't shock me if he came up short. Because Rivers, who's never gotten criticized in the media when he falters (just like Luck, Matt Ryan, and Stafford)

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Brees is the best but if I'm down a score and need someone to step up, I'm not sure I wouldn't want a scrambler out there. A guy that can make plays with his legs scares defenses to death since you have to commit someone to preventing the QB run and that puts more pressure on your DB's.

So guys like Wilson, Luck, Jackson, Watson, Mahomes, Prescott all worry me more in a tight situation than Brees, Brady or Rivers.

Of course in the end if GOAT Foles is playing then he's the man. You just never know if that guy will show up.

John63

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3qmrjo6z said:

I think when you take into account system, the talent around them, experience it is pretty easy to see Wilson amongst the tops.

In looking at all those QBs you could easily argue Wilson has less talent around him than any of them, and all of them with better stats are in systems designed for them and that. Not to say I would say he is #1 but he is top 5. Now if you add in the ability to close or comeback he is #1. An argument can be made I think one of the sites actually did this and they put him #2 behind Brees.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Wilson was the 3rd best QB in the NFL this year. Mahomes and Brees have more supporting talent. But Mahomes is too young, and Brees is getting old. I thought Wilson outplayed Mahomes a couple weeks ago. I wouldn’t trade Wilson’s playoff experience for Mahomes. I would still put Wilson below Brees, right now.

mrblitz

Reaction score
what is everyone talking about? russell is the goat. period. end of story. ymmv

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Mahomes is legit, will the playoffs be too big for him? I doubt it. Wilson is good but i don't think he's the best. Brady and Brees are both better at the moment.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Wenhawk":4yn6gdro said:
Mahomes is legit, will the playoffs be too big for him? I doubt it. Wilson is good but i don't think he's the best. Brady and Brees are both better at the moment.

No

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
hawknation2018":1wefjabe said:
Wilson was the 3rd best QB in the NFL this year. Mahomes and Brees have more supporting talent. But Mahomes is too young, and Brees is getting old. I thought Wilson outplayed Mahomes a couple weeks ago. I wouldn’t trade Wilson’s playoff experience for Mahomes. I would still put Wilson below Brees, right now.

This is pretty spot on. Mahomes has had a crazy good year. Brees is a sure-fire first ballot Hall of Fame player and has had another stellar season. Playoff experience counts some, but Wilson was great in the playoffs when he was brand new too, so don't count out Mahomes just yet. I'd also throw Brady in that mix. He's getting a lot older, but he still has insane talent, is still playing well, and is a shoe-in for first ballot Hall of Fame.

Still, putting Wilson in the conversation with two first ballot Hall of Famers and a guy who threw for over 5,000 yards and FIFTY touchdown passes this year is pretty wild.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2t7aewlj said:

With a Quarterback's Coach like Andy Reid as his HC?, I think Wilson would probably kick some major ass all across the League.
Ma-homeless has great instincts, he just lacks the experience, & cunning that Wilson has, that being said, he belongs in this top ten....The caveat?, other Defenses will dial in to his (Mahome's) strengths, & weaknesses, and be able to game plan against him, Just Like They Did With Wilson.

quadsas

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":bad9migt said:
hawknation2018":bad9migt said:

This is pretty spot on. Mahomes has had a crazy good year. Brees is a sure-fire first ballot Hall of Fame player and has had another stellar season. Playoff experience counts some, but Wilson was great in the playoffs when he was brand new too, so don't count out Mahomes just yet. I'd also throw Brady in that mix. He's getting a lot older, but he still has insane talent, is still playing well, and is a shoe-in for first ballot Hall of Fame.

Still, putting Wilson in the conversation with two first ballot Hall of Famers and a guy who threw for over 5,000 yards and FIFTY touchdown passes this year is pretty wild.

Don't recall Wilson losing all 4 primetime games. That tells me Mahomes is winning one game at most, and judging by how Indy looked today, I give him maybe 10% to win that game. Brees? Guy lost to 7-9 team in the playoffs, got carried by defence that one year, loser. Give me Wilson everytime

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
No, but he's the best QB in the NFC Wild Card, and he's why Seattle is probably going to win despite Dallas having an all around better team outside of the QB position (or at least they look better to me outside of that position).

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Best QB in the playoffs is the one that wins.

Move along...