I dont see a low scoring game

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Unless you are only talking about the cowboys score.

Seems as though nearly all the media guys are calling this game as a low scoring defensive slugfest. Thing is, neither one of our defenses are world beaters. The cowboys the last half of the season gave up a lot of points to crap teams. We have been pretty good, but not great. I see both of our defenses as just a bit above average heading into today.

Cowboys have been doing well between the 20's, but 5th heir redzone offense leaves a lot to be desired. We have been average between the 20's with great red zone play. Our defense has done well with the bend dont break mentality as far as red zone TD stoppages.

I think this game gets in the 30's. Primetime playoffs is russ's gig. I'm calling this one 37 24 hawks.

naholmes

Reaction score
Both teams are run heavy and burn clock on offense so honestly I can’t see total points past low 50s let alone reach 60s. However, I do think you’re right that both teams will be able to move the ball and put up points.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
What Naholmes said.

With two running teams that slow everything down, there won't be enough possessions for a high scoring affair, no matter what the defenses do. It'll be a ball control, clock killing slugfest rather than a stifling defensive struggle.