I liked the idea of sticking with game plan

Crizilla

Reaction score
It worked pretty much all season. About the refs, I would assume anyway in a close game things would go Cowboys way. Refs barely called anything in the first half, they let them play which was nice. Seahawks lost this game in the first half.

mikeak

Reaction score
I like it in general except

Dallas front was known as tough to run on and

They're intermidiary is not very good.

But still let's stick to gameplan two quarters. Not four

mistaowen

Reaction score
He called run run pass 8 too many god damn times

knownone

Reaction score
I honestly don't mind that they stuck with the run. The problem was not adapting to what was happening in the game. Dallas was starting to get momentum on offense, our defense was getting tired, and we still kept trying to run the ball into a brick wall.

When you don't let your best player take over when there is still time left in the game things like penalties and small mistakes become magnified. We didn't play to win the game. We played thinking Dallas couldn't win the game and they did.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
They had to go out and try to establish the run and they did, they just never let up. If they went to the pass a little more Dallas would've had no choice but to stop selling out on the run and we could go back to it but the unwillingness to change just killed momentum and the defense isn't good enough to shut teams out, the d played solid enough that it could've been a win if they had any offensive help at all.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
First half ended 10-6.

I'd look to 6 min left in the game. Wtf happened?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We are built to run the ball. That's how we got into the tournament. There is no such thing as a brick wall. If you execute your blocks, you will run. We didn't and therefore couldn't.

Next year's plan is to develop a good intermediate passing game so there is such a things as plan B.

knownone

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3rbs9rdt said:
We are built to run the ball. That's how we got into the tournament. There is no such thing as a brick wall. If you execute your blocks, you will run. We didn't and therefore couldn't.

Next year's plan is to develop a good intermediate passing game so there is such a things as plan B.
They were averaging under 2 yards per carry. Call it whatever you want but not adapting is silly.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The stats are coming out now, and we were remarkably inefficient running the ball, and yet we continued to do it expecting some other outcome. Definition of insanity. We handicapped ourselves in a huge way today sticking with the run first mentality. coaches were pathetic.