It hurts..but let’s be positive

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Great chance to win that game BUT we arent built to win it all this year.

Let’s be honest there are so many things we need to change:

a legit starting CB, one more pass rusher, a better RT, new special teams CO, another WR...and maybe more reliance on Russ playcalling.

We were 10-6 this year..10-6..no one had us for anything more that 8-8. I’m proud of the season. We had a lot of rookies, back ups starting etc.

I’m positive and I want you to be too. Back the team..the team needs YOU!

tersal

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":386nsuap said:
Great chance to win that game BUT we arent built to win it all this year.

Let’s be honest there are so many things we need to change:

a legit starting CB, one more pass rusher, a better RT, new special teams CO, another WR...and maybe more reliance on Russ playcalling.

We were 10-6 this year..10-6..no one had us for anything more that 8-8. I’m proud of the season. We had a lot of rookies, back ups starting etc.

I’m positive and I want you to be too. Back the team..the team needs YOU!

Well said.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Most of the 8-8 and 7-9 predictions had anticipated the Packers and Vikings to be considerably better than they turned out to be and a SF team with Garoppolo. If we knew AZ was 2 free wins and SF should be 2 wins and McCarthy gets fired, I am sure there would have been many 10-6 predictions.

Regardless, we did perform better than most expected and there is much to be excited about. But seeing the conservative 3 and out offense that takes off the entire first half reappear tonight was a bit deflating on the overall positives that were built before this game.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
NJlargent":3js1ga7z said:
Most of the 8-8 and 7-9 predictions had anticipated the Packers and Vikings to be considerably better than they turned out to be and a SF team with Garoppolo. If we knew AZ was 2 free wins and SF should be 2 wins and McCarthy gets fired, I am sure there would have been many 10-6 predictions. .

The 49ers were 1-2 with Garoppollo so maybe he wasn't the savior he thought he was going to be.

Arizona is never 2 free wins, even our best team ever (2013) split the season series with them.

The Seahawks played the Packers before McCarthy got fired.

I don't think you can discount the season because some teams fell off. That happens every year.

We lost a game we had no business losing (San Francisco) but we also beat a really good Chiefs team that won 12 games.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Would have been estatic if our coaching staff had the game smarts to plan and call a better offense gameplan today and we win the game, even if Seattle got obliterated next week.

Just making the playoffs seems hollow after watching that shit game.
The coaching staff on both sides of the ball really handicapped their team in today’s game.

Our #1 CB while playing hurt looked like pure crap today, no ball awareness, missing tackles etc etc etc.

It’s hard to be positive with so much self inflicted damage on display.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is as good as you can expect.

#1 rush offense

decent defense

30+ pts a game

10 wins

=

craptacular flameout in wildcard game

We aren't going to be better when we have to pay our QB 30M a year, we are going to have more holes, an older and yet more stubborn HC, and consistently conservative offense in the playoffs that fails regularly. And everyone will blame the average defense because we won't be able to keep our best defensive players in that we will have to pay our 'elite' QB.

This year WAS the high point. Next year they will be worse.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3j8jg9gs said:

#1 rush offense

decent defense

30+ pts a game

10 wins

=

We aren't going to be better when we have to pay our QB 30M a year, we are going to have more holes, an older and yet more stubborn HC, and consistently conservative offense in the playoffs that fails regularly. And everyone will blame the average defense because we won't be able to keep our best defensive players in that we will have to pay our 'elite' QB.

Our QB is ONLY the 11th highest paid QB in the NFL. The Saints and Colts are paying their QB a lot more than ours and are still successful.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We haven't had to pay Wilson yet.

We will have to and the team is going to look a lot like the Packers then but Pete will stupidly still be trying to run the ball for 3 quarters while leaving his QB in 3rd and longs.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":15pyb9y9 said:

#1 rush offense

decent defense

30+ pts a game

10 wins

=

well, that was short lived. Sorry, don't agree with the cap going up, if they resign him we should be fine. trying to blame a problem that doe snot even exist yet on the QB is just wrong. Why not wait until it happens and see what the result is. That said if this is the style of offense they will play where they make the QB almost irrelevant we should not pay Wilson. OF course, that will also mean a lot of 6-10 or worse. Before anyone says anything let me remind you, Wilson, is one of my favorite Hawks, but it is a waste of his talent and our money to pay him to basically make him an afterthought.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
With a good OC, he is well worth the money.

He is a great QB.

With the current OC, we are screwed. 30M is going to wear this team thin in other positions and our pathetic plodding offense is going to be enervated by lack of talent in other positions. The secondary is already pretty average if not worse.

But I don't know if there is a winning play to be made with these current pieces. Either you go all in on Wilson and commit to scoring 35+ a game or you live in 6-8 win or worse land for the rest of Wilson's career here. Maybe you can replicate what the Saints did , but that took years and the Saints haven't even won anything yet.

Either way, Schotty + Wilson = really bad fit.

Finally, they have to sign guys like Frank Clark. I think they sign him but we lose a lot of our middle-level talent. So Clark ends up being the lone ranger on our thin and barely effective pass rush. Not a recipe for success with our plodding ineffective in the playoffs offense since we will need to score more than our defense gives up.