Pete is delusional

Fade

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":11kfvmg7 said:
Just saw press conference...

Wow.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it. What did he say?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":2j0chvmp said:
Just saw press conference...

Wow.

It's a pretty spot on assessment. Pete is always circumspect and understands the other team can play well. And he'll never throw someone under the bus. I think many posters here are the more irrational delusional types that see everything as if the Seahawks are playing against air.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Of some just don’t like to hear coaches make excuses maybe?
The coaching staff as a whole failed their team today, whether they want to admit it or not.

I cannot stand Billycheat of the Cheatriots, BUT the one thing I respect about him..... is he always says when they lose is “we could have coached better”, he takes responsibility for his and his staff’s mistakes. I would like to see a little more of that here.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
What did you guys expect? Pete is an optimist, he's never going to throw anyone under the bus.

For me I would like to see a new special teams coach. He got rid of Richard, Cable and Bevell after last year. I'd like to see him continue to upgrade his staff.

Shotty and Norton would probably get a B- for me in their first year. They coached up some young guys but we need to be better in 2019

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is old.

He is stubborn and generally does not change.

This year was weird because he seemed to be able to change. We were scoring 30 points a game. He was getting rid of that stupid moonshot or nothing offense.

But I should have known, he was old and he was going to do what he believes works in spite of all the evidence on the field. He doesn't change. He doesn't adjust. He is a defensive mind so he likes to enforce his will on the other side. Adjusting seems weak.

But the reality is his defense is no longer that great. He continues to coach the game like it is. He has a great offense and he kept it in the stable until late in the 4th when it was too late.

He is the best coach we ever had but his best days are behind him. Don't expect anything beyond the regular season with him anymore because he doesn't have the horses on D, but he thinks he does, and he won't use his horses on O.

He is going to cling to his old outdated brand of football, it is going to get us regular season wins, and then he isn't going to have the defense in the playoffs to do anything of note.

We won't be .500 or worse, but we won't win games in the playoffs either.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":93ekhdya said:
Of some just don’t like to hear coaches make excuses maybe?
The coaching staff as a whole failed their team today, whether they want to admit it or not.

I cannot stand Billycheat of the Cheatriots, BUT the one thing I respect about him..... is he always says when they lose is “we could have coached better”, he takes responsibility for his and his staff’s mistakes. I would like to see a little more of that here.

While i agree, firing his offensive and defensive coordinator in the off season should be evidence that he does hold those guys accountable.

John63

Reaction score
THis but we still stick to the run till it is too late

You should have known entering this game Dallas was #5 vs the run & #16 vs the pass YTD.

John63

Reaction score
So listening to Pete. He gave props to Shotty for adjusting on the last TD drive. LOL ahh were was it after the first Qtr? OPs just admitted they should have thrown more what a concept against the #5 rush defense. He is delusional. He needs to get a young, innovative OC to come in here and take control and create an offense built for Wilson that can also run. Rams are top 5 in running and passing, NE is also, It can be done.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Firing his offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator in the offseason was what? Evidence he holds them accountable?

More accurately, that he makes stupid decisions and then compounds them with even stupider ones.

Keeping Bevell as long as he did was moronic. Firing him was absolutely reasonable, if not years late. But firing Kris Richard was idiotic. There was little justification for it, especially given how the DC was saving his QB's tail when the QB did nothing for 3 quarters and the defense repeatedly had to bail him out.

Then half his guys go down and the defense stumbles, given what he had to work with was firing Kris reasonable? Nope.

It was another example of our HC making moves where he was clearly over his head.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":pfxks0ji said:
Pete is old.

He is stubborn and generally does not change.

This year was weird because he seemed to be able to change. We were scoring 30 points a game. He was getting rid of that stupid moonshot or nothing offense.

But I should have known, he was old and he was going to do what he believes works in spite of all the evidence on the field. He doesn't change. He doesn't adjust. He is a defensive mind so he likes to enforce his will on the other side. Adjusting seems weak.

But the reality is his defense is no longer that great. He continues to coach the game like it is. He has a great offense and he kept it in the stable until late in the 4th when it was too late.

He is the best coach we ever had but his best days are behind him. Don't expect anything beyond the regular season with him anymore because he doesn't have the horses on D, but he thinks he does, and he won't use his horses on O.

He is going to cling to his old outdated brand of football, it is going to get us regular season wins, and then he isn't going to have the defense in the playoffs to do anything of note.

We won't be .500 or worse, but we won't win games in the playoffs either.

The frustrating thing is, he HAS adjusted before. The Panthers game was a good example. Road game against a defense that NEVER loses at home. They sold out to stop the run. They paid for it on play action.

Where was that today, Pete?

Ozzy

Reaction score
He said he wishes they had more rushing attempts and then when asked if he should of passed more he said yeah easy to say that now. The whole planet was wondering why you weren’t taking advantage of Wilson more often when it was working. Warren sharp had a long thread on Twitter that everyone needs to go read. Called it the worst play calling he’s ever seen in the playoffs. Fascinating read.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We hired one of the worst OCs in the league.

Everyone laughed at us.

Then we had a great offense during the regular season.

People stopped laughing.

Then one of the worst OCs in the league showed everyone WHY he was one of the worst OCs in the league.

Now they are laughing again. Because it is funny, given that Wilson is supposed to be better than Dak but we called the game like it was the opposite.

We kept trying to make sure our 7th round RB was the star of the game even though he was barely getting 3 yards on his good carries.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":24roz8su said:
We kept trying to make sure our 7th round RB was the star of the game even though he was barely getting 3 yards on his good carries.

Nailed it. He ended with 1.5ypc, clearly didn’t have what it took to beat that defense. He clearly didn’t have it the first time around. Then when Penny breaks one you act like it didn’t happen. Bad all the way around.

Reaction score
You guys are killing me. So before this game everyone is pissed Pete is not considered coach of the year. Now he is old and philosophy which outperformed expectations for this season doesn't work anymore? I would argue that Pete proved his point again...
Ezekiel Elliott 26 137 1 5.3
Chris Carson 13 20 0 1.5
The problem is Dallas executed Petes philosophy perfectly due to being at home, more physical, and not quite as young. They ran it down our throats and we couldn't stop it.

Fade

Reaction score
austinslater25":evo3708i said:
He said he wishes they had more rushing attempts and then when asked if he should of passed more he said yeah easy to say that now. The whole planet was wondering why you weren’t taking advantage of Wilson more often when it was working. Warren sharp had a long thread on Twitter that everyone needs to go read. Called it the worst play calling he’s ever seen in the playoffs. Fascinating read.

Thx for the heads up, I will check this out.

misfit

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":ntjgc2r7 said:
You guys are killing me. So before this game everyone is pissed Pete is not considered coach of the year. Now he is old and philosophy which outperformed expectations for this season doesn't work anymore? I would argue that Pete proved his point again...
Chris Carson 13 20 0 1.5
The problem is Dallas executed Petes philosophy perfectly due to being at home, more physical, and not quite as young. They ran it down our throats and we couldn't stop it.
Dallas is good against the run, we are not.

Why is this so hard to understand. We are just asking for a coaching staff that makes adjustments on the fly when needed. Pete used to be a GOAT at halftime adjustments. They should of went away from the run game at the half.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
misfit":2ycyi1hl said:
coorslighthawk":2ycyi1hl said:
Chris Carson 13 20 0 1.5

Why is this so hard to understand. We are just asking for a coaching staff that makes adjustments on the fly when needed. Pete used to be a GOAT at halftime adjustments. They should of went away from the run game at the half.

Pete had some great 2nd half adjustments this year too. Its frustrating that the balancecwasnt there at times.

But PC made changes. Now people emboldened by the loss are back on here hurling insults at him.

John63

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3nnlnm32 said:
misfit":3nnlnm32 said:
coorslighthawk":3nnlnm32 said:
Chris Carson 13 20 0 1.5

Pete had some great 2nd half adjustments this year too. Its frustrating that the balancecwasnt there at times.

But PC made changes. Now people emboldened by the loss are back on here hurling insults at him.

True PC has made the adjustment at halftime that have been great but he did not in this game and it cost us, it is fair to call him out on it.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1081769405002874882[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1081750722381864960[/tweet]

The Seahawks coaches are getting clowned universally on the internet, and rightfully so.