The D Ran Out Of Gas In The 2nd Half

chet380

Reaction score
Kudos to the Hawks for a never-expected 10-6 record and for playing Dallas rough and tough in the first half, but our lack of pass-rusher depth put too much pressure on Clark and Reed to fully perform in the second half -- a great effort, but regrettably just a little short.

bighawk

Reaction score
I agree this is not the 2013 defense so u cant play this type of gameplan unless u have the bears defense but i am proud of them. We need another burner receiver to go with Lockett and a big DT to put beside Reed. An offense that will give our defense some rest and unleash Russ more.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3m2wn0g5 said:
The problem was the offense, not the defense.

The problem was the game plan, and the lack of adjustments and continuing to run when it was not working

Smellyman

Reaction score
so many 3 and outs.

But keep trying it, you never know.

minormillikin

Reaction score
This game was close enough that a better performance by either offense or defense could have probably been the difference.

That said... (Prepare for Seahawks-fan cliche) If the offense could stay on the field, the defense wouldn't get so tired out.

niveky

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1wr1rgq3 said:

sooooo...the two back to back pass interference after wright's int had NOTHING to do with it. I also understand they were in a bad spot and it was the end of the game but all of that space on that loooooooooooooooooooooooooong first down Dak ran on his own..and I think it was a 3rd down too..

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2tepkcyh said:

I think the 3rd and 15 scramble by Dak was unforgiveable. Bobby missed him -- we had to hold them to a FG there. Dallas is up 6 and we give Russ one more chance to win it.

Giving up the TD there cost us big time.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You don't win playoff games when you score less than 20 in a game. Not with a middle of the road defense.

Yes that one scramble sucked. So did the long run by Elliott when apparently everyone knew he would get the ball but the Seahawks. Then again, their defense made mistakes too.

The biggest mistake was thinking that 6 points at the half was OK or running the ball when up by 4 points even made sense (14 to 10 at the time). Our defense was average. They were going to score again. We had to score as well. We acted like we didn't need to worry about it.

You cannot score 20 points in an NFL game and expect to win. I don't count our garbage time TD against the prevent D. You know full well that we did not produce when we needed to and that was on the offense not the defense.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1a0bq1d1 said:
You don't win playoff games when you score less than 20 in a game. Not with a middle of the road defense.

Yes that one scramble sucked. So did the long run by Elliott when apparently everyone knew he would get the ball but the Seahawks. Then again, their defense made mistakes too.

The biggest mistake was thinking that 6 points at the half was OK or running the ball when up by 4 points even made sense (14 to 10 at the time). Our defense was average. They were going to score again. We had to score as well. We acted like we didn't need to worry about it.

You cannot score 20 points in an NFL game and expect to win. I don't count our garbage time TD against the prevent D. You know full well that we did not produce when we needed to and that was on the offense not the defense.

I agree it was more on the offense or rather the offensive game plan example below

1st down play calls on your first 4 drives of the 2nd half:

6 RB-runs: 3.9 YPC, 14% success rate
1 pass: 9 yards, 100% success rate

we waited till deep into the 4th qtr to open it up, should have started much sooner like 2nd qtr after 3 straight run, run, long pass son 3rd and out. Every scoring drive started with a pass. Also all the ones that ended in a FG ended just before with run, run, 3rd and long