I kept Waiting For The In Offensive Game Adjustments,

scutterhawk

Reaction score
They never came :shock:
Perhaps the quick mental adjustments in the playoffs are just too much for Schottenheimer to grasp.

Smellyman

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1081777683246338048[/tweet]

strohmin

Reaction score
Almost every game we won, we had well over 100 yards rushing and our explosive plays were all play action. Without a strong run game, Russell cannot win a game of this caliber.

Smellyman

Reaction score
strohmin":16ds5d9o said:
Almost every game we won, we had well over 100 yards rushing and our explosive plays were all play action. Without a strong run game, Russell cannot win a game of this caliber.

False, they never game RW the chance today.

and he has done it countless times in his career.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
strohmin":kl2yezp4 said:

Nonsense -- he didn't have a run game in 2016 or 2017 and we beat the Patriots in New England, Eagles on their way to the Super Bowl and won a playoff game against the Lions.

The lack of a running game didn't' hinder Russell today, it was the lack of opportunity

Seahawker

Reaction score
Carson rushed for 20 yards and we punted 7 times, our HC & OC failed to adapt... miserably.
Credit given to the Cowboys play, But Schottenheimer's play calling gift wrapped the win for Jerry's boys.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawkfish":87rfwlb1 said:
2 - 13 on third down.

Run for a 1 yard gain, run for a 2 yard loss, 3rd and 11, so often. Wonder what the average length was?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is the best player on the team.

You would not know it by reviewing the film of this game. Since they did not go all in with Wilson, they did not try to win with their best horse. They ran Mike freaking Davis for god knows what reason.

I think Wilson would have won this if they made him the focal point of our offense and allowed him to be the guy starting in the mid 2nd quarter when it was clear:

1 - The run game would not work

2 - We would not score enough with the run game anyway.

As a side note, I am tired of this team doing stupid things after the whistle that hurt it in big games.

That is one legacy of Carroll I will not miss when he finally ends up leaving here. His teams doing classless junk after the whistle CONSTANTLY and it kills drives or it gives the opposing team new sets of downs that lead to scores.

I am tired of it. It is pathetic and embarrassing as a fan. And it is clearly Carroll's fault because no other team seems to do this more than we do. We look like p*ssies that have to hit after the whistle because we cannot win within the rules.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawker76":1iy7pc37 said:
Carson rushed for 20 yards and we punted 7 times, our HC & OC failed to adapt... miserably.
Credit given to the Cowboys play, But Schottenheimer's play calling gift wrapped the win for Jerry's boys.
Yep. I’ve been a Schotty defender, no excuse for that crap gameplan and playcalling today!

It’s. Called. Adjustments! MAKE THEM BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
strohmin":8m58sn9g said:
:177692: 2017 Wilson had no running game and we won 9 games, try again.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":30ewype3 said:
strohmin":30ewype3 said:

Or 2016, 25th in rushing yet we went 10-5-1 and won a playoff game.

A running game makes Russell better but he is not worthless without one.

Smellyman

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":14q3dbsy said:
SkyHawks16":14q3dbsy said:
strohmin":14q3dbsy said:

Or 2016, 25th in rushing yet we went 10-5-1 and won a playoff game.

A running game makes Russell better but he is not worthless without one.

Like every QB on the planet.

davidonmi

Reaction score
strohmin":1krx4j3y said:
This is funny.

Did you watch the Panthers game this year?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't know if you can use 2016 playoff game as an example that Wilson really is good in the playoffs.

Beating the Lions in the playoffs shouldn't really count....have they won a playoff game in the past decade?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
strohmin":2ol74qal said:

Some of you truly love your false narratives. Facts be damned, it’s sickening

John63

Reaction score
strohmin":1n4v3h7g said:

really we beat Carolina, GB, this year without 100 yard RBs
2017 we were 9-7 without ever having a 100 yard RB
2016 we won 8 of our game with no 100 yard back
2015 we won 6 games with no 100 yard back and a playoff game
2014 we won 12 games with no 100 yard back although Wilson had 2 games with 100 yards and 1 playoff game
the year we won the SB we won 9 games with no 100 yard back to include the SB

So that is not true, not to mention some of those100 yard games did not happen till the 4th qtr as we were running the game out, so not true at all.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
I think Schotty is a very limited coach.
Unfortunately, they're not going to fire him. At least, they Should fire Brian Schneider, but who knows ...

chris98251

Reaction score
Joyodongo":9l5kjapz said:
Unfortunately, they're not going to fire him. At least, they Should fire Brian Schneider, but who knows ...

I don't thnk it's limited as much as too structured, after all his dad Marty was a pretty disciplinarian coach and he may not push back much at Pete.

John63

Reaction score
Joyodongo":15hwqhz7 said:

I think it is PC, this is the way he wants to play he has said it.

Latest posts