Paul Moyer's analysis 'The offense got manhandled tonight'

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The Offense got manhandled tonight . My thoughts exactly we lost at the LOS . Yes the playcalling could and should have been more dynamic for those of you that are making that point I agree that was a factor to.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":yzpuhld1 said:
The Offense got manhandled tonight . My thoughts exactly we lost at the LOS . Yes the playcalling could and should have been more dynamic for those of you that are making that point I agree that was a factor to.

This was one of the rare games our pass protection was better than our run blocking.

As a play caller Shotty should have conceded we weren't going to be able to run on Dallas

minormillikin

Reaction score
I hate giving credit to other teams, especially "America's Team," but they did a great job committing to stopping the run.

Usually, we eventually start making big runs as the game goes on, once the other team gets wary of play-action. Dallas kept their shit together. Seahawks did not adjust soon enough.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":31ig3j8c said:
Northwest Seahawk":31ig3j8c said:

This was one of the rare games our pass protection was better than our run blocking.

As a play caller Shotty should have conceded we weren't going to be able to run on Dallas

I agree they stayed with the run to long but it's what got them there . It's very possible Wilson gets sacked like he did against Arizona and Dallas is a much better team . I'm not sure throwing more would have mattered.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":37a2ths7 said:
WestcoastSteve":37a2ths7 said:
Northwest Seahawk":37a2ths7 said:

I agree they stayed with the run to long but it's what got them there . It's very possible Wilson gets sacked like he did against Arizona and Dallas is a much better team . I'm not sure throwing more would have mattered.

The one drive we didn't run, we had the big pass to Dickson for 26 and then a deep pass to Lockett for 40.

Arizona has better pass rushers then Dallas, and runs a 3-4 where you don't know where the additional pressure is coming from. Add in we were playing two backups and there were a lot of missed assignments

I don't think we had much trouble blocking Dallas.

mikeak

Reaction score
We needed the pass to setup the run today. First play should have been play action.

Abykeb watching Dallas play this year should have known this

So frustrating

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1z6i8s2t said:
That’s the problem with former players and former coaches which he is both.
They don’t like to be critical of other coaches, it’s always execution. If that was really the case no coach would ever get fired.

The gameplan and playcalling flat out sucked today. There is no way to spin it or sugarcoat it.

Coaches, especially football coaches are some of the most stubborn people I’ve ever known.
Most don’t like to be questioned and most wont admit when they were wrong.

Doesn’t make them bad people, as some of the best people I know are coaches or former coaches, just makes them stubborn.

John63

Reaction score
mikeak":2mubpgia said:
We needed the pass to setup the run today. First play should have been play action.

So frustrating

FYI we scored on every series but 1 where we threw first. This was a day that when we came out at half the pass should have set up the run, but they were too hard headed until it was too late

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
John63":dey3v3mz said:
mikeak":dey3v3mz said:

So frustrating

FYI we scored on every series but 1 where we threw first. This was a day that when we came out at half the pass should have set up the run, but they were too hard headed until it was too late

Yup, the series where they hit Dickson for 26 on first down playaction, then 40 to Lockett the very next play.

John63

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":4lfxzk2n said:
John63":4lfxzk2n said:
mikeak":4lfxzk2n said:

So frustrating

Yup, the series where they hit Dickson for 26 on first down playaction, then 40 to Lockett the very next play.

SHould have kept it up, but guess what happened right after the Lockett play, run, run, 3rd and long FG. They needed to keep with the pass and sprinkle in the run, not the other way around for this game

justafan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":q017lo0o said:
Northwest Seahawk":q017lo0o said:
They don’t like to be critical of other coaches, it’s always execution. If that was really the case no coach would ever get fired.

The gameplan and playcalling flat out sucked today. There is no way to spin it or sugarcoat it.

Coaches, especially football coaches are some of the most stubborn people I’ve ever known.

Doesn’t make them bad people, as some of the best people I know are coaches or former coaches, just makes them stubborn.

Or many people are actually clueless and dont pay attention why a play fails.Its always the playcall. Its the low hanging fruit for all teams critics. Every team that loses blames the OC.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
justafan":idswh08u said:
Sports Hernia":idswh08u said:
Northwest Seahawk":idswh08u said:

Or many people are actually clueless and dont pay attention why a play fails.Its always the playcall. Its the low hanging fruit for all teams critics. Every team that loses blames the OC.
Spoken like a true coach.

You are wrong as can be.

Cluelessness is the one that blames everything on execution for bad play calls. It’s ALWAYS the players fault 100% of the time in some people’s world.

Some need to learn to use their eyes and common sense, and get out of “they are the coaches so they are 100% right everytime” mentality. Some are having trouble seeing the forest thru the trees.

If you dared to pay attention I have been one of Schotty’s biggest supporters here, as IMHO he is lightyears better than the previous guy. He crapped the bed yesterday, it’s sad that some cannot see the truth of that, instead have an agenda to protect the reputation of the coaching staff at all costs, facts be damned.

Football is not the rocket science that some make it out or want it to be.

justafan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1infqlsr said:
Northwest Seahawk":1infqlsr said:

Thats from a player who knows that plays fail because a player holds,misses a block,misses a gap assignment,blown coverage or god forbid Wilson misses an open target. We did get manhandled in the trenches, its pretty simple.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Man I didn't see any of you on this forum saying we should walk into this game with a gameplan completely opposite of what we've done well all year. Now that we've lost, you all pounce.

We went 0-2 at the beginning of the season with a gameplan you all think we should have brought yesterday. Why on earth would you expect Pete and Schotty to say, "Hey, you know we should abandon the run for this game and start slinging the ball around like in that Chicago game."

And I know the response will be, "But we should have started throwing in the second half when its clear the run wasn't going to work.' But is that really true? I recall plenty of games where the run didn't work in the first half but did in the second half. It's also a fact that you only have a limited amount of the playbook available coming into the game and you can't start hoping to execute passing plays you didn't really work on in practice.

Fact is, we thought we'd be able to run better and we were wrong. Whether that's a coaches fault or players fault I can't say. Don't really care as what's done is done. But I don't balme anyone for trying to stick with our identity in what was a very close game until the end. Sure if we were down two scores, I'd have been incensed with the RRP gameplan. But we weren't until the end.

And really it wasn't gameplan that got us in trouble at the end. It was a holding call and roughing call followed by two crucial DPI's on 3rd down. Those 4 penalties don't happen and I imagine we are singing a different tune today. And those things are on the players (unless you want to blame the refs).