Hats off to Sweezy

chris98251

Reaction score
Sweezy was playing with a broken foot against a stacked box that was run blitzing us all night, he could not have been even close to 100 percent. That was part of our issues as well as not adjusting to make them pay on quick slants and YAC plays. Not something we have incorporated in our offense. I think going forward they will have to and I think Schotty will adjust the offense which was 70 percent last years to off set this type of game plan in the future. You know that other teams will copy this going forward if they have personal that can try to do the same thing.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Holy Shit! But a lot of people here are wanting this guy gone now. I hope they re-sign Sweezy. He needs to remain a Seahawk.

James in PA

Reaction score
It ain’t easy being Sweezy. We need to bring this dude back for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So we called a run game, depending on a guy who was injured, instead of just allowing our all-everything QB to show why some think he might be elite?

This news pisses me off more.

We literally tried to run the ball down the throat of a top run defense while having injured players? Not just injured but severely injured? Instead of just coming up with another game plan?

Schotty needs to drown in vat of 3 week old festering goat urine. Seriously.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Epic for his effort but I cant help but wonder if we were better off with a healthy Pocic (kidding but you get what I mean, need to improve our depth for next year)

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
You know what's ironic, when we made our first push and lost to Atlanta we had TE Zach Miller play with a severely injured foot as well. Set the tone for toughness for everyone that game and going forward, and Pete out smarted himself that game as well. Remember the freezing of the Kicker and him missing his first attempt.

Smellyman

Reaction score
BubbaGump":1n65qngd said:
Holy Shit! But a lot of people here are wanting this guy gone now. I hope they re-sign Sweezy. He needs to remain a Seahawk.

Who?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Yea thats a sign of a tough team first player. Broken foot and sprained ankle.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Smellyman":cpi9fkjt said:
BubbaGump":cpi9fkjt said:

Who?
I had read in some different threads were posters were calling this line horrible and saying to get rid of Sweezy and Fluker. This was my attempt at how ridiculous the notion of getting rid of them is.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
BubbaGump":3nhvwo0f said:
Smellyman":3nhvwo0f said:
BubbaGump":3nhvwo0f said:

Who?
I had read in some different threads were posters were calling this line horrible and saying to get rid of Sweezy and Flucker. This was my attempt at how ridiculous the notion of getting rid of them is.

All this line needs is continuity and more depth

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I actually think our depth is pretty good. Simmons, Fant and Jamarco Jones show promise. Pocic gets one more year to prove he can develop or possibly get relegated to backup center. Keep Fluker and Sweezy. That's a pretty good stable. Just never can count on health unfortunately.

But an OL group of Brown, Sweezy, Britt, Fluker, Ifedi, Fant, Jones, Simmons, Pocic isn't too bad. It would be the best group in over a decade.

John63

Reaction score
Sweezy was a warrior out there playing hurt.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1082059944696807425[/tweet]

True grit ...... gridiron tough ........ I hope he gets his wish.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2we34cvy said:
I actually think our depth is pretty good. Simmons, Fant and Jamarco Jones show promise. Pocic gets one more year to prove he can develop or possibly get relegated to backup center. Keep Fluker and Sweezy. That's a pretty good stable. Just never can count on health unfortunately.

But an OL group of Brown, Sweezy, Britt, Fluker, Ifedi, Fant, Jones, Simmons, Pocic isn't too bad. It would be the best group in over a decade.

Jones has never played a meaningful down and is coming off an injury so I am not sure thats promis.

Fant is a good TE but has struggled as a tackle.

Simmons is another guy who is always hurt and has really bad knees.

Need more depth

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1in58jrn said:
So we called a run game, depending on a guy who was injured, instead of just allowing our all-everything QB to show why some think he might be elite?

We literally tried to run the ball down the throat of a top run defense while having injured players? Not just injured but severely injured? Instead of just coming up with another game plan?

I said this to my buddy - why would we put injured players on the field when we had success with others previously - mind bending.

Jville

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":e5uvtzva said:
TwistedHusky":e5uvtzva said:

I said this to my buddy - why would we put injured players on the field when we had success with others previously - mind bending.

If negative takes is all one ever looks for, then a dark cloud will follow wherever one goes. Pete sets such fun loving alternative for living in the sun shine. A much preferred direction for enjoying life to the max.

Sweezy said the 2018 team was the best team he has ever been on. The most fun he has had in his NFL carrer was with the Seahawks in 2018.

TreeRon

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":uqv0sowt said:
Mad Dog":uqv0sowt said:

Jones has never played a meaningful down and is coming off an injury so I am not sure thats promis.

Fant is a good TE but has struggled as a tackle.

Simmons is another guy who is always hurt and has really bad knees.

Need more depth

We need more and BETTER depth. In fact perhaps Sweezy and Flucker should be the depth. If we're serious about dominating EVERYONE withe the run we need an elite O-Line.

TreeRon

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":367sy1lo said:
TwistedHusky":367sy1lo said:

And who are the "others" that we had been successful with ? Our starting O line is average and the backups are much less so and often unavailable.

bighawk

Reaction score
I would like to see Sweezy put on some weight to anchor better against opponents but i love his athleticism is outstanding. I didn't know that he wasthat injured. To all our o-line hit that weight room.

mrt144

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1dlvqlxg said:

Haha same. Like, cool effort by Sweezy but man...this makes it worse for the coaches.