What a fantastic season

HansGruber

Reaction score
This team was so entertaining this season. For a rebuild, it exceeded anything I could have expected 5 months ago. Every game was fun to watch (mostly), and the Seahawks have shown that even in the first year of a total rehaul, Seahawks fans will enjoy the ride.

I'm really excited to see what happens next year. I'll excited about the running game, the OL, our young receivers, the depth on our DL, and so much more. Imagine what our cap space and another draft will bring! This team is going to be fierce next season.

Thanks, Pete. Thanks for making it fun. Time to re-up on the season tickets.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
HansGruber":23w3roph said:
This team was so entertaining this season. For a rebuild, it exceeded anything I could have expected 5 months ago. Every game was fun to watch (mostly), and the Seahawks have shown that even in the first year of a total rehaul, Seahawks fans will enjoy the ride.

I'm really excited to see what happens next year. I'll excited about the running game, the OL, our young receivers, the depth on our DL, and so much more. Imagine what our cap space and another draft will bring! This team is going to be fierce next season.

Thanks, Pete. Thanks for making it fun. Time to re-up on the season tickets.

For the first time since our super bowl loss, we are trending upwards at the end of the year.

justafan

Reaction score
It was.I enjoyed seeing this team turn it around and the future players take their spot as new leaders.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Sure I wanted to win at least one playoff game, but I'm already over it.

It was a fun season and this team exceeded my expectations. Now it's time to focus on shoring up key positions and going into next year even stronger.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Agree. Last year was so awful to watch and this year the team found an identity and ran with it to the bitter end, but every game was close, hard fought and no give up.

The low point was that home loss to the Rams last year where we got destroyed. It's been generally trending up since then.

kwchawk

Reaction score
Finally some positivity. I’m sure Pete is going to call all the complainers to get some advice for next year

kwchawk

Reaction score
Finally some positivity. I’m sure Pete is going to call all the complainers to get some advice for next year

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3p28sd2z said:
Agree. Last year was so awful to watch and this year the team found an identity and ran with it to the bitter end, but every game was close, hard fought and no give up.

The low point was that home loss to the Rams last year where we got destroyed. It's been generally trending up since then.

Couldn't say it better myself. That game was painful. I was positive Carroll would be fired by the following off-season. You just can't play like that when you have a once in a generation talent at QB.

To see the team lose so many pro bowl players, all the coaching staff, and end up 10-6? That was epic. And they're gonna be better next season. Dallas will be typical mediocre garbage and we'll be battling the Rams for NFC dominance.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Isn't this a little too soon? I'm sure I will get there but I am pretty pissed at the way this playoff game was coached and IMO with good cause. You never know when the well will run dry and every opportunity should be taken full advantage of.

Marino went to the SB his second year and never went again then he retired 15 yrs later.

2019SBChamps

Reaction score
Guess my username is going to waste, but it was definitely incredibly hopeful with how many core members from the SB winning team that we've lose over the years. Good run and it's looking upwards from here!

HeheParty

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
We ended up with a similar record, but this team was much more enjoyable to watch than last seasons team.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1h2xtmke said:
Isn't this a little too soon? I'm sure I will get there but I am pretty pissed at the way this playoff game was coached and IMO with good cause. You never know when the well will run dry and every opportunity should be taken full advantage of.

Marino went to the SB his second year and never went again then he retired 15 yrs later.

If you're comparing the 1980's Marino/Dolphins to the 2010's Wilson/Seahawks, all I can say is perhaps engage in less false equivalence? Those two teams are SO different, I don't even know how a logical comparison could be made. The only thing they have in common is having a franchise quarterback, but the NFL itself has changed so much, they don't even play the same game. And Wilson has been to 2 Superbowls and won 1, so uh... already a failed logic here.

It's ok to be pissed about the playoff loss. I'm bummed about it, but not angry. It was a fun game to watch. The Seahawks were competitive. But I get that it stings. That's okay.

Seymour

Reaction score
Good season yes.

Fantastic season we are still playing IMO.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
HansGruber":lo4nupfu said:
Mad Dog":lo4nupfu said:

Couldn't say it better myself. That game was painful. I was positive Carroll would be fired by the following off-season. You just can't play like that when you have a once in a generation talent at QB.

To see the team lose so many pro bowl players, all the coaching staff, and end up 10-6? That was epic. And they're gonna be better next season. Dallas will be typical mediocre garbage and we'll be battling the Rams for NFC dominance.

Thank you for a post that makes sense! I have been saying the same thing. NOBODY expected us to be a playoff team, and few saw 8-8. It was exciting to watch, feels like 2012, and we have lots to build on in 2019!

justafan

Reaction score
This has been the most enjoyable season since we won the SB for me.I love the smash mouth style of football win or lose.

Maybe Petes best coaching job IMO. Cant wait for the draft.

mrt144

Reaction score
Even thought I'm salty a bit today, this was a much better season in terms of entertainment than at least 2016 and 2017. The only thing that bugs me is that some aspects of this team that are deficient feel like its in the DNA at this point. Pray to Nuffle we don't try and rehab another kicker.