Dallas D

hawks85

Reaction score
You all can thank Kris Richard. That guy was itching and I mean itching to stick to Seattle after he got canned last year. I could see it one the sidelines. We can all complain about the run not getting going the 3-12 on 3rd downs blah blah blah. Bottom line Richard out coached this team and shut down the run and made us one dimensional...end of story.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
hawks85":2sx5awo8 said:
You all can thank Kris Richard. That guy was itching and I mean itching to stick to Seattle after he got canned last year. I could see it one the sidelines. We can all complain about the run not getting going the 3-12 on 3rd downs blah blah blah. Bottom line Richard out coached this team and shut down the run and made us one dimensional...end of story.

I love how you say "end of story" as if it makes your point true (its not)

You do realize Richard is not the DC right? He is the secondary coach and passing game coordinator. I would argue his secondary had a very hard time against us and they couldnt cover Lockett.

Richard had minimal impact on the game. I credit their front seven especially their two stud young LBs who diagnosed and overpowered our running game.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":6gmf0mi8 said:
hawks85":6gmf0mi8 said:

I love how you say "end of story" as if it makes your point true (its not)

You do realize Richard is not the DC right? He is the secondary coach and passing game coordinator. I would argue his secondary had a very hard time against us and they couldnt cover Lockett.

Richard had minimal impact on the game. I credit their front seven especially their two stud young LBs who diagnosed and overpowered our running game.
Minimal impact are you serious. You do realize Richard and Norton worked here together right. Your telling me RIchard didn't give any info on how to shut down this offense and how Norton runs our Defense. If you think that than your crazy. Our offense in a nutshell is a amped up version a better version than last year and years prior...including our SB run.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marinelli and Richard I would say worked together using Richards knowledge of our offense which is 70 percent still intact as well as film and tendencies to shut us down, he also has pretty good knowledge of our players and their weaknesses to help the offense.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
chris98251":3r2nmm1f said:
Marinelli and Richard I would say worked together using Richards knowledge of our offense which is 70 percent still intact as well as film and tendencies to shut us down, he also has pretty good knowledge of our players and their weaknesses to help the offense.
Yes...he was on our staff for like 7-8 years.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
chris98251":3jzi72zw said:
Yes...he was on our staff for like 7-8 years.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawks85":1psdhtgn said:

He isn’t their DC.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":jq8t8esj said:
hawks85":jq8t8esj said:

He isn’t their DC.

Nope, but to think they isolated him into a DB coach position for this game is foolish. That guy was a big part of their game plan.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Obviously Richard knows the Seahawk personnel and capabilities as well as any opposing coach ever could. But to be fair, he also had the personnel to employ schemes that effectively shut down our offense for large stretches of the game.

Fade

Reaction score
As a Defense I would love to play against the Seahawks every week with the gameplan they rolled out there on Saturday night.

Sell out to stop the run on 1st & 2nd down.

3rd down pin your ears back and get after Wilson, and don't worry about the run.

So damn easy.

themunn

Reaction score
Dallas has one of the best defenses in the league - 2nd overall in average yards per drive, 5th best rushing defense, 6th in scoring D.

At home they held NO to 10 points, and averaged 18.5 PPG allowed, and Dallas went 7-1.

We stuck to the same formula we had against Dallas in the regular season where Carson ran 32 times for 102 yards - with 18 rushes going for 3 yards or less. The difference in that game was Dallas had 3 turnovers and so we could afford to score 24 points and win. This time we scored 22 points and lost. It happens.

If we stop just one of the three third down conversions on the final scoring drive by the Cowboys (2 DPIs and a 3rd and 14 run), we get the ball back with a 6 point deficit and a TD likely wins the game for us. Instead we make 3 critical errors in the final few minutes which costs us time, timeouts and ultimately puts us in the position of needing to recover an onside kick to win the game.

Who knew that it was difficult to win on the road in the playoffs, eh?

TreeRon

Reaction score
Fade":27dd0ysa said:
As a Defense I would love to play against the Seahawks every week with the gameplan they rolled out there on Saturday night.

Sell out to stop the run on 1st & 2nd down.

3rd down pin your ears back and get after Wilson, and don't worry about the run.

So damn easy.

This !! A football genius you need not be to guess what Seattle is going to do. Once Dallas saw Seattle's first offensive series it was "Okay nothing has changed, squeeze the box and stop the run on downs 1 and 2 and blitz on down three." Crikey, any of us could have called that!