I love Schotty and the Run First mentality

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sure, the run was stopped, but Russ dropped some GEMs of passes right where they needed to be. We knew this was going to be a close game coming into it. We lost the time of possession battle because we were outclassed on Defense. Hat's off to Richard for calling a fantastic defensive game. Sadly, you won't be matching up against your former team next weekend and you will lose.

This loss came down to two things.

1. Being outplayed on defense, likely because we went up against the DC who JUST LEFT.

2. Special Teams. It's time for Seattle to find a solid kicker. Love ya Seabass, but ya screwed us buddy. Make that field goal and we either win or go into OT.

Hats off to PC, JS, Schottty, Solari and Norton for the best rebuilding year I've ever seen a team have. Now find us a damned kicker.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2v4evj8r said:
Sure, the run was stopped, but Russ dropped some GEMs of passes right where they needed to be. We knew this was going to be a close game coming into it. We lost the time of possession battle because we were outclassed on Defense. Hat's off to Richard for calling a fantastic defensive game. Sadly, you won't be matching up against your former team next weekend and you will lose.

1. Being outplayed on defense, likely because we went up against the DC who JUST LEFT.

2. Special Teams. It's time for Seattle to find a solid kicker. Love ya Seabass, but ya screwed us buddy. Make that field goal and we either win or go into OT.

Hats off to PC, JS, Schottty, Solari and Norton for the best rebuilding year I've ever seen a team have. Now find us a damned kicker.

Don't forget the Dallas kicker missed a fg too so special teams was a wash. I'm not sure if I'd blame the defense since the offense keep them on the field the whole first half. Credit to the Dallas defense but we sucked a little too.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
getnasty":2v7oxm35 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2v7oxm35 said:

Don't forget the Dallas kicker missed a fg too so special teams was a wash. I'm not sure if I'd blame the defense since the offense keep them on the field the whole first half. Credit to the Dallas defense but we sucked a little too.

Losing a kicker and facing your former DC in the playoffs is one hell of a handicap.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3pxxyb53 said:
getnasty":3pxxyb53 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3pxxyb53 said:

Losing a kicker and facing your former DC in the playoffs is one hell of a handicap.

Losing our kicker actually helped us. We went 2 for 2 on going for 2 and we went for multiple 4th downs that we converted that we might have kicked field goals instead. Don't you think we know a little about Kris Raichard too? Offense didn't get it done, blame Shotty or Russ, or Pete but this game is on the offense.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
getnasty":1ceyn62o said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1ceyn62o said:
getnasty":1ceyn62o said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1ceyn62o said:

Losing our kicker actually helped us. We went 2 for 2 on going for 2 and we went for multiple 4th downs that we converted that we might have kicked field goals instead. Don't you think we know a little about Kris Raichard too? Offense didn't get it done, blame Shotty or Russ, or Pete but this game is on the offense.

I bet dollars to doughnuts Richard coached Dak on Wagner and KJs audibles and hand signals. I have zero problems with this game. Hands down, the best rebuilding year I've ever seen.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I’m pretty tired of excuses being made for the lack of creativity in our offensive play-calling. I’m not calling for anyone’s head, but this is our game plan. We didn’t adjust our offensive mindset and we lost. I’m not even suggesting we should have bailed on the run game—just a smudge of creativity would have gone a long way. Instead we got square peg, round hole, for 58 minutes.

justafan

Reaction score
Good post. Dallas has a tough D. People seem to ignore that fact and blame someone rather than giving anyone credit. Does it surprise anyone that the same people ragging on Pete before the season went for the throat as soon as the season ends.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Yeah there is nothing to love about Schotty.

Richard taught hand signals? Norton et al didn't change them in a year? They didn't think of changing them?

Dak did not know the hand signals.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Smellyman":38k08dhh said:

Richard taught hand signals? Norton et al didn't change them in a year? They didn't think of changing them?

You keep believing that.

This team is special. You don't change a LB that's played in one system his whole career in one season. Period. LOVED this season.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2zxhnpai said:
Smellyman":2zxhnpai said:

You keep believing that.

This team is special. You don't change a LB that's played in one system his whole career in one season. Period. LOVED this season.

Well I guess Ken Norton and all D coaches and Pete need to fired.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Smellyman":16kjp73y said:
Sox-n-Hawks":16kjp73y said:
Smellyman":16kjp73y said:

You keep believing that.

Well I guess Ken Norton and all D coaches and Pete need to fired.

Lame answer. Seriously, if you coach someone up you know them inside and out.

The only coach that needs to be replaced is Brian Schneider. Special teams play (with the exception of Dickson) was garbage this season. From kickoff and punt coverage to punt blocking. We need a new ST Coordinator tomorrow.

The work Kenny Norton put into this defense is mind boggling. He took Bobby Wagner, an injured KJ, Frank Clark, a prison bound reject and a bunch of other dudes and put together a playoff run all after losing one of the greatest safeties to ever play the game.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
justafan":1bp15uaz said:
Dallas has a tough D. People seem to ignore that fact and blame someone rather than giving anyone credit.

I agree. Dallas has a very good D and they executed a good game plan against us. Had our own D been able to stop Dallas in the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter and force a change of possession, the outcome of the game would have been very different.

Fade

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":mpgrkm3e said:
I’m pretty tired of excuses being made for the lack of creativity in our offensive play-calling. I’m not calling for anyone’s head, but this is our game plan. We didn’t adjust our offensive mindset and we lost. I’m not even suggesting we should have bailed on the run game—just a smudge of creativity would have gone a long way. Instead we got square peg, round hole, for 58 minutes.

I agree. Pete and Scotty should not be getting a pass on this.

When other teams sell out to stop the run you need to adjust. Or you did a bad job as a coach.

The Carolina game proves my point. They did it before, they can do it again.

They failed.

They let the players and fans down in this game with the stubbornness, ego, philosophy, stupidity, ineptitude, insanity. For whatever reason it was why exactly they decided to continue to run into a brick wall for 2 downs, and put the QB in 3rd and long the whole game, but it was a joke, and completely dumbfounding. Aikman called it out towards the end of the game as it was playing out, and didn't understand what Pete was thinking.

It has me very worried about the future of this team. If Pete doesn't learn from this game, and refuses to adjust, were looking at a Marty ball kind of team. Go 10-6 or thereabouts, early playoff exit, every year going forward. With the apologists coming up with new excuses every season of why the team fell short.

This team should be competing for a Superbowl next year with an offense that is bringing pretty much everyone back, and a defense that just needs to make some improvements in the secondary with the young guys taking their natural steps forward, + an additional pass rusher. But all of that will be moot if Pete thinks he can roll out the same gameplan on offense every week, and then refuse to adjust when it isn't working. They will fall short, and underachieve. They will lose a couple of games in the regular season they have no business losing, which will cost them the division, and then maybe win in the WC round, but then be bounced after that.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Fade":39qtkknm said:
KARAVARUS":39qtkknm said:

When other teams sell out to stop the run you need to adjust. Or you did a bad job as a coach.

They failed.

They let the players and fans down in this game with the stubbornness, ego, philosophy, stupidity, ineptitude, insanity. For whatever reason it was why exactly they decided to continue to run into a brick wall for 2 downs, and put the QB in 3rd and long the whole game, but it was a joke, and completely dumbfounding. Aikman called it out towards the end of the game as it was playing out, and didn't understand what Pete was thinking.

It has me very worried about the future of this team. If Pete doesn't learn from this game, and refuses to adjust, were looking at a Marty ball kind of team. Go 10-6 or thereabouts, early playoff exit, every year going forward. With the apologists coming up with new excuses every season of why the team fell short.

This team should be competing for a Superbowl next year with an offense that is bringing pretty much everyone back, and a defense that just needs to make some improvements in the secondary with the young guys taking their natural steps forward, + an additional pass rusher. But all of that will be moot if Pete thinks he can roll out the same gameplan on offense every week, and then refuse to adjust when it isn't working. They will fall short, and underachieve. They will lose a couple of games in the regular season they have no business losing, which will cost them the division, and then maybe win in the WC round, but then be bounced after that.
This was perfect and I wouldn’t change a word!!! :2thumbs:

Jville

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":14ory975 said:
Fade":14ory975 said:
KARAVARUS":14ory975 said:

They failed.

We have seen these gloom and doom accusations and rabbit name calling before. It only reflects on the mental state of it's authors.

Is there such a thing as losers derangement syndrome?

NJlargent

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":2dc4i5id said:
Fade":2dc4i5id said:
KARAVARUS":2dc4i5id said:

They failed.

Well said and spot on

Chawker

Reaction score
Great OP sox! Yes, just keep the ball rolling. We can focus on the draft and building a new hot rod for next year.2019 is going to be a superbowl season for the Seahawks.
Cheers

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":34yrhbm2 said:

Cogent post devoid of over-emotionalism.

Well done.

bighawk

Reaction score
We weren't outclassed our gameplan never changed if we would have came out throwing we could have won plan and simple. I even knew the plays let alone our old defensive coordinator. They tried to make Carson the featured back instead of sticking with the formula of by committee. Our run defense is not like it used to be and they tried to rely on them but the offense stunk it up by forcing the run.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I can't believe none of you saw how Wilson was getting monstered by the pass rush early on. Had we abandoned the run, Wilson would be in the next bed over from Hurns.

Only by committing to the run could we set up tendencies that we could then go against, which we did to good effect.

We rushed Fluker and Sweezy back from injury and they were nowhere near 100% at their positions, but still better than having Pocic in there.

At this end of the season, you have the guys you have in the condition they are in, and you just have to deal with it. Dallas was healthier in their front 7 then we were in our OL, and it showed.

When you can't rely on the OL you have to use scheme to assist your OL, and that's exactly what we did.

Next year we get people healthy, add a few more horses, and start the process over again. Having lost what, 7? pro-bowlers from the starting 22 vs last year, I think we did amazingly well just to achieve 10-6 and be in the post-season.

Rebuilding year.
New OC and DC.
Facing not just last year's DC, but a guy who had been with the Seahawks since Pete Carroll came as DB coach and moved up the ranks. He new Carroll inside and out.

There are plenty of mitigating factors.