Another play to me that made no sense

seabowl

Reaction score
The good:
When they brought Penny into the game for the first time and on the first play he ran for 27 yards.

The bad:
On the very next play after running for 27 yards having just come in the game they give it to him again? I remember saying to myself before the play "don't hand it off" because IMO he was gassed from the long run and what happens... he gets destroyed for -7 yards.

I just don't understand why any coach would hand it to the same guy again after a long run having just entered the game.

This was just in my mind another of the "what the hell were they thinking" calls.

Jville

Reaction score
This must be a Sunday morning confessional.

HawkSince87

Reaction score
I don’t mind handing it to him again. These are the best athletes in the world, they aren’t gassed by a 27 yard run. What didn’t make sense was a slow developing pitch against a fast defense. I hate pitches. You’re already starting at least 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage with backwards momentum/no head of steam on pitches. Makes no sense.

Hawkman90

Reaction score
The thing that annoyed me about our plays were when you look back to the carolina game when they did a good job at shutting down our run game we had a plan b and we let russ do his thing and got the w. We got to the 2nd half against dallas and I'm sitting like this ain't working go to plan b.... And it's like the pc and bs forgot that russ can actually throw the ball, should've started throwing it more to open up the run game you know flipped the plays or something

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkSince87":3khhk42p said:
I don’t mind handing it to him again. These are the best athletes in the world, they aren’t gassed by a 27 yard run. What didn’t make sense was a slow developing pitch against a fast defense. I hate pitches. You’re already starting at least 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage with backwards momentum/no head of steam on pitches. Makes no sense.

Pitches against a team that is consistently blowing up your interior line.

justafan

Reaction score
Watch that play again and you will see why he lost 7 yards.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
seabowl":16gi22fm said:
The good:
When they brought Penny into the game for the first time and on the first play he ran for 27 yards.

The bad:
On the very next play after running for 27 yards having just come in the game they give it to him again? I remember saying to myself before the play "don't hand it off" because IMO he was gassed from the long run and what happens... he gets destroyed for -7 yards.

I just don't understand why any coach would hand it to the same guy again after a long run having just entered the game.

This was just in my mind another of the "what the hell were they thinking" calls.

2nd time in that half they lost big yards the play after gaining big yards. Both of them runs

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
justafan":konyajqi said:
Watch that play again and you will see why he lost 7 yards.

Yup. The OP is totally off base our blocking blew that play up. Penny wasnt dancing he didnt have a chance