Congratualtions to the Seahawks from Cowboys fan.

johneric8

Reaction score
First off, as a few of you know I signed up on this forum a week ago to discuss the game. Many of you whom saw my post know that I only had friendly intentions in mind with zero trolling in mind.

As a Boys fan I was worried about the hawks, and personally I didn't think we would win. My main reason for not thinking we would win is because there has been ton of heartbreak for us since the 90's for the most part so if most cowboys fans are being honest we kind of expect to lose in important games. also the RW factor and the fact that PC is an amazing coach.

Having said that, I want to send much love the hawk nation for not only being classy but also showing incredible sportsmanship by the players when our WR allen hurns had that horrible injury. He broke his ankle and fractured his knee it was pretty bad. I was very happy to see the seahawks supporting him and that moment was nice to see. It really changed the focus of the game for sure, it was quite sobering.

I want to give mad props to your whole team and organization! I personally would kill for Pete Carol to be the coach of the cowboys instead of the puppet Jason Garret. Garret is good in the locker room and the players love him so he isn't all bad but he isn't the best coach in my opinion. Also, RW I thought played a good game but at the end of the day our cowboys Defense is pretty special this year. Some of that is drafting and the Jerry Jones risk taking mentality paying off. Jalen smith who would of been a high first round pick and one of the better players to come out in quite some time looked to have a career ending injury in college, but Jerry took and chance and drafted him with a pretty high pick. Also, what needs to be said about Vandereche? He is a beast that because he played at a small school the scouts didn't know how he would translate to the NFL. Let's not forget Randy Gregory either who was another Jerry Jones risk and he is special.

We basically hit on some big players and former Seahawk coach Chris Richard came into our program and made some good adjustments and put our players in the proper places to succeed. #1, he took Byron Jones away from the safety position and moved him back to corner and taught him the seahawk way of defending receivers and now he is a pro bowler.

To my eyes, our teams were pretty evenly matched, but our Defense ended up being too tough for you guys in terms of the front 7 which took the hawks off their game. I wouldn't blame Pete Caroll so much here, but I get why some of you would.

I just want to say that I think RW is an amazing person and talent and there is no doubt you guys are moving in the right direction. I think your offense is good enough quite honestly with a few more offensive lineman so I'm sure next year the hawks will be contending for the super bowl.

The last bit of credit I want to give is to Dak Prescott. Being the qb of the cowboys the kid gets hammered by everyone, but I have to say I believe he has a much higher ceiling than people give him credit for. He might not be the most accurate passer in the league but he has the "It" factor and just seems to win. This has to account for something in my book, it's not just all about arm strength and accuracy although those help. The one thing I know is other teams fan bases underestimate Dak more often than not, but he keeps coming back and doing what it takes. This Cowboys fan honestly still expects to lose as we always do, but who knows right?

Anyway, thanks for having me and much love to the hawks nation.

E

semiahmoo

Reaction score
johneric8":315fmgka said:
First off, as a few of you know I signed up on this forum a week ago to discuss the game. Many of you whom saw my post know that I only had friendly intentions in mind with zero trolling in mind.

As a Boys fan I was worried about the hawks, and personally I didn't think we would win. My main reason for not thinking we would win is because there has been ton of heartbreak for us since the 90's for the most part so if most cowboys fans are being honest we kind of expect to lose in important games. also the RW factor and the fact that PC is an amazing coach.

Having said that, I want to send much love the hawk nation for not only being classy but also showing incredible sportsmanship by the players when our WR allen hurns had that horrible injury. He broke his ankle and fractured his knee it was pretty bad. I was very happy to see the seahawks supporting him and that moment was nice to see. It really changed the focus of the game for sure, it was quite sobering.

I want to give mad props to your whole team and organization! I personally would kill for Pete Carol to be the coach of the cowboys instead of the puppet Jason Garret. Garret is good in the locker room and the players love him so he isn't all bad but he isn't the best coach in my opinion. Also, RW I thought played a good game but at the end of the day our cowboys Defense is pretty special this year. Some of that is drafting and the Jerry Jones risk taking mentality paying off. Jalen smith who would of been a high first round pick and one of the better players to come out in quite some time looked to have a career ending injury in college, but Jerry took and chance and drafted him with a pretty high pick. Also, what needs to be said about Vandereche? He is a beast that because he played at a small school the scouts didn't know how he would translate to the NFL. Let's not forget Randy Gregory either who was another Jerry Jones risk and he is special.

We basically hit on some big players and former Seahawk coach Chris Richard came into our program and made some good adjustments and put our players in the proper places to succeed. #1, he took Byron Jones away from the safety position and moved him back to corner and taught him the seahawk way of defending receivers and now he is a pro bowler.

To my eyes, our teams were pretty evenly matched, but our Defense ended up being too tough for you guys in terms of the front 7 which took the hawks off their game. I wouldn't blame Pete Caroll so much here, but I get why some of you would.

I just want to say that I think RW is an amazing person and talent and there is no doubt you guys are moving in the right direction. I think your offense is good enough quite honestly with a few more offensive lineman so I'm sure next year the hawks will be contending for the super bowl.

The last bit of credit I want to give is to Dak Prescott. Being the qb of the cowboys the kid gets hammered by everyone, but I have to say I believe he has a much higher ceiling than people give him credit for. He might not be the most accurate passer in the league but he has the "It" factor and just seems to win. This has to account for something in my book, it's not just all about arm strength and accuracy although those help. The one thing I know is other teams fan bases underestimate Dak more often than not, but he keeps coming back and doing what it takes. This Cowboys fan honestly still expects to lose as we always do, but who knows right?

Anyway, thanks for having me and much love to the hawks nation.

E

Thank you and good luck with the remainder of the playoffs. You were the better team and the better team won.

Also, apologies to those in here who treated you unkindly last week. This place often struggles with its sense of identity. 99% of those who participate understand "it's just football" and have a bit of fun with it.

As for that other 1% - they in no way reflect the good spirit of the Seahawks Nation at large.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Classy post. Good luck next week. We'll see you next year.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Our Seahawks lives and dies with the run game setting Wilson up.

However, the Cowboys were the better team and was better coached.

Jerry Jones does seem like he wants the Seahawks to remain in Seattle and may be a great resource to the Seahawks next owner(s).

Hope Allen Hurns makes a full recovery.

Congrats to your Cowboys and best of luck to you guys next week!

Elemas

Reaction score
Appreciate your posts. Hats off to the Cowboys. I wish we would've won ofc but, this season exceeded most expectations. From a 4-12 projection to the playoffs....

There were some critical mistakes that game. Zeke's run before the half....the PIs, the unsportsmanlike conduct, 3rd and long and letting Dak run it up the middle. Even with those mistakes...there was still a chance (albeit low probability) to come back.

I think the Cowboys will have their hands full next week. The Rams and/or Saints don't seem to make the same boneheaded mistakes (or, run run pass 3 and out mentality) we do.

Good luck though! Getting a playoff win after a drought has to feel good.

OP
OP
J

johneric8

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I honestly wouldn't of come back for any chatter if it wasn't for the touching moment of the seahawk players checking on Hurns. I watched RW interview before the game and came away liking him even more than I already did. He kinds of reminds me a bit of Tim Duncan in his overall attitude on and off the field and that is incredibly high praise.

I agree the Cowboys will have their hands full with whomever they play quite honestly, that is kind of the Cowboys way.
Our team does some truly bizarre stuff like make a third string QB who couldn't beat out Dak for the starting job become his QB coach. If they do go any further in the playoffs it will because the team refuses to lose and puts it all together. We all know there are years that those types of teams rise up, but I'm not holding my breath.

It is nice when your team wins, but it's also nice to be civil and be compassionate toward others.

See you guys next year!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
johneric8":38422l2l said:
Thanks guys, I honestly wouldn't of come back for any chatter if it wasn't for the touching moment of the seahawk players checking on Hurns. I watched RW interview before the game and came away liking him even more than I already did. He kinds of reminds me a bit of Tim Duncan in his overall attitude on and off the field and that is incredibly high praise.

I agree the Cowboys will have their hands full with whomever they play quite honestly, that is kind of the Cowboys way.
Our team does some truly bizarre stuff like make a third string QB who couldn't beat out Dak for the starting job become his QB coach. If they do go any further in the playoffs it will because the team refuses to lose and puts it all together. We all know there are years that those types of teams rise up, but I'm not holding my breath.

It is nice when your team wins, but it's also nice to be civil and be compassionate toward others.

See you guys next year!

Dak played great. He's a hot n cold QB but he was hot when it counted this week.

Appeared very-very determined and the entire offense took it from there.

Gotta respect that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cowboys are very much built like our Seahawks, it was almost a mirror of our dominant years, Richard is really good at positional coaching and if he gets hired he will be missed, we miss him here as our DB coach, not as much as a DC.

Good luck going forward fan to fan, most of us still hate the Cowboys and Jerry, but classy post and come back anytime.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Hope you guys can escape the perpetual let down seasons, as 12's we can relate.

The Rams are our real enemy. Unseating them so we can have home games by way of winning our division is critical for us. Bad trades (Amari Cooper) and your home field favored your team this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Congrats on your win, the Cowboys were the better team on Saturday, and much more prepared. Their D is pretty impressive. Very few teams have been able to the stop the Hawks and their running game.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. The Cowboys stepped up when they need to. Having a talent like Ezekiel Elliot makes every game winnable.