I know this is hard to believe

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
since so many here seem to want to blame Pete and Schotty, but maybe, just maybe, the Cowboys, this year, are a better team than we are. There I said it. I hate myself for it, but I think it's true.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":13xf0lj6 said:
since so many here seem to want to blame Pete and Schotty, but maybe, just maybe, the Cowboys, this year, are a better team than we are. There I said it. I hate myself for it, but I think it's true.

Cowboys are as good as the Seahawks. Maybe a touch better here and there.

The game is under so much scrutiny, and in so many areas, because the Seahawks had plenty of opportunities to win. The teams were evenly matched for the most part, with the Cowboys making a few more plays. When that happens, its natural to start looking at the finer details to see what might have made the difference

D

DomeHawk

Jazzhawk":3r4y5kzn said:

I don't think anyone is taking anything away from the Cowboys.

The point is we will never know who the better team was if one was playing without the chance to win the game.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Dallas looks like a team we will be beating in the playoffs at some point next year... They are building a nice defense down there, if they were smart, they would keep Richard as DC.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2p7unh4o said:
We beat them once before, the issue in this game is that we made ourselves one dimensional. We stacked the deck in their favor with our strategy.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
They seem to have better, what is important.. an OL and a DL with some really good LB's.. that one guy with the long name is really good.

knownone

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ib2e0eu said:
Jazzhawk":3ib2e0eu said:

Cowboys are as good as the Seahawks. Maybe a touch better here and there.

The game is under so much scrutiny, and in so many areas, because the Seahawks had plenty of opportunities to win. The teams were evenly matched for the most part, with the Cowboys making a few more plays. When that happens, its natural to start looking at the finer details to see what might have made the difference
100% this.

Most of us are upset because we didn't play to win the game until it was too late. The intangibles of the game were in Dallas's favor, home-field advantage, referees, etc. In those situations, we'd like to see the team be more aggressive. By staying passive they allowed those intangibles to become magnified and we failed to capitalize on our only true advantage over Dallas, Russell Wilson.

That's the biggest issue for me personally. When you have the better QB you do everything you can to take the opposing QB into deeper waters to put them under pressure that they can't perform under. Our QB can perform under that level of pressure, Dak has not proven he can. For some reason, we played this game like we had Dak and they had Wilson. It made no sense.

John63

Reaction score
The reality is, Dallas is a good team, however, we gift wrapped the game to them by making ourselves one dimensional until it was too late. Those are the facts. under 3 ypc without QB rushing over 8 passing. When a team takes away one thing you go to the other, if it works you keep doing it till they stop it, or you slowly sprinkle in the other. We did not do this till it was too late.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1esu16bb said:

No doubt they were the better team all around this week.

Weird how some have such a hard time accepting that.

And we were outcoached big time.

erik2690

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3nwr3zc5 said:
Jazzhawk":3nwr3zc5 said:

No doubt they were the better team all around this week.

Weird how some have such a hard time accepting that.

And we were outcoached big time.

"No doubt they were the better team all around this week."

Like they were better in all aspects or better as a whole? B/c SEA was better in pass efficiency, the only team in this weekends playoffs to win the pass efficiency battle and lose.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Dallas played us well.
Dallas is not a terrible team, and they have come on strong at the right time of year.

Personally I don’t think they win their next game but it’s very possible.

What I’m bummed about is, that game was winnable for us.

My thought going in was, if it’s close going into the 4th, we will win.

We simply didn’t make the adjustments in order to win.

I do not believe that the Cowboys were the better football team.

Obviously they won, and it could be argued that they are better because they won but I don’t buy it.

I think our coaches didn’t play the game correctly, and that’s what cost us.

I don’t believe for one minute that the Cowboys are/were actually the better team, sure they won, and my hats off to them.

I have not watched the game on DVR yet, I can’t comment on execution of called plays but watching live I felt like we did fine as far as playing the called plays well. It’s the called plays, and failure to adjust that I feel was wrong.

I get it, there was a game plan, and I actually like the philosophy of “run the ball, play great defense”but when that’s not working, you have to adjust.

I actually believe that if we could have had one more series we would have won. We did not adjust soon enough and time ran out.

I’m babbling out of frustration but to the OP, I disagree, Dallas Cowboys are/were not the better team.
Seahawks simply failed to do what it would have taken to win.

And yes, I understand that it is a silly thing to say as the Cowboys won.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
IMO Dallas made the plays with the game on the line and are full marks for win based on that. Two times the Hawks scored to take the lead but they drove down and got TDs on their next drives. And got their third one when all the Hawks needed to have a good shot was get the ball back in Russ's hands down by less than 7 and with not enough time to call running plays on first and second down.

It's frustrating cause although Dallas was full marks for the win, a few plays here and there could have made a difference. What if Griffin / King don't get caught inside and Zeke does not get the first down late in the first half? Is the momentum of that game different if the Hawks go into the half with the last score and the lead. That and the third down run by Prescott. For a Cowboy fan that's going to be one of your favorite plays ever. As a Hawks fan that play will bug me this off-season.

Reaction score
Wartooth":1g8ph18e said:
Dallas looks like a team we will be beating in the playoffs at some point next year... They are building a nice defense down there, if they were smart, they would keep Richard as DC.
Rod Marinelli is the DC

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I lost more sleep over the 49rs loss and nearly losing to the pathetic Cardinals at home, than to losing this game. The results of those games were unacceptable. This loss, and to put it more broadly, not making it to the Dance, was far easier to swallow and accept. Looking forward to 2019, which will be a much better season, I'll say that right now.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Thanks OP, I totally agree. It's the truth, this team was just not good enough.

So there's talent that we need to acquire in the offseason, folks need to develop, and we need to fix holes.

We need a great (not a good one, not an okay one) draft and we need to find a couple starters in it.

But yes, this was not a team that was going deep into the playoffs...we only have two All Pros on the team and a bunch of "Just a Guy" players. That's not a SB team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They probably are.

But....that is the thing with great QBs. Great QBs help you beat better teams.

This is why you use them. Why QBs are coveted.

And the very rules of the game reinforce this.

Which is why it is baffling to have a great QB and not use him.

Great QBs have beaten better teams with 'lesser' teams. Throughout playoff history this happens.

But it only works if you bother to try. We didn't.

Seymour

Reaction score
The team overall did well this year. We are a couple guys away from a top 4 team still.
I don't find it hard to believe, I called this a 50/50 game.

I'm pissed the way we lost the game and in fact it defines insanity. Trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. :pukeface:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Twisted makes a very good point. You have Russ, maybe you could......oh I don't know......use him more???