End of season airing out of the laundry

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Yeah, we did better than I expected this season but...

My issues - Griffin brothers, Shotty, Dickson and refs.

Sebas injury lost us that game and having a punter that can't kick field goals or kick off didn't help. Having a trick punter is neat but having a good punter that can back up your kicker is smart.

Griffins coverage was terrible and reinforces just how good we had it with Sherman.

I'm sick of people blowing off or accepting crappy calls by refs. Injustice is wrong no matter how you spin it and there were a butt load of them against us this season. If plays can be reviewed then bad calls should be too.

I've got a bunch of issues with PC this season but he's earned immunity.

Well there it is, thanks for letting me bitch.

supahawk

Reaction score
Griffin brothers bother me. It’s a warm feel good story but they are both mediocre. They are the like the kid in the wheelchair who you aren’t allowed to criticize. With Sherman- despite the horrible play calling the hawks would have won. The Griffins are eating roster spots for no reason. 2 handed shaq will be Kelly Jennings 2.0 if he stays.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Shaquil Griffin was distracted by having his brother on the team and his play suffered because of all the attention they were getting off-field. Hopefully now he can be more focused on his play, here on out. Also, Shaquil had the benefit of having Earl Thomas covering for him last year and early on this year. After ET went down, his game started to regress.

As for Dickson, it's great to how a power leg but to continually outkick your coverage is not a good thing. He did that quite a few times to the detriment of the team. That being said ST needs some drastic improvement as they cost the team a couple of games this year.

They need to find some safety help for McDougald in the offseason. Thompson doesn't look ready to take over yet. Unfortunately, there's no Derwin James type of safety in this draft.

Overall, the Seahawks overachieved this year. There were much more positives than the negatives.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Mine has to be inability to get Penny involved. Clearly the teams most explosive runner (YPC shows that) they continued to pound the plodding Chris Carson. While he was good Carson isn’t great and isn’t a game breaker and will never be great. If you are going to waste a talent like Penny don’t draft him. All came to a head and was most evident yesterday. Biggest game of the year and Carson runs for 1.5ypc yet they kept the plodder in there. Penny then breaks off a long one, was looking much better and right back to the bench. Completely ridiculous and not always compete.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
sprhawk73":1p9ggt7g said:
I'm sick of people blowing off or accepting crappy calls by refs. Injustice is wrong no matter how you spin it and there were a butt load of them against us this season. If plays can be reviewed then bad calls should be too.

The refs didn't hurt us last night. We got away with a PI on the interception, phantom hold on the punt return for TD called back and Dallas had more penalties. Quit the whining

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1dekxhm0 said:
Mine has to be inability to get Penny involved. Clearly the teams most explosive runner (YPC shows that) they continued to pound the plodding Chris Carson. While he was good Carson isn’t great and isn’t a game breaker. If you are going to waste a talent like Penny don’t draft him. All came to a head and was most evident yesterday. Biggest game of the year and Carson runs for 1.5ypc yet they kept the plodder in there. Penny then breaks off a long one, was looking much better and right back to the bench. Completely ridiculous and not always compete.

Lol, Pennys other runs were negative 7, negative 2 and one yard.

To call Carson plodding because he had a bad game with no blocking is silly. He was carrying piles to start the game.

Penny is explosive but he has a lot of negative plays, this reminds me of people who wanted Forsettto start over Marshawn because he had more ypc

sdog1981

Reaction score
sprhawk73":yytuzswy said:
Sebas injury lost us that game and having a punter that can't kick field goals or kick off didn't help. Having a trick punter is neat but having a good punter that can back up your kicker is smart.

The team has an All-Pro punter that that is your take away? Souixhawk is that you?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2h5e5tfe said:
sprhawk73":2h5e5tfe said:

The refs didn't hurt us last night. We got away with a PI on the interception, phantom hold on the punt return for TD called back and Dallas had more penalties. Quit the whining

Totally agree. Bad calls even out, homer fans only remember the ones that go against us. The KJ pick was totally PI, we were lucky to even be in a position to win that game.

rcaido

Reaction score
Karma for all the fans talking crap about Bennett, Sherman, & Thomas.

Our tackling was absolutely garbage at times!

Special teams probably worse we had in a long time.

Griffin 2-hand garbage needs to go back to the other side. If he still sucks, get a replacement.

Running is great but if they stopping it, please let our ELITE QB to try to win our game with more time on the clock.

Refs you guys suck so much!

*edit* Also the injury bug was annoying as hell Thomas, Dizzy, Kendricks and pretty everyone who kept getting injured over and over. Can everyone please drink Wilson's miracle water.

Other then that, such a great season! I really wish we could have beaten Dallas but next season is going to be special

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
sdog1981":105u849p said:
sprhawk73":105u849p said:

The team has an All-Pro punter that that is your take away? Souixhawk is that you?

Clearly a drunken post.

All Pro punter and the knock is he isnt a kicker. How many punters are proficient kickers?

sdog1981

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3kliv5dt said:
sdog1981":3kliv5dt said:
sprhawk73":3kliv5dt said:

Clearly a drunken post.

All Pro punter and the knock is he isnt a kicker. How many punters are proficient kickers?

That would be none, Steve.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1tpwled0 said:
ImTheScientist":1tpwled0 said:
Mine has to be inability to get Penny involved. Clearly the teams most explosive runner (YPC shows that) they continued to pound the plodding Chris Carson. While he was good Carson isn’t great and isn’t a game breaker. If you are going to waste a talent like Penny don’t draft him. All came to a head and was most evident yesterday. Biggest game of the year and Carson runs for 1.5ypc yet they kept the plodder in there. Penny then breaks off a long one, was looking much better and right back to the bench. Completely ridiculous and not always compete.

Lol, Pennys other runs were negative 7, negative 2 and one yard.

To call Carson plodding because he had a bad game with no blocking is silly. He was carrying piles to start the game.
c

Like always, tons of misinformation here so let me help you.

1) Penny had one negative run for -7yards. Not 3 like you claim above.
2) carrying piles? For 1.5ypc....is that carrying piles to you?
3) it my laundry to air.... not yours

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
My biggest gripe is Shaquill, and it has been for some time. Last year, I thought he was extremely average, just a typical mid round rook going through the motions. I had big expectations for him coming into the year. Then the Chicago game happened. He looked great that night. Superb coverage and he was getting his head around with ease, which is something we didn't see a year before.

But after that game, he regressed in a big way. He was abused time and time again by Keenan Allen (which is common, Allen is an absolute stud and arguably the best route runner in league), but he still underperformed terribly. His performance against the Chargers has stuck with me the most. He just doesn't look like anything more than a 3rd or 4th corner. Some are saying having his brother is a distraction for him, but I'm not sure. I just think it's simply him not being a starting caliber corner, especially one tasked with Manning the left side.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think Shaq is the worst starting defender on the team, and it's not even close. I'd love to be proven wrong. I want him to prove me wrong. If there's anyone who can coach him up, it is Pete. Next year will be very telling.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
sdog1981":25pydn81 said:
WestcoastSteve":25pydn81 said:
sdog1981":25pydn81 said:
sprhawk73":25pydn81 said:

Clearly a drunken post.

Punters punt, kickers kick. It would be like saying why doesn’t Carson just backup Russ or throw TDs.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1wvv4bsh said:
sdog1981":1wvv4bsh said:
WestcoastSteve":1wvv4bsh said:
sdog1981":1wvv4bsh said:

Clearly a drunken post.

Punters punt, kickers kick. It would be like saying why doesn’t Carson just backup Russ or throw TDs.

Baldwin throws TDs..... at least one.

Elemas

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":33jfefwt said:
My biggest gripe is Shaquill, and it has been for some time. Last year, I thought he was extremely average, just a typical mid round rook going through the motions. I had big expectations for him coming into the year. Then the Chicago game happened. He looked great that night. Superb coverage and he was getting his head around with ease, which is something we didn't see a year before.

But after that game, he regressed in a big way. He was abused time and time again by Keenan Allen (which is common, Allen is an absolute stud and arguably the best route runner in league), but he still underperformed terribly. His performance against the Chargers has stuck with me the most. He just doesn't look like anything more than a 3rd or 4th corner. Some are saying having his brother is a distraction for him, but I'm not sure. I just think it's simply him not being a starting caliber corner, especially one tasked with Manning the left side.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think Shaq is the worst starting defender on the team, and it's not even close. I'd love to be proven wrong. I want him to prove me wrong. If there's anyone who can coach him up, it is Pete. Next year will be very telling.

Someone mentioned he was the 100th and something rated corner in the league. 64 starting corners in the NFL. I'll borrow the OPs line..."let that sink in for a minute".

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3aw3dooi said:
oldhawkfan":3aw3dooi said:
sdog1981":3aw3dooi said:
WestcoastSteve":3aw3dooi said:
Clearly a drunken post.

Baldwin throws TDs..... at least one.

Then why did they trade for Hundley when Baldwin could clearly be the backup QB?

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I lost sleep to the 49rs loss and almost losing to the Cardinals. This Wildcard loss did not effect me in the same way., I don't know why. Maybe because it was hard to picture them going all the way.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2wpc9ged said:
WestcoastSteve":2wpc9ged said:
sprhawk73":2wpc9ged said:

Totally agree. Bad calls even out, homer fans only remember the ones that go against us. The KJ pick was totally PI, we were lucky to even be in a position to win that game.

I agree on the refs. Those blaming them are incapable of watching without bias.

With that said - I spent time thinking about what if we don't get the int. Would we have opened up downfueld sooner and scored by passing? Wouldnitnironically have been better? One will never know

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The two PI calls could have went either way. However, the refs were not a factor in this loss. It was directly on the ridiculous play calling in the 1st half.