Seahawks are the only road team to lose in WC round

hawkfan68

Reaction score
All other road teams won their games in the WC round...Colts, Eagles, and Chargers.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2btow6gs said:
All other road teams won their games in the WC round...Colts, Eagles, and Chargers.

The Eagles had the only real upset. The chargers and Colts games the line was 2 or less points

NJlargent

Reaction score
The other 3 road teams decided to try and score early and the eagles made adjustments in the second half. Sadly I am jealous.

chris98251

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":23tq6r0m said:
All those games were winnable...

Three teams decided to go out and TAKE IT.

We decided, no, no, we don't want any part of winning.

Philadelphia went on the road against the toughest defense in the NFL facing Mack and put the game into Nick Fole's hands... win it for us Nick!

Nick Foles

But we didn't trust Wilson to do the same... when faced with 10 man fronts and constant run blitzes, we ran the ball into their jaws... over and over and over.

While the Eagles on the road in the cold, with Nick Foles, facing a nasty pass rush -- called on their QB to make the plays, even when he got picked twice.

Because our coaches apparently don't trust Russell Wilson and their coaches trust Nick Foles.

Pete and Brian should be looking in the mirror right now and comparing themselves to Peterson and Reich, and everyone else, and saying "You sorry sacks of crap, you have no balls at all... you have no gumption, you have no creativity..." that's what I would tell myself after being shown that I was inferior to every other coach in the freaking wild card round, including the guy I trained.

Poor decisions by our coaches.

Cost us 1 Superbowl, 3 playoff games, and a trip to the playoffs...

Infuriating.

I was trying to be reflective, but watching that Eagles game today just pissed me the hell off... and made me realize how inadequate we really were.

Well when you have a former QB as your head coach versus a former DB as your head coach your level of comfort is different. Pederson is going to favor all in and high risk with offense, he states that fact and going for it, Pete is a defensive guy which means he doesn't trust the offense to win games as much as his defense to control a game. Both ways work, we were just on the wrong side this time and a missed field goal is not a ringing endorcement of a major favor in one side or the other.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
chris98251":5zkxa30r said:
The_Z_Man":5zkxa30r said:

Philadelphia went on the road against the toughest defense in the NFL facing Mack and put the game into Nick Fole's hands... win it for us Nick!

Nick Foles

But we didn't trust Wilson to do the same... when faced with 10 man fronts and constant run blitzes, we ran the ball into their jaws... over and over and over.

While the Eagles on the road in the cold, with Nick Foles, facing a nasty pass rush -- called on their QB to make the plays, even when he got picked twice.

Because our coaches apparently don't trust Russell Wilson and their coaches trust Nick Foles.

Pete and Brian should be looking in the mirror right now and comparing themselves to Peterson and Reich, and everyone else, and saying "You sorry sacks of crap, you have no balls at all... you have no gumption, you have no creativity..." that's what I would tell myself after being shown that I was inferior to every other coach in the freaking wild card round, including the guy I trained.

Infuriating.

I was trying to be reflective, but watching that Eagles game today just pissed me the hell off... and made me realize how inadequate we really were.

Well when you have a former QB as your head coach versus a former DB as your head coach your level of comfort is different. Pederson is going to favor all in and high risk with offense, he states that fact and going for it, Pete is a defensive guy which means he doesn't trust the offense to win games as much as his defense to control a game. Both ways work, we were just on the wrong side this time and a missed field goal is not a ringing endorcement of a major favor in one side or the other.

Their win reminds me of us beating the Vikings on a missed field goal. We snuck in as a sixth seed after a super bowl appearance, got a late TD to go ahead and while they were driving their kicker blew a makeable kick. Carolina gave us a wakeup call the next round. Saints will do the same

NJlargent

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1l3uubuv said:
Seahawks also scored 3rd most point this weekend.

7th and second to last if you get rid of the garbage prevent TD late in the 4th when game was over

acer1240

Reaction score
seahawksny":20iumxvt said:

Really? How?

I'm sick of this shit. At least bring something to the table.

I'm proud as hell to be a Hawks fan today

BChawkfan

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1ng8rrim said:

Nick Foles

Infuriating.

Exactly how I feel about it.
I'm fine with losing a close game but to lose that game was a bit embarrassing.

seahawksny

Reaction score
acer1240":37dubga4 said:
seahawksny":37dubga4 said:

Really? How?

I'm sick of this shit. At least bring something to the table.

I'm proud as hell to be a Hawks fan today

Proud to be a hawks fan as well but our loss was pathetic

beaumaris

Reaction score
hawkfan68":34esfpxw said:
I picked the four visiting teams,and my own team is the one to let me down :229031_banghead:

John63

Reaction score
hawkfan68":zlqunfd4 said:

all put the game in the hands of the QB way before the 4th qtr.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
No the worst playoff loss was when we lost to the Rams at home in 03 or 04. To lose to the same time three times in one year was so demoralizing

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
NJlargent":3fw8y5x7 said:
EverydayImRusselin":3fw8y5x7 said:
Seahawks also scored 3rd most point this weekend.

7th and second to last if you get rid of the garbage prevent TD late in the 4th when game was over

Late touchdowns are exactly how we win a LOT of our games, so I'm not quite so comfortable with throwing those out.

If you WANT it to look bad in hopes of pressuring the Seahawks organization into kicking Schotty to the curb, sure, you'll go with that narrative. But it seems wonky

mrt144

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":32579tl7 said:
After this weekend I saw more clearly.

Watching these games I realized we had no shot. Every one of the winning teams on the field today outclasses the Seahawks by a mile in both talent and situational coaching.... those rosters are loaded.

None of our O linemen outside of Brown would start for any of those teams . In fact, a lot of our starting O linemen wouldn't even compete for 2nd or 3rd string on the Saints, Rams, Patriots, or Chiefs.

Oh yea, watching Unger completely leverage Bennett out of the gap and spring Kamara for the final first down, really felt like a dagger in the gut.

How galling is it to think that a combo of coaching and injuries, possibly related to inferior strength and conditioning coaching helped set in motion a series personnel gaffes that linger to this day? Unger and all things related to him still smarts.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Re: Seahawks are the only road team to lose in WC round

So what? That doesn't mean anything in the slightest.