Russ speaks out....

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for this from Russ. Greg Bell and others posted this on twitter. He did it in Russ fashion because he’s a professional but he’s probably a little pissed and should be. So many voices around the league have talked about how bizarre it was to not lean on Russ a little more, even a handful of times and that game is probably a win. Louis Riddick, Warren Sharp, Damien Woody and a host of others have echoed the same thing. AnywY I love that Russ publicly said something and I’m sure he’s more vocal behind the scenes. This is a good thing and needed if this team is going to take the next step.

TreeRon

Reaction score
It lets me see that RW is a bit more introspective than his cliche ridden press conferences are. His maturity and professionalism rarely give us a look inside Russ Wilson. This was just a peak.
I'd like to hear more.

northseahawk

Reaction score
You had 3 other quarters after realizing that they were after stopping the run.. maybe as a veteran "elite" qb, say something during the game, or audible a couple of times or maybe include some more QB keepers because the edge linemen were crashing in all day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You can't be serious. You honestly think this is on Russ? And how do you know he didn't say something during the game? Geezus man, is there anything this guy can do right by some people? Ever?
It is THE COACHES job to make the adjustments, on both sides of the ball.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1mijoe40 said:
You can't be serious. You honestly think this is on Russ? And how do you know he didn't say something during the game? Geezus man, is there anything this guy can do right by some people? Ever?
It is THE COACHES job to make the adjustments, on both sides of the ball.

It would appear Northhack had him miked up. :snack:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, maybe he's one of those who knew ahead of time that it's FACT that the Hawks would play on Sunday. All because of 25 years of watching football. :snack:

mistaowen

Reaction score
Glad to see him speak out. Game plan was horrible and treating Russ like a rookie QB in his first playoff game was unacceptable.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Agree with everything RW said. Maybe they gotta let him do a little more changing plays at the line.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":qlqsgiuk said:
Absolutely. This guy can take over a game, period.

No no no.....not until he is done with his timeout. :141847_bnono:

Timeout

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
northseahawk":1zxqozyu said:
You had 3 other quarters after realizing that they were after stopping the run.. maybe as a veteran "elite" qb, say something during the game, or audible a couple of times or maybe include some more QB keepers because the edge linemen were crashing in all day.

This is the kind of stuff my wife yells out during a game.

'OMG WHY DOESN'T RUSSELL JUST TELL PETE HE WANTS TO RUN MORE AND THROW FOR TD'S INSTEAD OF HAND THE BALL OFF!!??"

I guarantee you Russell is part of the pre-game, mid game, halftime and post game scheme/playcall and adjustment conversations.......and he checks plays at the line of scrimmage, of which he is getting pretty good at.

Yes there is a defined gameplan and scripted plays to call for the first series or two........but then it's all one fluid conversation exchange between Russell, Pete and Schotty after reviewing plays on the sideline and at halftime.

Russ didn't say anything everyone else is saying, including Pete. They could have done better, which is what EVERY QB and coach says after losing. Of course they could have done better, they lost.

PERSPECTIVE TIME: This is a team that limped into the playoffs with numerous key injuries (Griffin, Fluker, Sweezy, Flowers, Hill, Baldwin, etc), that got out executed and out hit by a more physical and healthy team and made some terrible in game mistakes that cost them the game......and STILL only lost 24-22.

For a team rebuilding that most thought wouldn't even go 8-8 let alone make the playoffs? It's all good for me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They need to give Russ the “Peyton Manning Pass” to do what he wants. Let him take over the game from minute one with no restrictions. If it fails, you can always go back to the old way.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":pf1371hs said:
northseahawk":pf1371hs said:

This is the kind of stuff my wife yells out during a game.

'OMG WHY DOESN'T RUSSELL JUST TELL PETE HE WANTS TO RUN MORE AND THROW FOR TD'S INSTEAD OF HAND THE BALL OFF!!??"

I guarantee you Russell is part of the pre-game, mid game, halftime and post game scheme/playcall and adjustment conversations.......and he checks plays at the line of scrimmage, of which he is getting pretty good at.

Yes there is a defined gameplan and scripted plays to call for the first series or two........but then it's all one fluid conversation exchange between Russell, Pete and Schotty after reviewing plays on the sideline and at halftime.

Russ didn't say anything everyone else is saying, including Pete. They could have done better, which is what EVERY QB and coach says after losing. Of course they could have done better, they lost.

PERSPECTIVE TIME: This is a team that limped into the playoffs with numerous key injuries (Griffin, Fluker, Sweezy, Flowers, Hill, Baldwin, etc), that got out executed and out hit by a more physical and healthy team and made some terrible in game mistakes that cost them the game......and STILL only lost 24-22.

For a team rebuilding that most thought wouldn't even go 8-8 let alone make the playoffs? It's all good for me.

My biggest issue with what some here are saying is what makes you think he did not say those things to PC and Schotty but was overruled? You don't know, he did do some audibles, but what some of you are saying which is basically a mutiny is unrealistic. IF the Qb starts ignoring the coaches, then other players will too, and you have a problem. Now for the person who is really pushing this narrative, well your hate for the QB is obvious, the fact that rather than putting the blame on the people calling the plays and making the game plan you choose to pick on the QB says a lot.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2pp4k7mv said:

Same here. They exceeded my expectations and i'm not really bitter or that upset we lost. Yeah it sucks, but i'm not mad like I usually would be. Was a good and fun season.

BASF

Reaction score
northseahawk":3u2u7vf9 said:

Bwahahaha! Thanks for the laugh.

Our linemen (who are almost all better run blockers) made several mistakes including missing assignments with run blitz pickups. At the end of the day, their D-Line (which gave the Saints fits under the same circumstances) was better than our O-Line and all the adjustments in the world can only work so long against that.

beaumaris

Reaction score
northseahawk":33pk5uvb said:
Russell is an veteran elite QB. :roll:

nwHawk

Reaction score
You know, Russ used to speak out if he truly believed in a play or approach, and the coaches, including Pete, would listen. So what happened? Do you think this is just a coaches problem? Maybe the other team took away the key things that we wanted t ok hit. Maybe, not even Russ had an answer until it was too late. We'll never know.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
beaumaris":274bp0px said:
northseahawk":274bp0px said:
Russell is an veteran elite QB. :roll:

*an elite