Seahawks sign 9 players to futures contracts

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1082397990256488449[/tweet]

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
He's probably holding out for more money again.

According to NFL reporter Eric Edholm, the Seahawks are paying McGough his full base salary for the 2018 season despite him being on practice squad. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero clarified that amounts to $28,235 per week totaling up to $451,760 for the entire season. That amount is quite a bit more than the average practice squad player.

The likeliest scenario would be that his agent was negotiating a better deal for his client, even with being on the practice squad. The minimum amount a team can pay their practice squad player is $7,600 per week totaling up to $120,000 for the regular season. As a quarterback, McGough probably wanted much more than that especially after he showed he had real potential during his preseason stint. He wasn't perfect by any means but he showed flashes of brilliance. Perhaps, his most brilliant play didn't even count. A 54-yard touchdown strike to Malik Turner (eventually overturned after review) while McGough was on the run moving right showed all the potential you could want in a backup option.

And so the Seahawks paid the price for that.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seaha ... 121510907/

Fade

Reaction score
chawx":2mw7uq97 said:
What?! Why not McGough? I liked that guy...

I liked him too talent wise, but in the pre-season he was way too careless with the ball, and struggled with processing coverages, and dealing with the speed of the game. Going from small college to the NFL was just too big of a jump for him.

I would like to see him in the new XFL, get some PT, and see if he could develop at a minor league level. He needs high volume in-game reps to get his game up to NFL standards. He wouldn't be getting that in Seattle.

I wish him well regardless.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Fade":16nfjtmw said:
chawx":16nfjtmw said:
What?! Why not McGough? I liked that guy...

I liked him too talent wise, but in the pre-season he was way too careless with the ball, and struggled with processing coverages, and dealing with the speed of the game. Going from small college to the NFL was just too big of a jump for him.

I would like to see him in the new XFL, get some PT, and see if he could develop at a minor league level. He needs high volume in-game reps to get his game up to NFL standards. He wouldn't be getting that in Seattle.

I wish him well regardless.

Seattle is getting an XFL team....Oh you mean that other team....Nevermind...dang mariners. :twisted: