Hopefully Schotty attends.

acer1240

Reaction score
Yeah... because his defense gave up 2 scoring drives in the 4th quarter.....

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
acer1240":25y2n94x said:

Nope but...: “The Play”. Keep up man

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
acer1240":2u9aipc9 said:

Not a problem if we’re up 21 or so because we played offense with a sense of urgency the first 3 quarters.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3la76tda said:
acer1240":3la76tda said:

Not a problem if we’re up 21 or so because we played offense with a sense of urgency the first 3 quarters.

and 6 3 and outs constantly putting the D back on the field

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Schottenheimer actually elevated Russ's game on a technical level. Not a good OC, but he seems to have a way with QBs. Russell Wilson was a lot more consistent this year even with pressure in his face.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
He has always performed well with pressure in his face, less pressure this year with Solari.

Cable should be tried for assault

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Smellyman":20ol1wxf said:
He has always performed well with pressure in his face, less pressure this year with Solari.

Not really. Last season for example he went three whole quarters without doing anything. His fundamentals were a bit off. In years past even when he had a pocket he would elect to retreat backwards instead of step up. This tendency happened even when we had an offensive line in 2013/2014.

This season he was stepping up into the pocket, and he even made a few Brady like slide steps to avoid pressure. He was setting up his pass blockers. Something he never did before Schottenheimer. His movement in the pocket was a lot more precise and crisp. Before he was like a chicken with his head cut off, and would manufacture a lot of pressure.

We have to remember that Schottenheimer was the man that Brees gave credit to for elevating his game to the next level. He has a long history with some good QB's. In the context of QB coaching, I think he's pretty darn good. I despise him, and always have as an OC, that being said I think he is perhaps one of if not the best QB coach in the league.

This season Russ definitely added some new tricks in his repertoire, and he was more consistent as a passer. The run game played a part, but even with the run game in some seasons he would just kind of derp out for whole halves. I saw a more consistent, more composed quarterback throughout the entire game this season. Not many of those missed wide open errant throws that he used to make.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
Nice thesis. Unfortunately for Shoddy, an offense is more than just a quarterback.

Spin Doctor":swk6kmwe said:
Smellyman":swk6kmwe said:
He has always performed well with pressure in his face, less pressure thisquote year with Solari.

Not really. Last season for example he went three whole quarters without doing anything. His fundamentals were a bit off. In years past even when he had a pocket he would elect to retreat backwards instead of step up. This tendency happened even when we had an offensive line in 2013/2014.

This season he was stepping up into the pocket, and he even made a few Brady like slide steps to avoid pressure. He was setting up his pass blockers. Something he never did before Schottenheimer. His movement in the pocket was a lot more precise and crisp. Before he was like a chicken with his head cut off, and would manufacture a lot of pressure.

We have to remember that Schottenheimer was the man that Brees gave credit to for elevating his game to the next level. He has a long history with some good QB's. In the context of QB coaching, I think he's pretty darn good. I despise him, and always have as an OC, that being said I think he is perhaps one of if not the best QB coach in the league.

This season Russ definitely added some new tricks in his repertoire, and he was more consistent as a passer. The run game played a part, but even with the run game in some seasons he would just kind of derp out for whole halves. I saw a more consistent, more composed quarterback throughout the entire game this season. Not many of those missed wide open errant throws that he used to make.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Amazed the board needed another thread to argue the same 3 points.

acer1240

Reaction score
My only point was that it was a total team loss.

Is that so hard for some to understand?

This team is in good hands

chris98251

Reaction score
Should give him a raise and Autonomy from Pete to do his thing. Give him a big Target WR in the draft and we may see things open up a bit more. BUT NOT IN THE 4TH ROUND and Darboh isn't the guy I don't think, want 6'4 225 guy at least that can run 4.45 or so and has a bad attitude.

D

DomeHawk

acer1240":2mk5l4tj said:
My only point was that it was a total team loss.

Is that so hard for some to understand?

This team is in good hands

Yes, because it is complete and utter BS.

The loss is ENTIRELY on the coach.

Anyone who has ever played the game will tell you the same thing. It was stubbornly stupid and should never have happened.

mikeak

Reaction score
If NFL team goes all out to score it is almost like only their own mistakes can stop them. The issue is the risks so during large parts of the game teams mitigate it some (PC to greater extents).

Look at the Bears game. Offenses kept in check until last two drives. Eagles scores and bears should have scored.

So to say Seattle lost because opponents offense scored is a scapegoat excuse for a Seahawks offense that was inept at moving the ball and a failure of understanding today's rules in the game

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If he attends the Russell Willson Passing Academy he will be sorely disappointed...and so will a lot of young, impressionable children.

irfuben32

Reaction score
watched the game a few more times and Russell did seem to miss some easy throws that would have extended drives early in the game.

Also should have kept on the RO more in the first half

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smellyman":qsn2voui said:

35 passing TD's for Russell, QBR of 110, #6 Red Zone offense, #8 in total points..............................btw, also almost set a record for offensive turnovers in NFL history, 11.

Nah, Schotty's just fine. He had a great year with a new team, new QB, new coach and trying to install a new offense.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1d9bqlzo said:
Smellyman":1d9bqlzo said:

35 passing TD's for Russell, QBR of 110, #6 Red Zone offense, #8 in total points..............................btw, also almost set a record for offensive turnovers in NFL history, 11.

Nah, Schotty's just fine. He had a great year with a new team, new QB, new coach and trying to install a new offense.

A cynic might say that while thats all well and good, it didnt neccesarily translate at key inflection points in the season for various reasons.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
mrt144":2dywr91h said:
Sgt. Largent":2dywr91h said:
Smellyman":2dywr91h said:

A cynic might say that while thats all well and good, it didnt neccesarily translate at key inflection points in the season for various reasons.
Whereas a level-headed person might suggest that is where the "new team, new offense" stuff comes in. It was never going to be perfect. There were always going to be mistakes and those would inevitably occur in key situations.

I think the difficulty of transitioning systems while the OC gets to know better the capabilities of his players was largely masked by how successful that transition was. Had we gone 6-10 instead of 10-6, people would have accepted it as the growing pains of a rebuilding team. Instead, we go 10-6 and make the playoffs and people expect Super Bowl while completely ignoring the rebuild and the 7 pro-bowlers missing from last year's team.