Which position do we upgrade first via draft?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Which position would you spend your first draft pick on in 2019?
Last year, we needed a RB (with Carson injury and Eddie Lacey massive flop).
Would you go for best player available or would you select the best player at a given position, when our draft number is called?
I would go for a Pass Rusher first, and DB second, if a great prospect was available.

Jville

Reaction score
We are in much better shape this year.

I'll roll with John Schneider to build a very selective draft board of 60 - 80 players. Then, I'll roll with John Schneider again to design and execute a most efficient draft. Where different positions are actually addressed, will be a reflection of draft talent and an expression of John's efficiency.

We are in good hands.

TreeRon

Reaction score
O guard or right tackle then edge rusher.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
3 picks lineman and 1 corner. 4 picks really suck. Hope they get extremely lucky with the players they draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Remember, we have a lineman that was drafted last year (from OH state) and on IR. Should be like a new player, when he returns. I think we should just grab linemen from Free Agency.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
As we noticed this season, the Seahawks are not very deep at linebacker. I think that is a position that needs to be beefed up this offseason. After that finding a big receiver (Sidney Rice mold) would be nice.

rcaido

Reaction score
Pass rusher, DB, & LB in that order.

TreeRon

Reaction score
joeseahawks":11ktwlxr said:
Remember, we have a lineman that was drafted last year (from OH state) and on IR. Should be like a new player, when he returns. I think we should just grab linemen from Free Agency.
Don't care where we get them but the Rams show tonight that if you want to win running the ball, you better have a kick-a O line. BTW Saffold OG of the Rams is a FA TY.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
The line is super deep at DL. I bet we could get a top 10 talent at 18.

I know we have issues all around but a dominant DL makes you so hard to beat. Thinking of our super bowl team and those giants teams with Osi, Tuck and JPP

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Corner. Griffin is not the answer and an above average corner is a necessity in Pete's D.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This draft is being labeled as historic with defensive line talent. Which is kind of perfect.

Atradees

Reaction score
What a great year we had with newcomers. We are picking 21....Likely trade down and get more picks. RB is set, TE is fine. Receivers are fine-we have two big bodies in Brown and Moore, we dont throw enough to justify getting a prima donna receiver. The defense needs to be better. I would say linebacker because Wright will likely get paid somewhere else. Probably can get a real talent in the first round.

seabowl

Reaction score
Atradees":2tc0vk37 said:
What a great year we had with newcomers. We are picking 21....Likely trade down and get more picks. RB is set, TE is fine. Receivers are fine-we have two big bodies in Brown and Moore, we dont throw enough to justify getting a prima donna receiver. The defense needs to be better. I would say linebacker because Wright will likely get paid somewhere else. Probably can get a real talent in the first round.

Moore did real well for a stretch but faded badly at the end. Brown was a ghost. The invisible man. A waste of a spot. Other than that he was good.

Gimme a wr in the draft pleade. Doug is not getting any younger.

massari

Reaction score
Would take QB Kyler Murray if he's there at #21 and if he decides to stick with football.

If not, best player available out of DL, DB, LB, OL

Atradees

Reaction score
seabowl":k3nee5c7 said:
Atradees":k3nee5c7 said:

Moore did real well for a stretch but faded badly at the end. Brown was a ghost. The invisible man. A waste of a spot. Other than that he was good.

Gimme a wr in the draft pleade. Doug is not getting any younger.

Its not the players fault. A new wr will not have a chance to even play. This is the 2nd deepest position on the team behind RB. Hard to predict the Seahawk drafts but we will not pick a receiver, TE or RB in the first four rounds.

Antonio Brown would not be a good Seahawk. Its not what we do here.

Considering he was out, Dickson was a fine TE for us. Everybody loves Dissley's potential.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
DE, OG, S,CB, K(Cole Tracey Lsu)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk