Nothin' But Love

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't been on .NET much since the loss because of all the negativity. I get it, I really do. It was not how we should have gone out. I won't even discuss the particulars since they have been drilled in ad nauseam. Ever since 2013 when we finally won it all, I have found it incredibly difficult to get as bent out of shape as I used to over a loss. Especially a playoff loss. Sure, I still get angry, I still emote in ways my family would prefer I didn't - I'm not dead after all - but something changed in me the day we won it all on February 2nd, 2014.

I thought for sure we would beat the Cowboys. I felt we matched up well against them. I assumed a close win by 3 or so. Unfortunately they won by 2. Not a shock. Dak played the game he needed to in order to pull it out. So when I came to the site to decompress, I guess I shouldn't have been all that surprised with the haters coming back out from the shadows. The negativity on what to me was one hell of an impressive season given the circumstances, was, well, disappointing.

So I end with this. I friggin' LOVE this team. I love Pete Carroll, John Schneider, what Solari has done to take our worthless OL and turn them into one of the better lines in the league. I love the heart and pain Carson delivers on every play that we haven't seen since Lynch's hey day.

I love the blend of new, young talent buying in, mixed with just the right amount of savvy veterans. I love Russ' eternal optimism and ability to keep the team in every single game every single year.

I love the passion from all of you 12's. Even those we label "haters". After all, nothing kills a franchise more than apathy.

2019 is already set up to be a fantastic season. I can't even wait. GO HAWKS!!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've been pretty vocal in my critique of the play calling and Pete and I still think they are fantastic coaches and I love what they've done for this franchise. I too agree that this team has a lot to be excited about and to build upon.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, I feel nothing but pride right now for this team. By all accounts, and for good reason they were supposed to be horrible. They won 10 games, could have won more, and were down to the wire in a road playoff game. With so many changes to personnel and coaches, let alone younger players, injuries etc. this was a pretty successful year. Sucks to lose in the first round, but I'll say it again, it's the 1st time under Pete that they have went one and done. Not sure why so many act like this is some common thing. Meh, the future looks very good for this team.
Homer or not, anything less than the NFC Championship next year will be a disappointment to me.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Man what a diff from last year
Couldn't have expected anything better realistically
Great coaching changes and as you guys know if we can just win with a healthier team the whining stops
A lot has to come together just right to win it all so here's to next year
:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

BigMeach

Reaction score
Aros":1elxfo56 said:
I haven't been on .NET much since the loss because of all the negativity. I get it, I really do. It was not how we should have gone out. I won't even discuss the particulars since they have been drilled in ad nauseam. Ever since 2013 when we finally won it all, I have found it incredibly difficult to get as bent out of shape as I used to over a loss.

Amen to that Aros. Ever since we won one, I am able to find the brightside much easier. To me this season was a blessing, we played much much better than I could have hoped. Even though I wasn't down on this year like others, I wasn't expecting a playoff spot or to even look as good as we did at times this year. To me we were a team that was shedding cap and had some major injuries effect us, including players we're still paying for that got injured a year ago. So any winning was a positive. I feel like this team has great pieces and with nearly a full offseason to prep, I could see this team becoming the best in the division again as well as securing home field throughout. And we all know what happens when we secure home field...

JRobinson

Reaction score
BigMeach":3vynnn3q said:
Aros":3vynnn3q said:
I haven't been on .NET much since the loss because of all the negativity. I get it, I really do. It was not how we should have gone out. I won't even discuss the particulars since they have been drilled in ad nauseam. Ever since 2013 when we finally won it all, I have found it incredibly difficult to get as bent out of shape as I used to over a loss.

I feel like this team has great pieces and with nearly a full offseason to prep, I could see this team becoming the best in the division again as well as securing home field throughout. And we all know what happens when we secure home field...

You guys do indeed have a few pieces, but I believe that you may be another year or so away to retake the division from us.
We are really young and have our core guys locked up for the next 4 seasons outside of Goff (2). Not by any means saying y’all can’t because y’all are competitive, just saying we are the team to beat right now.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
There is certainly a much more positive air about this franchise now than there was at the end of the 2017 season!

They became fun to watch again.

Now, the front office has an extremely difficult off-season ahead, marked by many big decisions. We currently only have 4 draft picks (the others were traded away in the Duane Brown, Brett Hundley, and Shalom Luani deals). We are currently sitting on about $60 million in cap space, but also have less than 40 players under contract (not counting pending futures deals which go into affect March 13).

The list of UFAs, RFAs, and ERFAs is dotted with some pretty prominent and familiar names - most notably Earl Thomas (remember him?), Frank Clark, K.J. Wright, D.J. Fluker, J.R. Sweezy, Justin Coleman, Mychal Kendricks, Mike Davis and Dion Jordan.

What will happen with Clark? Earl? KJ? Will they try and get a new mega deal with Russell Wilson done, or wait until after the 2019 season? It probably makes more sense from a business perspective for Russ to wait and see what the elite QB market looks like after the next few seasons of salary cap swells.

There are lots of areas on the roster that need attention. That cap space isn't going to go too far and right now there is very little draft capital. Cutting Kam, Mingo, Ed Dickson, and Jaron Brown pre-June 1st designation frees up another roughly $17 million (but also adds $9 million in dead money). On the flip side, there are some intriguing names coming back from the injured list - like Will Dissly and Jamarco Jones.

They have a good core and are certainly in much better shape than last off-season, but John and Pete (and their talent evaluators) have a tough road ahead to improve this roster substantially. I think they can do it, however.

chris98251

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1ya4whtw said:
There is certainly a much more positive air about this franchise now than there was at the end of the 2017 season!

Now, the front office has an extremely difficult off-season ahead, marked by many big decisions. We currently only have 4 draft picks (the others were traded away in the Duane Brown, Brett Hundley, and Shalom Luani deals). We are currently sitting on about $60 million in cap space, but also have less than 40 players under contract (not counting pending futures deals which go into affect March 13).

The list of UFAs, RFAs, and ERFAs is dotted with some pretty prominent and familiar names - most notably Earl Thomas (remember him?), Frank Clark, K.J. Wright, D.J. Fluker, J.R. Sweezy, Justin Coleman, Mychal Kendricks, Mike Davis and Dion Jordan.

What will happen with Clark? Earl? KJ? Will they try and get a new mega deal with Russell Wilson done, or wait until after the 2019 season? It probably makes more sense from a business perspective for Russ to wait and see what the elite QB market looks like after the next few seasons of salary cap swells.

There are lots of areas on the roster that need attention. That cap space isn't going to go too far and right now there is very little draft capital. Cutting Kam, Mingo, Ed Dickson, and Jaron Brown pre-June 1st designation frees up another roughly $17 million (but also adds $9 million in dead money). On the flip side, there are some intriguing names coming back from the injured list - like Will Dissly and Jamarco Jones.

They have a good core and are certainly in much better shape than last off-season, but John and Pete (and their talent evaluators) have a tough road ahead to improve this roster substantially. I think they can do it, however.

I don't think we need a sunstantial roster improvement as much as health, the experience we got this year will pay huge dividends. We need maybe 4 pieces as starters and lots of depth to develop.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
chris98251":24ogwg4u said:
FlyingGreg":24ogwg4u said:

I don't think we need a sunstantial roster improvement as much as health, the experience we got this year will pay huge dividends. We need maybe 4 pieces as starters and lots of depth to develop.

Fair and accurate. However, that is also based on the roster as currently constructed. Players like Wright, Fluker, Sweezy, Coleman and Kendricks potential leaving changes that perspective.

Herein lies the basis for my original post. They don't have a great deal of resources to make roster improvements -- assuming they tag Clark (which will be a little less than 1/3 of the current cap space alone), potentially bring back Wright, bring back either Fluker or Sweezy, etc. Clark is the only truly expensive consideration there, and they may well get a long-term deal done which saves money against the cap.

It's also safe to assume they will be trading down (likely multiple times) and/or trading players for later-round picks.

IMO, we need to improve at DE (someone opposite clark), LB, CB, and FS - as well as overall depth on the roster, which will hopefully help improve Special Teams. It will be interesting to see the mix of who they bring back, who they target in free agency (likely lower-to-mid range guys who are not expensive), and how they attack the draft - or, which returning players they trust to step up (guys like Shaquill Griffin, Tedric Thompson, Jacob Martin, etc.).

BigMeach

Reaction score
JRobinson":2xoh1rrg said:
BigMeach":2xoh1rrg said:
Aros":2xoh1rrg said:

I feel like this team has great pieces and with nearly a full offseason to prep, I could see this team becoming the best in the division again as well as securing home field throughout. And we all know what happens when we secure home field...

You guys do indeed have a few pieces, but I believe that you may be another year or so away to retake the division from us.
We are really young and have our core guys locked up for the next 4 seasons outside of Goff (2). Not by any means saying y’all can’t because y’all are competitive, just saying we are the team to beat right now.

You definitely are the team to beat, considering you won the division. That being said, 7 points was the difference between us winning the division and you winning the division. We're a lot closer than you think.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":1kse1017 said:
Even those we label "haters".

They prefer "disagreers."

I was obviously bummed after we lost to Dallas, but I actually feel really good about the state of the Hawks. After two straight seasons of negative nonsense, player discontent and off field distractions that put a bummer vibe over the entire team...................I like the energy Pete and the young players on the roster showed us in 2018.

This year we saw positive enthusiasm for the game of football, from the top down. Allen may have passed away, but IMO he left the Hawks in a great place where we can now build on his legacy for years to come as long as Pete's in charge.

JRobinson

Reaction score
BigMeach":2ghuvr9m said:
JRobinson":2ghuvr9m said:
BigMeach":2ghuvr9m said:
Aros":2ghuvr9m said:

You definitely are the team to beat, considering you won the division. That being said, 7 points was the difference between us winning the division and you winning the division. We're a lot closer than you think.

That may be the case, and as much as i despise the sea chickens, I respect your coach and your team. You guys made a lot of headway this season when most though you'd be 8-8 at best. But again, right now, the Rams are on top.

chris98251

Reaction score
JRobinson":2y12v1wn said:
BigMeach":2y12v1wn said:
JRobinson":2y12v1wn said:
BigMeach":2y12v1wn said:

That may be the case, and as much as i despise the sea chickens, I respect your coach and your team. You guys made a lot of headway this season when most though you'd be 8-8 at best. But again, right now, the Rams are on top.

You keep saying that
right now, the Rams are on top
like you need to remind yourself of the fact, most here thought we would be resetting and that the Rams would be a placeholder while we recalibrate. You all have done a great job as the B team, next season I think there may be a bit of a struggle to maintain that however.

JRobinson

Reaction score
chris98251":s0vxo8iy said:
JRobinson":s0vxo8iy said:
BigMeach":s0vxo8iy said:
JRobinson":s0vxo8iy said:

You keep saying that
like you need to remind yourself of the fact, most here thought we would be resetting and that the Rams would be a placeholder while we recalibrate. You all have done a great job as the B team, next season I think there may be a bit of a struggle to maintain that however.

Placeholder eh?

So over the last decade you guys have finished first 4 times. We are now at 2 over the last decade and back in the playoffs. If calling us a ‘B team’ makes you feel better then continue labeling us as that. But the facts are the facts: we are the better team in back to back seasons. And least I remind you that since 2014 you are 3-7 against us, so it actually looks like it may be a bit of a struggle for you to keep up with our new high powered attack.

BigMeach

Reaction score
JRobinson":1esptyf1 said:
BigMeach":1esptyf1 said:
JRobinson":1esptyf1 said:
BigMeach":1esptyf1 said:

I'm not really sure where this was disputed? You keep saying it as though I'm saying it's not true. Is it one of those things where you were bad for so long you need to keep repeating you're the best in the division to help forget how easy it is to be bad?

JRobinson

Reaction score
BigMeach":19dbor5r said:
JRobinson":19dbor5r said:
BigMeach":19dbor5r said:
JRobinson":19dbor5r said:

I'm not really sure where this was disputed? You keep saying it as though I'm saying it's not true. Is it one of those things where you were bad for so long you need to keep repeating you're the best in the division to help forget how easy it is to be bad?

Read some of your posters comments, it has been disputed as ‘luck’ and ‘flavor of the month’. Instead, how about just giving credit where it’s due. Which, there are a few on here who are respectful and pragmatic. Overall, not so much, which is expected coming over as a division rival fan.

AgentDib

Reaction score
JRobinson":ibjap1gp said:
So over the last decade you guys have finished first 4 times. We are now at 2 over the last decade and back in the playoffs. If calling us a ‘B team’ makes you feel better then continue labeling us as that.
"D team" fits the facts a lot better.

Since NFC West realignment (2002) the Seahawks are first with a point differential of +855. The 49ers are second with a point differential of -702. The Cardinals are third with a point differential of -771. The Rams bring up the rear with a point differential of -1032. In order to "catch up" to a +855 point differential the Rams would need to duplicate their performance from this last season (+143 point differential) for 13 straight seasons.

GMwiuhj

chris98251

Reaction score
JRobinson":3j4prf07 said:
chris98251":3j4prf07 said:
JRobinson":3j4prf07 said:
BigMeach":3j4prf07 said:

You keep saying that

Placeholder eh?

So over the last decade you guys have finished first 4 times. We are now at 2 over the last decade and back in the playoffs. If calling us a ‘B team’ makes you feel better then continue labeling us as that. But the facts are the facts: we are the better team in back to back seasons. And least I remind you that since 2014 you are 3-7 against us, so it actually looks like it may be a bit of a struggle for you to keep up with our new high powered attack.

Selective arn't we, lets go back to 2002, we been kicking ass in this division for 18 years.