Wide Receivevers, personnel questions

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of the crew the team has here at present there is only one player who is a FA and that is David Moore who is an ERFA. This area looks stronger than it has in the past and there are some developing players and two solid veterans.

Hawkstorian in another thread posed a question is/hasBaldwin getting/got pricey and could he be moved?

What if anything is needed here, that big player we all drool over or some more speed? Stay tuned b/c this could be interesting.

sutz

Reaction score
Offering a tender to Moore seems like a no-brainer to me. The coaches seem to like him.

I'd say the WR corps is pretty solid right now. We have a limited number of picks this year, and while I'm sure JS will deal us up a few more picks, I doubt they would waste a pick on a WR unless he was really a WOW! type player, which seems unrealistic in the later rounds. So, I wouldn't expect more than a Day 3 pick or a UDFA signing or two at WR.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
On a selfish level I really want Baldwin to be traded. Doesn't really have anything to do with the betterment of the Seahawks if I'm being honest. I really just want to see what he can do in a high volume passing attack ala Brees before he gets too old.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bbsplitter":3l03oweu said:
On a selfish level I really want Baldwin to be traded. Doesn't really have anything to do with the betterment of the Seahawks if I'm being honest. I really just want to see what he can do in a high volume passing attack ala Brees before he gets too old.

Hummmm...there is an interesting approach to our Receiving team....send them to another team to determine if they can increase their stats! Rather novel if I must say so.

chris98251

Reaction score
We need technical WR's that can run crisp routes, fortunately those guys are easier to find then Big 6'5 WR's with speed and hands.

sutz

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":21mdhr0o said:
bbsplitter":21mdhr0o said:

Hummmm...there is an interesting approach to our Receiving team....send them to another team to determine if they can increase their stats! Rather novel if I must say so.
Worked for Golden Tate. :34853_doh:

Jville

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1ffw4fv9 said:

That would be so outside of his commitment to Pete Carroll style football along with his Stanford Cardinal and Seattle Seahawks histories. Besides, Drew Brees is most dangerous when he has a good running game to work with IMO.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I can't see Baldwin being traded and think he is a special player who has for long time been underestimated by many.

Moore returning is a no brainer, and Brown was starting to come on at the end of the year. The others all have some special characteristic and the team seems to be in good shape at WR for next season with those already under contract.

Of course they could be improved with the right guys.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think this group is one of the pressing needs of the team. I love Lockett and Baldwin but they need another reliable target at a minimum. Brown wasn't that guy, Moore flashed a little but had a rough second half and isn't a great route runner. They need to add to this group and I'm guessing its a priority.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sutz":26b5d6kg said:
Offering a tender to Moore seems like a no-brainer to me. The coaches seem to like him.

I'd say the WR corps is pretty solid right now. We have a limited number of picks this year, and while I'm sure JS will deal us up a few more picks, I doubt they would waste a pick on a WR unless he was really a WOW! type player, which seems unrealistic in the later rounds. So, I wouldn't expect more than a Day 3 pick or a UDFA signing or two at WR.
This ^, and I know that it would be like catching lightning in a bottle to come up with another jilted WR like Doug Baldwin, but, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if John Schneider finds another gifted & determined to prove it in the later rounds, or even a really hungry UDFA.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":378bg6gr said:
sutz":378bg6gr said:

This ^, and I know that it would be like catching lightning in a bottle to come up with another jilted WR like Doug Baldwin, but, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if John Schneider finds another gifted & determined to prove it in the later rounds, or even a really hungry UDFA.

I hope you are both right on finding either. Can’t see that WR is a high draft priority though.l

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":33kbeeq7 said:
scutterhawk":33kbeeq7 said:
sutz":33kbeeq7 said:

I hope you are both right on finding either. Can’t see that WR is a high draft priority though.l

Highest draft priority for a WR has been Richardson and Tate in the 2nd, everyone else, Darboh, Lockett in the third the rest 4th or later unless you consider the Harvin trade.

Jville

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder about the degree of influence Russell Wilson has when it comes to who thrives and breaks out at the wide receiver position.

It seems like mental makeup and communication has a lot to do with how symbiotic relationships work out. In the case of Wilson, I suspect that receivers, with a fondness for improvisation, might have a leg up over the competition.

I wonder about what other (unmeasured) factors might be at work at the wide receiver position.

kf3339

Reaction score
austinslater25":1k5tj7ro said:
I think this group is one of the pressing needs of the team. I love Lockett and Baldwin but they need another reliable target at a minimum. Brown wasn't that guy, Moore flashed a little but had a rough second half and isn't a great route runner. They need to add to this group and I'm guessing its a priority.

This is kinda how I see it as well. I'm not sure I would call it a pressing priority, but do think we could do better by replacing Brown with a more reliable big WR. We will see.

Jville

Reaction score
ivotuk":1te1sdby said:
Here's the guy I want:

Tyrell Williams, WR, Chargers. Age: 27

Tyrell Williams is a couple of years removed from a 1,000-yard campaign. Williams is a deep threat with great size (6-4, 205), so perhaps he can flourish elsewhere.

Read more: http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagent ... z5ctQK7rbe

This article made an appearance today >>>> The Drive: Tyrell Williams as a Seahawk >>>>>[urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/2/16/18226878/the-drive-tyrell-williams-as-a-seattle-seahawk-nfl-film-analysis[/urltargetblank]

D

DomeHawk

There is no question that we need a #1 receiver and that has been true for a few years now.

I don't care how you get him, just do it.

knownone

Reaction score
It’s more likely that Seattle would trade for Antonio Brown than it is that Tyrell Williams will sign with us in free agency. Seriously, I can’t imagine any big money free agent reciever wanting to sign with a team that has established starters and only throws the ball 27 times a game.

We’d be better off drafting a guy.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I agree.

Keep our own and develop a WR with the ability to be a #1.

Don’twant anymore prima donnas here.