Carson Ran into a Loaded Box on 57.9% of his carries #1

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Also pisses me off that an 8 year vet QB either isn't smart enough or isn't allowed to check out of that situation.

John63

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3u6ohwxj said:
Also pisses me off that an 8 year vet QB either isn't smart enough or isn't allowed to check out of that situation.

Or option 3 he is only allowed to check to a point, meaning he gets 3 plays and can audible only to one of those 3. Option 4 the plays he wants to audible to he does not have the personnel to work. IE only 1 WR and 2 te and the play that would work needs 3 WR. Plenty of option all that said I highly doubt it is Isn't smart enough given we all know he is extremely smart.

John63

Reaction score

Scorpion05

Reaction score
vin.couve12":cml0o7dj said:

Sees play calling trend...chooses to attack the intelligence of the franchise QB rather than question the coaching decisions/scheme.

Yet the "Russ defenders" are the unreasonable, crazy ones

chris98251

Reaction score
Said it in another thread, you guys seem to think we want to run away from a certain defense. I think a lot of it is we don't care what you do on defense were running at you anyway, stop us if you can mentality.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2mw6kgmn said:
vin.couve12":2mw6kgmn said:

Sees play calling trend...chooses to attack the intelligence of the franchise QB rather than question the coaching decisions/scheme.

Bolded the part you, apparently, failed to read.

doso

Reaction score
chris98251":2c4zihrg said:
Said it in another thread, you guys seem to think we want to run away from a certain defense. I think a lot of it is we don't care what you do on defense were running at you anyway, stop us if you can mentality.

Yeah, i like that mentality to be honest. But when it doesn't work for the first half i just hope they adjust accordingly. Like that Carolina game was a good adjustment when we were held to 70 something yards. That Dallas game was bad. But i still give them credit, for most of the season, it worked well.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
bigskydoc":22zlpv0o said:
Scorpion05":22zlpv0o said:
vin.couve12":22zlpv0o said:

No, we all read it and completely comprehended the intent of the poster. What he/she thought was a clever but underhanded attack on Russell Wilson, by weakly suggesting he's not a smart QB.

Any intelligent person who has watched him play realizes he's incredibly gifted and intelligent... so it begs the question....what was she/he really attempting to say?
Also.. .net feature request: When you assign a poster to the ignore scrap heap the post still shows up when someone quotes them. Can this be modified?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1mz6hx7y said:
Scorpion05":1mz6hx7y said:
vin.couve12":1mz6hx7y said:

8 year vet QB either isn't smart enough

Quoted the part that you apparently feel is appropriate to direct against a human being who has excelled at his position for 8 years. Suggesting Russ may not be “smart enough” in any context is disturbing, even if there’s an “Or” after it. And if you and others have no issue with it that says less about me and more about you(and others). There have been a lot of baseless comments from some every now and then implying there’s something wrong with Russ’ brain or, on top of not being tall enough he’s also not intelligent enough to play the position. And it’s not rooted in anything fact based, given all the information out there about Russ’ work habits, pre-snap reads, and overall communication. So yes, my point still stands

Smellyman

Reaction score
Pete wants to coupled with the fact Schotty is the least innovative offensive coach in the NFL. He has his Dad's mentality in the wrong era.

Like his Dad it won't win playoff games.

John63

Reaction score
Smellyman":pf6r8on4 said:
Pete wants to coupled with the fact Schotty is the least innovative offensive coach in the NFL. He has his Dad's mentality in the wrong era.

The problem is because they have Wilson, who can pull their fat out of the fire if given a chance, they probably will win a playoff game, and that in their minds will justify this BS.

chris98251

Reaction score
Smellyman":1ttywb5p said:

Neither did Chuck Knox as much, he had the same mentality yet he was loved here.

Don't need innovation to bull thru defenders, USC didn't have it's reputation for nothing as RB U, hating and HATING and continueing to HATE every post that deals with the offense on Schotty gets old, especially when you have no arguement but hate in your post. No reasons and no justifications like other posters to question something and provide legitimate replies. Why Norm Chow left there as well, Pete didn't want a spread attack. Why Jeremy Bates was let go among other reasons as well.

Tamerlane

Reaction score

John63

Reaction score
Tamerlane":2cyfj5u1 said:
The original data source, nextgenstats, seems to directly contradict the statement in the article. This summarizes the relevant stats and paints a very different picture:

"Altogether, Seattle has the 9th LOWEST stacked box run rate in the league (17.1%):
https://twitter.com/SamuelRGold/status/ ... 1602401281

Individually, the three main Seattle RBs run into 8+ boxes the 5th, 7th and 27th LEAST out of 55 runners charted here:
https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rush ... -defenders"

That's interesting however we must first find out what the original article's definition of a loaded box.

The Nextgen is 8+ which means more than 8. So I guess both could be true depending on the definitions.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2s7ot3aq said:

Questions Russell's intelligence.

Is this guy really poster of the month material? Come on .Net

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
doso":17gcw1zh said:
chris98251":17gcw1zh said:

Yeah, i like that mentality to be honest. But when it doesn't work for the first half i just hope they adjust accordingly. Like that Carolina game was a good adjustment when we were held to 70 something yards. That Dallas game was bad. But i still give them credit, for most of the season, it worked well.
The Dallas game wasn't bad because we're run-heavy. The Dallas game was bad because both our starting guards were playing injured and were ineffective at protecting the run OR THE PASS (for the "then why didn't we pass earlier" crowd).

A fact of rebuilding/retooling teams is that if they are looking to fill a starter position, they are also looking to fill the backup position, otherwise they would just promote the backup to starter. We were thin at guard, and broke down at the worst possible time, heading into the playoffs.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sure seemed like we failed to leverage our rushing attack fully with PA the way the Rams do, for example. The Rams get wide open receivers all day on medium routes and will keep throwing until the opponent begins to flinch towards the pass which is how it should be. A great one two punch.

Whereas we, and film credit to the O for success despite this, have more of a one one two combo. The pass is still there but just way way more predictable.