Justin Britt - quality or average

nwHawk

Reaction score
I watched the Cowboy game again last night, I know I know, but Britt caught my eye over and over again. Is it just me or was he the weakest link on the line during that game? Numerous times I watched either a running play or a pressure/sack only to see Britt as the guy watching after getting beat. His poor play seemed mental not so much physical.

Is he really the best we can do? Forget being voted as a pro bowler, which is a popularity contest, do we need to upgrade Center to reach our goal? (SooperBBowl)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Meh, so hard to tell when both of his Gs were playing with significant injuries.

To me he was a strong link in the OLine all season, but perhaps was a bit exposed by a strong interior rush from Dallas.

sutz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1ctx70i1 said:
Meh, so hard to tell when both of his Gs were playing with significant injuries.

To me he was a strong link in the OLine all season, but perhaps was a bit exposed by a strong interior rush from Dallas.
So much this. Britt was great, then sucked when they put two rookie guards beside him. Then he was pretty good, until his guards started bouncing in and out of the lineup due to injury. The O-line needs to be a cohesive group, moreso than any other position group.

I don't know that Britt has regressed so much as the line got a little spotty late in the season as the injuries mounted.

Besides, that was Solari's first season with the group. I saw great improvement so far, would certainly give him another year to make them even better.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
I just couldn't help but notice him, and I really wanted to key in on Sweezy and Flucker but Britt kept standing out.

Seymour

Reaction score
I don't think he is pro bowl grade at all. I'd say average to slightly below IMO. He is a step down from Unger still for sure. Damn I hate that trade. :?:

Chapow

Reaction score
nwHawk":157gf49h said:
Is he really the best we can do? Forget being voted as a pro bowler, which is a popularity contest, do we need to upgrade Center to reach our goal? (SooperBBowl)

Does anyone really think Britt is such a popular player that he would get voted to the pro bowl on name recognition alone regardless of his play on the field?

Tical21

Reaction score
Barely passable. Needs to be upgraded, but passable.

Atradees

Reaction score
Im not a huge fan of Britt. I wonder what Solari's game plan is going forward? Replacing the center is likely not it with other peices in oft injured limbo

Fade

Reaction score
Hunt started the Dallas game in the regular season and was awesome.

But Britt makes the money sooooo................

chris98251

Reaction score
Center has a lot to do and with two injured Guards pass offs would be rough as well.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
What sucks is, before the Unger trade, the Saints had a pretty average offensive line. But with Unger they started to rebuild their line, and now it's one of the best.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks offensive line, minus this year, had been pretty awful.

Unger is better than Britt, and not because of guard play, but just is.

toffee

Reaction score
We have Hunt and Pocic both are Centers. In fact both play center as their natural position. Solari mihht to experiment with Hunt or Pocic as center and Britt as LG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Britt is a streaky player. At times he looks as if he is the best center in the game, and others he struggles. He's definitely better than most people here would like to admit. Not replacement level by any means.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He's an average Center but he stays healthy for the most part so I give him points for that. We need to find some young talented Guards that can win at the LOS .Fluker is fine when healthy but that's about half the time with the possibility of being out completely at any time . So if it were up to me i'd find 2 guards that have good size and coach and condition the crap out of them. Simmons looked like he could develop into one of them before the injury.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I would say his durability is worth the money we pay him alone, along with giving us at least average play pretty much every game he is in. Although everyone can always be upgraded, and if the situation arose I would definitely be on board with pursuing it.