Is Seahawks.net your favorite place to talk Seahawks online?

Is .NET your favorite place to talk Seahawks online?

• Yes

Votes: 69 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

Vesuve

Reaction score
Yes, the. NET is my fave.

I learn a lot from you folks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even though I bring absolutely nothing to the table, according to some, this is my favorite place to talk football w/out a doubt :irishdrinkers:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I often come here just to see what’s new. So definitely yes. I find social media sites like Seahawks Facebook pages full of uninformed, neophyte fans with very little understanding of football or Seahawks. Probably where most bandwagon fans go. Here I find pretty good discussions and I occasionally learn new things. Of course like any family, we have our drunk uncles who occasionally stir crap up. We have our family squabbles and dysfunctions.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Being here for at least 16 years and having read pretty much every other site , blog , vlog , and newspaper forum
This place is the shizzz
Here's to another 16 yrs.
Go Hawks

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wait, we have other options?

j/k.........for sure. You guys drive me crazy sometimes, but I can't quit you. I can't, I won't!.

chris98251

Reaction score
There are imitators but there is only one .Net, we are the envy of many others, thanks again to Todd and all the work done to get this place going after we went independent of hosting sites, even then we were the best due to the stubborn nature of our owner to let us be who we are and not mainstreamed to a commercial entity.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Two people have said other places but don't appear to have shared what those places are.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkGA":3jbavik4 said:
Two people have said other places but don't appear to have shared what those places are.

If we told you, we'd have to kill you.

I've already said too much, I was never here.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well if they don't have links to here you can't post a link to there is the rules, so you can figure it out from there :p

acer1240

Reaction score
I've been around almost since day 1. .net is my homepage.
It's my go to for anything Seahawks and NFL.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i've forgotten what this place used to be called, but 8-10 years ago (if memory serves), the same group of fans pretty much migrated to this url. this is the only place i go. well, maybe a little bit of espn for football in general, but pretty much all seahawks.net.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Yes... and No.

The negativity here gets overwhelming too often. When that happens I stay away and go elsewhere to talk Seahawks, but I've been here now for the better part of 18 years, so ya, .Net is the place for me.

chris98251

Reaction score
mrblitz":1rq16784 said:
i've forgotten what this place used to be called, but 8-10 years ago (if memory serves), the same group of fans pretty much migrated to this url. this is the only place i go. well, maybe a little bit of espn for football in general, but pretty much all seahawks.net.

https://www.scout.com/

They no longer have message boards it appears.

Before that Fanstop

Before that Seahawks99.com

Before that Seahawks98.com I beleive.

Correst my memory if wrong. :)

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":29tltq72 said:
Yes... and No.

The negativity here gets overwhelming too often. When that happens I stay away and go elsewhere to talk Seahawks, but I've been here now for the better part of 18 years, so ya, .Net is the place for me.
Same here. If we lose, I pretty much accept i won't have any online Seahawks discussion for the next week because everything is so negative.

I've been here since the days of Usenet when I participated here and in alt.sports.football.pro-sea-seahawks, and quit that forum after SB XL because it just became polluted with nothing but Steelers trolls.

To be honest I wouldn't call this my favourite Seahawks site, but it's my only one apart from a Facebook group primarily because I can't be bothered to acclimate to another site's group of knee-jerking asshats. Better the devil you know...

chris98251

Reaction score
The Negativity I just counter with argument challenging the post, being here from the 98 days as a member and having cut my teeth on the original .com board when it was no holds barred and a bloodbath most days after a loss making our Shack look like a Church prayer meeting these guys don't bother me as much, it probably bothers the staff more since most are not experienced in those days of blood letting. We have a whole new generation of people that have now grown up with social media and message boards etc. When we first started it was new and there was no rules and no protocols of acceptance, us old farts laid that ground work by mostly peer pressure and the board moderation learning how to cope with different types of posters.

That and as you get older your energy level you put into what you post and how you defend it changes, you mature and find that somethings are better left to play out on their own and the idiocy will show itself rather then a need to point it out and create a whole lot more dysfunction.

Then you have the stir stick or trolls and some people just will not be reasoned with no matter what evidence and arguemnts you bring in disputes what they are selling. You learn to see that and who they are, those posters lose and have no credibility to the board and usually just are glanced over to read the next post that brings something of merit.