Ricardo Lockette Got Over SB 49 "Pretty Easily"

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Was on Felger & Mazz ( Boston sports radio) today. He got over SB 49 "pretty easily". Him & Butler talked about the interception the following summer. "Life goes on" he says.

I am glad that scrub got over it so easily. He shouldn't be out there broadcasting how "easily" he got over it. Dude made zero effort on the pick.

Sorry I'm venting...

soxhawk

Reaction score
Hawker8989":22k6l8lx said:
Was on Felger & Mazz ( Boston sports radio) today. He got over SB 49 "pretty easily". Him & Butler talked about the interception the following summer. "Life goes on" he says.

I am glad that scrub got over it so easily. He shouldn't be out there broadcasting how "easily" he got over it. Dude made zero effort on the pick.

Sorry I'm venting...

Kinda gotta put that one on the front office and Pete. Dude like that'd never be signed by new England. I nominate him for the Ring of Dishonor.

Seymour

Reaction score
Scrub? I think not Lockette had some of the best all time special teams hits in franchise history! He was a role player put into a bad situation. Bevell 60% Pete (pass) 20% Lockette 10% Wilson 10%.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Last I checked, you were all buttmad at certain defensive players for NOT being able to get over it.

Championship mentality - you bounce back and move forward.

themunn

Reaction score
Yes I guess when you suffer a career ending injury which almost paralysed you and came not too far from killing you the same year, you can get over losing a game of football pretty easily.

Cirmman

Reaction score
themunn":1xxvy523 said:
Yes I guess when you suffer a career ending injury which almost paralysed you and came not too far from killing you the same year, you can get over losing a game of football pretty easily.

This :229031_shrug:

Pretty easily

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You have a couple choices, you get over it and grow from it. Or.....you act like a jack wagon like Sherm and others.....

soxhawk

Reaction score
Cirmman":15u3qrgj said:
themunn":15u3qrgj said:

This :229031_shrug:

Pretty easily

Huh? How are the two related? He got injured well after that summer he "got over it".

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I'm sure if you were in his position on that particular play it'll always be hard to swallow, but he never should've blamed himself to anyway because he should have never been put in that position to begin with.

Chapow

Reaction score
soxhawk":1mwas1j1 said:
Hawker8989":1mwas1j1 said:

Sorry I'm venting...

Kinda gotta put that one on the front office and Pete. Dude like that'd never be signed by new England. I nominate him for the Ring of Dishonor.

He was an UDFA that had the potential to be a very good WR and went on to be a difference maker on special teams. Any team would sign a dude like that, including New England.

But sure, New England would never sign a guy like that. But they would draft a guy in the 4th round with a mountain of red flags so huge that even though he was a top TE prospect many teams took him off their draft board altogether. Fights, arrests, multiple failed drug tests, massive character concerns including being described as "a lot to handle" and "unhinged". Then New England would go on to extend this guy a couple of years later, even though he continued to be "a lot to handle", to a 5 year $40 million contract not too long before he was arrested for, and then later convicted of, murder.

Any chance we can stop with the false narrative that New England is some perfect, infallible organization that never tolerates "problem players" and never makes any bad signings? It's beyond absurd.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'm glad he did. It is important to put things in perspective and realize that the result of any given sporting event are pretty inconsequential. Ricardo has a really healthy outlook on everything.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":3w3xsyc5 said:
soxhawk":3w3xsyc5 said:
Hawker8989":3w3xsyc5 said:

Sorry I'm venting...

He was an UDFA that had the potential to be a very good WR and went on to be a difference maker on special teams. Any team would sign a dude like that, including New England.

But sure, New England would never sign a guy like that. But they would draft a guy in the 4th round with a mountain of red flags so huge that even though he was a top TE prospect many teams took him off their draft board altogether. Fights, arrests, multiple failed drug tests, massive character concerns including being described as "a lot to handle" and "unhinged". Then New England would go on to extend this guy a couple of years later, even though he continued to be "a lot to handle", to a 5 year $40 million contract not too long before he was arrested for, and then later convicted of, murder.

Any chance we can stop with the false narrative that New England is some perfect, infallible organization that never tolerates "problem players" and never makes any bad signings? It's beyond absurd.

I could've been clearer in my response. The replay of that play in my mind got me all worked up.

I referenced NE only because he was on Boston sports radio talking about this (perhaps to give all the Patriots fans their jollies? I don't know).

What I meant to say was "He probably shouldn't have been on the field for what was the most important play in Seahawk's season if he was there for his ST play."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Butler made the play of his entire career. I moved on. Hell, it was one of the best Super Bowl's ever played. I've watched the game replay several times since. I merely delete the show or turn the channel right after Kearse' amazing circus catch and pretend in my parallel universe we won that game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, amazing football game. And Butler did make a hell of a play. And people want to gloss over the fact that the team gave up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. I was at the game, was extremely angry, but at some point you need to move on.

lukerguy

Reaction score
It's not Lockette's fault he was in that position. He's a one trick pony (speed), that's what made him a great gunner. Route running and hands were not his forte. That's on Bevell.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Any play that required moving Brandon Browner against his will needed to be scrapped. That was a major flaw in the design. I can't think of a more difficult CB to have had to play that against.

soxhawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":2wri2duc said:
It's not Lockette's fault he was in that position. He's a one trick pony (speed), that's what made him a great gunner. Route running and hands were not his forte. That's on Bevell.

Can also say Lockette really hasn't moved on if he agreed to go on Boston radio. What did he think they wanted to ask him about? All those punts he downed inside the 20?

But yes, on Bevell or Pete at the end of the day.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1voi7g7j said:
Scrub? I think not Lockette had some of the best all time special teams hits in franchise history! He was a role player put into a bad situation. Bevell 60% Pete (pass) 20% Lockette 10% Wilson 10%.
Interesting. I would have put Wilson's share much higher. Wilson threw to the wrong side of Lockette. He was throwing a leading pass when he needed to just hit the body where the ball would have been safe.

The leading pass gives more YAC possibility, but in traffic it's far more dangerous.

Seymour

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1xms4nxo said:
Seymour":1xms4nxo said:
Interesting. I would have put Wilson's share much higher. Wilson threw to the wrong side of Lockette. He was throwing a leading pass when he needed to just hit the body where the ball would have been safe.

The leading pass gives more YAC possibility, but in traffic it's far more dangerous.

Thats on you then.

Lockette was running 3/4 speed and was 1 of the fastest guys on the team. That is likely why it went to him. He runs full speed and that ball is dead on where it needs to be since he was crossing at 90 degress.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Crap block from Kearse, an really WEAK effort to be aggressive by Lockett and a throw that was a little high.
ALL of them contributed, I can't see how this is somehow more on Russ than the others. :roll: