Saints Want Wilson To Replace Brees?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Of course they do. I think almost every team in the league would love to have and utilize Russ to his fullest. :stirthepot:

Seymour

Reaction score
The sad thing is, Wilson would be is a far better position to maximize his strengths going to a team and coach like Sean Payton. :|

Wilson led the NFL in passing touchdowns in 2017 (34) and passer rating in 2015 (110.1), all while dealing with some of the worst offensive lines in recent NFL history.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If the Seahawks don't resign Wilson before he hits unrestricted, and he isn't franchise (likely he will be franchised) I'd like to see the Saints make a run at Wilson, if Brees does retire.

D

DomeHawk

Bigpumpkin":1y9hqz14 said:
I am fully confident that Russ and the Seahawk Brass will come to an agreement within a couple of months.

I hope you are right but I am not nearly as confident as you.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If we let Russ leave I just hope it's because we know who we want as our next QB and are confident in his ability to be as good as Russ.

Then again that's the same reason I have a hard time seeing that happen.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
DomeHawk":82gziceg said:
Bigpumpkin":82gziceg said:
I am fully confident that Russ and the Seahawk Brass will come to an agreement within a couple of months.

I hope you are right but I am not nearly as confident as you.

Can't understand why since PC did bring back Matt after that amazing win against the Saints. Ohhhh, right. :sarcasm_on:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Where in that article does it say the Saints want Wilson to replace Brees? I just read it as a Saints fan/writer is trying to find a replacement.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have yet to franchise anyone or use any type of tags since John took over.

seedhawk

Reaction score
As a Hawk fan, I want to see RW here for a long time. As a football fan, it could be tons of fun to watch RW function in Peyton's offense.

:sarcasm_on: What the hell, lets trade head coaches. :sarcasm_off:

Jville

Reaction score
As a side note ................

I think it hard to compare quarterback verses quarterback. It's not like a tennis comparison where they go head to head. I get the connection made in measured frame height and eye height which is lower to the ground than most quarterbacks and within 2 inches for each of these two. But, there are a lot of other aspects where these two quarterbacks are just different.

I've often toyed with thoughts as to which players are easier to block for. And of, which of these two quarterbacks facilitates/accommodates blocking more than the other. It's a question similar to which of the leagues running backs facilitate/accommodate run blocking the best. And, although I've come to favor one of these two quarterbacks as owning an edge over the other in that regard, Max Unger's thoughts on the subject would be of very great interest to me. It's a most inviting question for a retired Max Unger after he becomes available to reflect on his distinguished NFL career in both Seattle and New Orleans.

..................... back on topic. The Russell Wilson offense is built around Russell Wilson. And, he has become the master of that offense ..... in Seattle. Just as, Drew Brees has became the master of his offense in New Orleans.

John63

Reaction score
Jville":2uo763re said:

I think it hard to compare quarterback verses quarterback. It's not like a tennis comparison where they go head to head. I get the connection made in measured frame height and eye height which is lower to the ground than most quarterbacks and within 2 inches for each of these two. But, there are a lot of other aspects where these two quarterbacks are just different.

I've often toyed with thoughts as to which players are easier to block for. And of, which of these two quarterbacks facilitates/accommodates blocking more than the other. It's a question similar to which of the leagues running backs facilitate/accommodate run blocking the best. And, although I've come to favor one of these two quarterbacks as owning an edge over the other in that regard, Max Unger's thoughts on the subject would be of very great interest to me. It's a most inviting question for a retired Max Unger after he becomes available to reflect on his distinguished NFL career in both Seattle and New Orleans.

..................... back on topic. The Russell Wilson offense is built around Russell Wilson. And, he has become the master of that offense ..... in Seattle. Just as, Drew Brees has became the master of his offense in New Orleans.

I beg to differ the offense we run is not built around and for Wilson, this is the offense Pete wants to run and he has said so. The closest we have seen in the NFL of an offense built around and for Wilson was 2015. Just because someone can perform well in an offense does not mean it is built around or for them.

Jville

Reaction score
John63":2tqhkr3e said:
Jville":2tqhkr3e said:

I beg to differ the offense we run is not built around and for Wilson, this is the offense Pete wants to run and he has said so. The closest we have seen in the NFL of an offense built around and for Wilson was 2015. Just because someone can perform well in an offense doe snot mean it is built around or for them.

Plenty of room for differing opinions here at seahawk.net. This forum is wonderful in that regard.

Still, I'm looking forward to the prospect of hearing from Max Unger concerning his thoughts on the subject. He processes first hand on the field and in the locker room insight and experience with both offenses and both quarterbacks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":2tetz56o said:
John63":2tetz56o said:
Jville":2tetz56o said:

I beg to differ the offense we run is not built around and for Wilson, this is the offense Pete wants to run and he has said so. The closest we have seen in the NFL of an offense built around and for Wilson was 2015. Just because someone can perform well in an offense doe snot mean it is built around or for them.

Plenty of room for differing opinions here at seahawk.net. This forum is wonderful in that regard.

Still, I'm looking forward to the prospect of hearing from Max Unger concerning his thoughts on the subject. He processes first hand on the field and in the locker room insight and experience with both offenses and both quarterbacks.
My question to Unger would be do you still “short snap” your QB?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2ukh23t1 said:
Where in that article does it say the Saints want Wilson to replace Brees? I just read it as a Saints fan/writer is trying to find a replacement.

Agreed. Thread title is misleading.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It may not be feasible but I sure hope Russ plays his entire career as a Seahawk.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of course the Saints want Wilson to replace Brees. They can't have him. JS will not easily let him go, doing so would be a huge mistake.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1wlmrghp said:
We have yet to franchise anyone or use any type of tags since John took over.
Olindo Mare?