5 years ago today, the dream became a reality!!!!!

seabowl

Reaction score
XLVIII was 5 years ago today and I was lucky enough to be there. Bought my ticks on Stubhub for around $1500 the day of the game. Not sure if it seems longer or shorter than 5 years but I have the video to prove it actually happened.

:D Good memories.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XLVIII is my “happy place”. Total and complete domination rarely seen in a Super Bowl or championship game! :0190l:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nirvana for 12's for the rest of our lives!! Time to bring out the Blue Ray DVD! :vodka: :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

StouffersPizza

Reaction score
....and 4 years ago came the most devastating defeat in Super Bowl history, which basically made everyone except Seattle fans, forget all about the previous year's victory against choking dog old man Manning, lol.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That day 5 years ago was one of the best days of my life! The start of the second half was the beginning of the celebration. Thanks Percy that was the best thing you did as a Seahawks player.

Funny how a football team game can affect your mood. I was on cloud nine and rising. What a totally awesome experience. 43-8 screw the negative folks.

XLIX was also pretty special until "the play" losing by 4 sucked more than ever because defeat was snatched from victory. The hangover from that stil is being felt here. Another SB W will cure everything.
:rumble:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
StouffersPizza":285qrf8x said:
....and 4 years ago came the most devastating defeat in Super Bowl history, which basically made everyone except Seattle fans, forget all about the previous year's victory against choking dog old man Manning, lol.

And then you post it in a new thread?

Cool

Anyone forget 43-8? Anyone? The blowout of historys best offensive team?

Yeah... dont think too many forgot

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's time to move on.

Bevell is gone, and so is Cable. The new coaches are a significant improvement. In result while somewhat one dimensional last season, and for now, but not forever, the team showed promise towards being a championship team again.

Let's never forget XLVIII, as if you could; and equally the distress resulting from XLIX is hard to put behind yourself as well. but it's now and the future doesn't look bad at all.

The team has seen the promised land, there are pieces here than can take them back to that. I'm excited for the prospects going forward.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
StouffersPizza":28dbxjzh said:

Nice way to shit on a thread Mr. 8 posts.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I had to teach a class (I'm an online college instructor and for one of the schools we have a one hour seminar once a week). The class started about a half hour or so into the game and ended about halftime. I couldn't decide if I should just wait to watch the game until after class or if I should go ahead and watch what I could. My concern was that I would be too amped up to do class. But of course I opted to watch the start of the game and H.O.L.Y Crap! When that fumble/safety happened I lost it. Still went and taught though. Had to wait a while to see all the cool stuff I missed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":2zeecfmh said:
I had to teach a class (I'm an online college instructor and for one of the schools we have a one hour seminar once a week). The class started about a half hour or so into the game and ended about halftime. I couldn't decide if I should just wait to watch the game until after class or if I should go ahead and watch what I could. My concern was that I would be too amped up to do class. But of course I opted to watch the start of the game and H.O.L.Y Crap! When that fumble/safety happened I lost it. Still went and taught though. Had to wait a while to see all the cool stuff I missed.
Who schedules a class on Super Bowl Sunday??? Online or not, someone dropped the ball.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It was nice of the NFL to script a win for us that year.

/sarcasm. 8)

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3k03dr2m said:
HawkGA":3k03dr2m said:
Who schedules a class on Super Bowl Sunday??? Online or not, someone dropped the ball.

No shit. I've had to teach that class twice during the Super Bowl. Both were three Seahawks' Super Bowls.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":28rv59du said:
Sports Hernia":28rv59du said:
HawkGA":28rv59du said:

No shit. I've had to teach that class twice during the Super Bowl. Both were three Seahawks' Super Bowls.
You are a better employee than me. I would have called in sick. 8)

misfit

Reaction score
StouffersPizza":3psgspt1 said:

Please go away.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":rapu03nn said:
HawkGA":rapu03nn said:

I scheduled myself to work.

On purpose.

Then it turned out to be a masterclass in defensive football, leaving me wishing I'd watched it.