Top 10 MOST DEVASTATING SUPER BOWL LOSSES IN HISTORY

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I’ll tell you what, it sucked, but it would have been a million times worse if we hadn’t already won one. So thank goodness for that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":22ihhdcl said:
I’ll tell you what, it sucked, but it would have been a million times worse if we hadn’t already won one. So thank goodness for that.

Preferred losing that way than the falcons loss... titans on the 1... tyree catch (they were 18-0)... bills missed FG, or the massive failures of just about every AFC team in the 90s. .

The hawks loss wasnt that bad. One moment. Avoidable, but not certain. Great game, always in the balance. Its just a lazy narrative

uncle fester

Reaction score
I dunno, losing a 10 point lead in the SuperBowl wouldn't sting as bad as losing a 25 point lead.

In a bar that night, with that 10 point Seahawk lead, I said to a Pats fan that I didn't think the game was over. I did think the Falcons had their trophy sewn up though - before they lost the plot.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ihztz0m said:

Exactly. For me, XL was felt much, much worse because prior to that I never thought I'd see the Seahawks in a Super Bowl in my lifetime, so I thought that was our one and only shot.

For my money, it's the Falcons in a landslide. Never won one and it's beyond laughable how they blew that.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Tell ya how positive I am.......I actually clicked on it expecting to see 43-8 not that. When I think of a "devastating loss" I think of getting your ass whooped with no chance at all, not a close game. :irishdrinkers:

Go Hawks!!!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
XL was 1,000Xs worse. I can’t believe it’s not on the list.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
XLIX is not even the Seahawks most devastating Super Bowl loss.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I agree with all here.

That was not the Most Devastating Owl loss. I think XL was FAR worse and FAR more painful than any Owl ever. As for that list, the Falcons LI was THE most devastating. Simply because it was over at halftime.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3b5lvp02 said:
XL was 1,000Xs worse. I can’t believe it’s not on the list.

This ^, a thousand times This^
But the reason it wasn't on the list---The NFL INTENTIONALLY omitted it from the list, as it was a game that EXPO$ED them for their dishonesty--- They'd hoped that everyone would just forget.
I also agree with the Poster back up the hill, that the Seahawks should have been on that list for the ->43 to 8<- ass whoppin' on Payton Manning & the Donkos.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I stopped watching the NFL for years after XL* that game was fixed, no one will ever convince me otherwise

Fade

Reaction score
XL was damn bad.

XLIX was way worse though because if the Seahawks don't make the worst play call in SuperBowl history they are the champs. They had control of their own destiny.

It broke up a would be dynasty. And now years later we will get to watch the 30 for 30 on it. The Dynasty that never was. Waaaaay Worse.

XL they never had a chance. They never had control of their own destiny. As Levy was going to make sure Pittsburgh was winning that game no matter what. Just ask his bookie.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fade":b6axs6e8 said:
XL was damn bad.

XLIX was way worse though because if the Seahawks don't make the worst play call in SuperBowl history they are the champs. They had control of their own destiny.

It broke up a would be dynasty. And now years later we will get to watch the 30 for 30 on it. The Dynasty that never was. Waaaaay Worse.

XL they never had a chance. They never had control of their own destiny. As Levy was going to make sure Pittsburgh was winning that game no matter what. Just ask his bookie.

Oh hell no ^, this is pure speculation ^, the Seahawks were far and away the better team playing in SB XL, BUT, It wasn't won nor was it lost on that 'One Play', "Defense Wins Championships"? Aren't they just as responsible for that loss?
Sherman had a sour ass snivel-face when we lost, BUT, he was just as CULPABLE for that loss as the "Failed Play" by Lockette....There was NO GUARANTEE that Marshawn Lynch would have put that game away either, Zilch---None, Nada.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TBH I thought we ran far more stupid plays in the playoff loss to the Cowboys this year than any of the plays in SBXLIX.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3lcgcu42 said:
TBH I thought we ran far more stupid plays in the playoff loss to the Cowboys this year than any of the plays in SBXLIX.

Fully agree. A game full of poor decisions made me much more upset than 1.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Fade":2fiiddqk said:
XL was damn bad.

This 100000%

Seymour

Reaction score
Sweet!!

Hopefully we get a shot at #2 this year also! :twisted:

:sarcasm_off: