Nobody has mentioned him so

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Here's my sleeper breakout candidate for 2020, a bigger, faster, smarter, Poona Ford
http://www.nfl.com/player/poonaford/2561195/careerstats

I agree our biggest need is dline but i think we can supplement a little with 1 yr prove it vet deals we have some nice young speedy rushers. Poona was learning this year and at times was living in the backfield, another solid run stuffer and we'll be in good shape there I think, Poona is going to take a leap next year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think Ford and Green will be pleasant contributors next year. I don't really expect any draft pick to have much of an impact, but I think considerable contribution from those two could make the Dline a considerable strength next season.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
HawkGA":38s60rep said:
I think Ford and Green will be pleasant contributors next year. I don't really expect any draft pick to have much of an impact, but I think considerable contribution from those two could make the Dline a considerable strength next season.

^ This

Donn2390

Reaction score
SNDavidson":13jg2r86 said:
Here's my sleeper breakout candidate for 2020, a bigger, faster, smarter, Poona Ford

I agree our biggest need is dline but i think we can supplement a little with 1 yr prove it vet deals we have some nice young speedy rushers. Poona was learning this year and at times was living in the backfield, another solid run stuffer and we'll be in good shape there I think, Poona is going to take a leap next year.
How could anyone not pull for a guy named Poona? He is a "Can't Miss"..!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Ford was my 2018 adopt-a-rookie.

He had 13 tackles (3 for loss - 23%) over 231 snaps 5.6%, as a rookie undrafted free agent. Give him some time and experience and he should be a valuable asset.

For comparison purposes, DeForest Buckner, the 7th overall pick in 2016 and by far the highest tackle-count for a defensive tackle last year had 67 tackles (17 for loss - 25%) over 852 snaps 7.8%.

Adjusted for snap counts, that would be 48 tackles, 11 for loss.

That's some amazing production for his humble beginnings.

Seymour

Reaction score
Donn2390":3ftw3ade said:
SNDavidson":3ftw3ade said:

How could anyone not pull for a guy named Poona? He is a "Can't Miss"..!

LOL. Oddly enough I have to agree with this. Besides that, he fits the "chip mold", so I like to pull for the underdogs anyway. :2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
He uses his frame as an advantage. He gets leverage and gets under people's pads and sets well.

I, too am looking forward to his 2d season and expect good things from him.

:2thumbs:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Liked what he brought this past year and looking forward to him taking the next step. We need more consistent run stuffers and Poona is our Tuna!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Pete has said Poona will be competing for a starting spot next year.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Dissly Dissly Dissly...

Prepare for the best tight end we've had in a long time to come back and destroy people.

niveky

Reaction score
BigMeach":141gql1z said:
Dissly Dissly Dissly...

Prepare for the best tight end we've had in a long time to come back and destroy people.

I am for sure not sleeping on him. After his first game in tearing it up I am excited to see his potential..that injury really sucked...

HawkGA

Reaction score
niveky":3u2jz45n said:
BigMeach":3u2jz45n said:
Dissly Dissly Dissly...

I am for sure not sleeping on him. After his first game in tearing it up I am excited to see his potential..that injury really sucked...

I'm guessing will still be another year before he comes back fully. I expect he'll play next year but will only be so-so. Perhaps might come on late in the season, which would be awesome.

Zeearend

Reaction score
HawkGA":brigmxxk said:
niveky":brigmxxk said:
BigMeach":brigmxxk said:
Dissly Dissly Dissly...

I'm guessing will still be another year before he comes back fully. I expect he'll play next year but will only be so-so. Perhaps might come on late in the season, which would be awesome.

I am afraid you are probably right. So disappointing to see him go out after just four games. Really hope he gets back to full health.

toffee

Reaction score
niveky":y79p3j3z said:
BigMeach":y79p3j3z said:
Dissly Dissly Dissly...

He needs to healthy of course, but also need major improvement to his game. Of the games he played, his production dropped once defense game planted against him. Love his potential, but needs work.

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":2qmqdux9 said:
niveky":2qmqdux9 said:
BigMeach":2qmqdux9 said:
Dissly Dissly Dissly...

He needs to healthy of course, but also need major improvement to his game. Of the games he played, his production dropped once defense game planted against him. Love his potential, but needs work.

Also have to remember he didn't have Baldwin pulling defenders from him, we used him a lot and teams started to key on him, nobody else had stepped up yet.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Zeearend":1bkfks3y said:
HawkGA":1bkfks3y said:
niveky":1bkfks3y said:
BigMeach":1bkfks3y said:
Dissly Dissly Dissly...

I am afraid you are probably right. So disappointing to see him go out after just four games. Really hope he gets back to full health.

I agree, it really sucked. However the injury he has it is very possible he plays a lot this year. 4-6 months is time to return to activity, then it's just a matter of how healthy is he. My real worry is if it continues to nag or not, pattela tendon can be weakened for some even after full recovery.

Latest posts