Define Success For 2019

What do you consider a success for the Seahawks in 2019?

• Super Bowl champs. Nothing less.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • NFC Champions.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Earn a first week bye with the #1 or #2 seed in the NFC.

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Win at least one playoff game.

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • Be competitive into January.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Stay healthy!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (read my comments)

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think for me this season anything short of a playoff victory is falling short. This team is young and with Wilson at the helm there should be no less than 10 wins. I am thinking 11-12 this year. To not be greedy, a playoff win. Anything else is gravy. I think this team has one last Super Bowl shot in them with Pete. Might be a year or so away.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm right in that same area, at least one playoff win. I think they are CAPABLE of getting to the NFC Championship game, and I agree they will be a contender again, very soon. It feels like 2020 they will very much be loaded up and ready for a Super Bowl run. But I expect 11-5 and a playoff win, maybe even two.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah definitely on the same page. 10-6 is the low end, 12-4 is the high end. 11-5 feels about right. This team is loading up and they have that magic ESSENTIAL Pete Carroll ingredient of BUYING IN.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They just need to get back to finishing consistently like they did in the back to back Superb Owl years. With Russ under center, they are going to be in most or all the games they play.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Seahawks are still transitioning on the fly for one more season season.

For my money, holding serve and making the playoffs again through that transition would be success.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm not sure I expect a lot of improvement this season over last season. I think there will be some natural improvement as younger players are more experienced but that's going to be true of most teams. 10-6 is about right, maybe 11-5. 12-4 or better is pretty rarefied air. I wouldn't necessarily expect that kind of improvement. If they can snap the division then they get a playoff game at home, which should be a win.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":rgmb14id said:
The Seahawks are still transitioning on the fly for one more season season.

For my money, holding serve and making the playoffs again through that transition would be success.

Its where im at.

Playoff appearance would be a good season

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think we should see a jump this year. We already were 10-6 and made a playoff game this past year. I would think with the additional chemistry and talent that 11-5 is very plausible...12-4/13-3 is the rarefied air...Definitely not impossible but unlikely unless it's one of those seasons where everything goes as planned.

kf3339

Reaction score
I chose win at least one playoff win. Of course, if that means we had a first round bye and the win gets us into the NFC championship even better! :irishdrinkers:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I chose 1 playoff win, but I also recognise we're in a competitive division that we'll struggle to win. We can only control the outcome of two games against each of our division mates, so it will be what it will be.

Seymour

Reaction score
Success. :|

Seeing an offensive game plan that takes advantage of the other teams weakness other than run run pass punt.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Winning a playoff game IMO. Team won't look much different than last year, hoping for 1 or 2 more wins with the guys who were thrown into starting roles last year improving. Think this roster is still likely a season away from a serious NFC push, especially with the looming contracts and lack of draft picks this year. Last season was removing bad apples and eating poor contracts, this year feels more like the first step towards Pete's Seahawks 2.0 ala 2012. Lesser known guys becoming stars, finding guys who fit specific roles under rocks to round out the roster.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Make and play competitively in a non-wildcard playoff game.

(Also score TDs in the first half reasonably often through the regular season)

HawkSince87

Reaction score
I don’t think any team can really say your measure of success is Super Bowl win and nothing else, or even NFC championship win (even though that’s what I voted.)

The NFL is just too difficult week in and week out.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Looking at the opponents for next season, I think 11-5 or even 12-4 is more reasonable than I initially thought. I think 7-1 is reasonable (basically 2 at-risk games with Rams and Saints, assume the Hawks win one and lose one). That means 4 or 5 victories on the road, which I think is possible given the opponents (AZ, 9ers, CAR, CLE, ATL look like best potential wins, with the likely losses being Rams, Eagles, and Pitt).

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... onents-set

Looking at the Rams schedule (basically the same except they get the Cowboys instead of Eagles and the Hawks get the Vikings instead of the Bears), I have a hard time seeing them do worse than 12-4, unless they fall apart. Could very well see a situation like this year where the Hawks end up on the road as a wild card team playing a team that isn't as good but that teams gets the benefit of being at home.

HawkGA

Reaction score
HawkSince87":148buyy0 said:
I don’t think any team can really say your measure of success is Super Bowl win and nothing else, or even NFC championship win (even though that’s what I voted.)

You mean other than the Patriots, right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Success to me next year will be for us to continue to build the next great defense and give the Rams a more serious run at the NFC West.

What will that look like idk. IMO we overachieved a little in 2018, so I honestly don't think our record will be that much better, not with only having four picks to build, trade down, whatever........and most of our cap going to trying to extend Russell, Frank, Reed and Bobby over the next two years, AND address some major holes still (DB, safety, D-line, LB).

Still think it's going to take two more years for us to be serious conference and SB contenders.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's Wilson's last year with the team, so better be a SB win. :twisted:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":3nch1jso said:
HawkSince87":3nch1jso said:

You mean other than the Patriots, right?
The Patriots have the #1 coach and #1 QB in a division where the mediocrity of QBs is only matched by the mediocrity of head coaches on all the other teams. The only time the Patriots don't run away with their division is when they stumble - they have no fear of their division mates actually becoming any good. In the past 10 seasons, only 3 AFC East teams apart from the Patriots have won 10 or more games.

Lack of division competition goes a long way toward establishing home-field advantage.