Malik McDowell Released

jmahon316

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1101955688325099520[/tweet]

endzorn

Reaction score
That leaves a big hole on the NFI list. Hopefully Seattle will use another 2nd round pick on someone they can stash on the NFI for two years.

Seymour

Reaction score
Wouldn't he need to actually start a football career in order to "continue" one? :roll: :pukeface:

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":21itwt6u said:
Wouldn't he need to actually start a football career in order to "continue" one? :roll: :pukeface:

I thought he changed careers to Motocross................ :p

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Thought he was done a year ago? He actually got paid last year? Sometimes the risk is not worth the reward. A real bad pick for the FO.

warden

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3pc247b8 said:
Thought he was done a year ago? He actually got paid last year? Sometimes the risk is not worth the reward. A real bad pick for the FO.

The pick was not the problem. It was the unfortunate circumstances after we picked him that was the problem . The team does not have crystal ball. They don’t make their decisions with the 20 20 hind sight that you make your opinions with

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Good riddance.

If the truth to what REALLY happened to him ever comes out I am sure the Hawks can go after some of their contract money because the story he kept saying over and over was not verifiable and 100% fiction IMO.

Assuming the NFL allows it, EVERY contract the Hawks ever signs a player with again will have some language in it to help prevent a MM version 2.0 from ever occurring on their dime.

What a waste of money and time.

GO HAWKS!!!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
warden":riwhyhu8 said:
Cyrus12":riwhyhu8 said:

The pick was not the problem. It was the unfortunate circumstances after we picked him that was the problem . The team does not have crystal ball. They don’t make their decisions with the 20 20 hind sight that you make your opinions with

Not really...the warning signs were there with this guy. Win some lose some but it definitely hurt the team.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
12HawkFan":2d4g5o2p said:
Good riddance.

If the truth to what REALLY happened to him ever comes out I am sure the Hawks can go after some of their contract money because the story he kept saying over and over was not verifiable and 100% fiction IMO.

Assuming the NFL allows it, EVERY contract the Hawks ever signs a player with again will have some language in it to help prevent a MM version 2.0 from ever occurring on their dime.

What a waste of money and time.

GO HAWKS!!!
I'm not one to kick a guy when he's down but, in this case, McDowell, has got to be one of the most boneheaded football "players" of all-time!

You just got signed for millions of dollars and you decide to go ATV riding???!!

This was a serious lapse of judgment and whoever was in his social circle that possibly encouraged these types of activities need to be removed from his life permanently.

Like seriously.

Seattle is still feeling the impact of this waste of draft pick.

I'm still upset.

Smh.

kf3339

Reaction score
Cyrus12":hy6lbzus said:
warden":hy6lbzus said:
Cyrus12":hy6lbzus said:

Not really...the warning signs were there with this guy. Win some lose some but it definitely hurt the team.

Yep, there were plenty of red flags with him both on and off the field. PC and JS thought they could get him right. It was a complete waste of time and a high value pick. To think they could have taken TJ Watt with their original pick and we wouldn't be sitting here wondering who was going to play opposite of Frank Clark on passing downs. Think about that for a moment.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
kf3339":n38xurb8 said:
Cyrus12":n38xurb8 said:
warden":n38xurb8 said:
Cyrus12":n38xurb8 said:

Yep, there were plenty of red flags with him both on and off the field. PC and JS thought they could get him right. It was a complete waste of time and a high value pick. To think they could have taken TJ Watt with their original pick and we wouldn't be sitting here wondering who was going to play opposite of Frank Clark on passing downs. Think about that for a moment.

Funny that you mention Frank Clark, who also had issues before he was drafted. Clark and Malik were both physically gifted with mental question marks. Clark worked out, Malik didn't, luck of the draw. All draft picks are a risk...pretty ridiculous the flack Pete and John get for the Malik pick, like everyone saw an ATV accident coming a mile away.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Here's the thread about McDowell being drafted if anybody would like to go back and see how many posters predicted a career ending ATV incident before he played his first NFL snap. My recollection is that the posters who saw it coming notified everybody just after it happened.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3h1wqomv said:
kf3339":3h1wqomv said:
Cyrus12":3h1wqomv said:
warden":3h1wqomv said:

Funny that you mention Frank Clark, who also had issues before he was drafted. Clark and Malik were both physically gifted with mental question marks. Clark worked out, Malik didn't, luck of the draw. All draft picks are a risk...pretty ridiculous the flack Pete and John get for the Malik pick, like everyone saw an ATV accident coming a mile away.

I think the problem is that the Hawks needed to score something decent with that pick due to an impending rebuild and picks being traded or misused in previous drafts. This was perhaps one of those times when you go a bit safe. Clark was drafted when this team was still a sb contender. Regardless this pick hurt the the teams development and rebuild.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
AgentDib":1jlxtq08 said:
Here's the thread about McDowell being drafted if anybody would like to go back and see how many posters predicted a career ending ATV incident before he played his first NFL snap. My recollection is that the posters who saw it coming notified everybody just after it happened.

Its also fun to remember the people who were pissed we traded the 31st pick to the Niners instead of drafting Reuben Foster.

getnasty

Reaction score
Super unlucky, people saying there were signs is laughable. Had he came in and not gave it his all and flop for that reason sure but an atv accident?

rjdriver

Reaction score
New England will sign him to a minimum deal and he will become a Pro Bowler.....

I wish I was joking but it’s New England and I have no doubt they signed a Faustian bargain at some point...

rjdriver

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":njp6as79 said:
AgentDib":njp6as79 said:

Its also fun to remember the people who were pissed we traded the 31st pick to the Niners instead of drafting Reuben Foster.

LOL. What kind of idiot would be so dumb to not see.....

Oh Wait...

Never mind. Excuse me while I crawl under the same rock I used to hide from wanting to draft Mark Sanchez.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm in the minority but I don't call it a dumb pick. I actually loved the gamble when they made it. Top of the draft talent in the second round with Pete being one of the best at getting the most out of guys like Mcdowell. I think Ifedi was a dumb pick but Malik wasn't.....just unfortunate turn of events but I loved and still love the gamble. So many players miss so why not take shots at elite talents when they fall.