Do You Trust John Schneider?

MO Hawk

Reaction score
A year ago this time the team and coaches were being completely dismantled. It was around this time that Richard Sherman and Jimmy Graham were gone and I didn't see how, with all the changes, we would win many games in the new season? Turns out he knew what he was doing and we had a great season compared to what it could have been.

Now we start off FA again with no big splash and losing some key players from last year. The anxiety I felt last year is back.

Does John Schneider know what he's doing? Yes, I think he does. It is just a roller coaster of emotions during the off season while he's doing his stuff.

Can't wait to see what next year brings, but still hate the off season.

lobohawk

Reaction score
The Hawks are just finishing off their hangover from trying to make one last run with the old crew and the Malik fallout. Lost too much draft capital in that time. Last year was top shelf from a GM perspective. Great draft and well thought out signings.

James in PA

Reaction score
Of course I trust John (and Pete). They haven’t nailed it every time, but take the Patriots out of the equation and we’ve had just as much if not more success than any other team during their time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2gqkidif said:
This is how Madden and Fantasy Football are ruining the world...
:ditto: What he said. And yeah, I trust JS.

bighawk

Reaction score
Yes this is the same GM that drafted Chancellor Sherman and Maxwell and built a super bowl champion. Malik was a bust on his own no one told him to ride a vehicle without a helmet. He did it to himself. If he hadnt got hurt he would have been a stalwart on the d-line. I got faith in our front office.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
lobohawk":2qkou803 said:
The Hawks are just finishing off their hangover from trying to make one last run with the old crew and the Malik fallout. Lost too much draft capital in that time.

Draft capital? The only significant draft capital we're missing right now - our 2nd-round pick - was spent on Duane Brown. There's not a single person on this board, except myself, who was even slightly opposed to that trade. "Whatever it takes, fix the O-line!" said everyone and their mother. All rules of frugality seem to go out the window when the OL is concerned.

The sixth rounder wasted on Brett Hundley kinda hurt, but not as much as that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Do You Trust John Schneider?

Totally!

He just needs to keep Pete reigned in, from the Big Balls Pete, go for broke roster messing around.

It appears the team has a plan and is sticking to it.

Now let's see him fill those last few holes in the roster and do his 'Trader John' thing in the draft.

endzorn

Reaction score
No I don’t trust him! There is no reason we can’t cut dead weight veterans like Baldwin, Wagner and Brown so we have the necessary space to sign stars like Za’Darius Smith, Funchess and Suggs. Think of how much better we would be!

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Love the guy, but way too many misses over the past several years. Gotta get back to "always competing" to be the best GM. I still believe he can.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
No. All the evidence that he is an above average GM comes from years and years ago. This regime had a brief moment where they made lots of amazingly good decisions (Luck? Scott Mclaughlin? PC's time in the college ranks giving him a heads up?) but they have not done so since. The same people who say they trust John would have been spouting "In Ruskell we trust!" back in the day (it was a VERY popular way to respond to criticisms back then). The Hawks are my team whether they are good or not but I'm not gonna deny reality. No trust in Schneider at all.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Schneider is the man and will be till he decides to leave.

Outside of Belichick it would be hard to name one GM that's doing a better job of each year of keeping his team competitive.

knownone

Reaction score
Honestly, I can’t think of a person I’d trust more in the NFL. John Schneider completely changed how NFL teams approach team building, and now over half the teams in the league are following his blueprint. He took some risks early on and he made mistakes. People need to remember that John is still a young GM, and as long as he learns from his mistakes we’ll be fine.

We’ve got one of the 5 best GMs in the league and he’s still getting better.

lukerguy

Reaction score
JS is good, but not great. We're lucky to have good. I'll take good over mediocre or poor any day, and we've definitely have poor :) (Aaron Curry).

Scot Mcloughlin is great, however. Hawks drafting was great under him, and is great everywhere he goes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has done WAY more good than bad as a GM. People dwell on the bad decisions, but every GM in the league makes their share of bad guesses on guys.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3obez3m2 said:
He has done WAY more good than bad as a GM. People dwell on the bad decisions, but every GM in the league makes their share of bad guesses on guys.

This. Too many fans expect perfection but even Belichek makes terrible draft decisions and trades (letting Coleman go for instance).

Roster building in the salary cap era is tough because you need to score big in the draft which has always been a crapshoot. Lots of misses from teams everywhere.

You have to either believe that Schneider is a good GM and Carroll is a good coach or Schneider is a bad GM and Carroll is a phenomenal coach. If they were both mediocre we wouldn't have the success we've had.

mrt144

Reaction score
I think JS is above average but has higher variance. It's basically feast or famine - Really good players or complete head scratchers.