BAD SPELLING

Does spelling player names correctly matter?

• Yes

Votes: 52 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Does your job require you to ever actually work??

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Because it matters to some, and not at all to others ---- let's settle this once and for all.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Meh...who gives a crap...if it's close who cares. Russall Wilszon gonna be good this year!

chris98251

Reaction score
I fat finger the keyboard a lot and insert characters, transpose letters etc., we are not taking a college entrance exam here, if you are so anal that you have to point out every little transgression and have that type of time to burn dumping on others for typos and grammar then more power to you, I think it's a waste of time and energy.

Besides if your so smart you can figure out who I am talking about anyway right?

Goh Seehahks !!!!!

:)

I know Roland put Hawkstorian up to this ...............

JSeahawks

Reaction score
To me, the folks who point out the spelling and grammar mistakes are way more annoying than the idiots making them.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
So far YES wins the poll but NO wins the comments. Interesting. Spelling Shamers wish to remain anonymous!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Typos happen. Sometimes names are screwy. I'm a fairly sharp guy and yet I was reading back through old facebook posts and realized how many errors I had. Usually not typos, but just full on words that weren't supposed to be in the post.

I care more about grammar than I do about things spelling.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Most misspelled names are not typos they are just not making an attempt to learn the player's actual name which is why I find it annoying.

If you make a their/there error or a clear typo I don't care about that.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Just the simple ones like Russel, Cam, etc. That's not a mistake, that's just stupidity.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Everyone screws up and it doesn't hurt anyone to be reminded of the right spellin' now and then.

With my fat fingers and my untrained 2 finger typing or 5 words/minute typing rate with 50% error I'm surprised I can type anything remotely comprehensible.

The players names are however on the board neatly organized with the roster page, so excuses work out to laziness or something like that unless the mistake was just a mistake.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Let's draw the line between typographical errors and misspellings.

The first is accidental and could happen with any word, name or not.

The second comes from a few different areas, from laziness and ignorance to disrespect and even racism. For laziness and ignorance, as fans we should know better and put in the effort. Disrespect and racism are obviously insulting and intolerable.

So on that basis I don't see how misspelling a player's name is justifiable.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Meh, no big deal to me but I will admit that spelling Kam’s name wrong did get on my last nerve. I mean there is Kam and there is Cam. Seahawk fans should know this. :34853_doh:

raisethe3

Reaction score
With copy and paste function these days, there's no reason why you can't do it.

dbmack

Reaction score
Having gone through my whole life having my name misspelled (and mispronounced) I make it a point to get names right.

HawkSince87

Reaction score
As long as it’s clear who is being talked about and it doesn’t interrupt natural comprehension then no, it doesn’t matter. Stop being a loser and pointing out every little typo.