Interesting to watch this assembly

chris98251

Reaction score
Seeing us fill the line issues, Kicker and now Linebackers and knowing what we have from last year in the secondary so far I see need being Slot, FS, Big WR, DT, DE, and then of course the depth and assembly of next man up guys on PS,

We are not done in F.A yet so those needs can shrink as well, but not sitting to bad so far.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Whose available at those places of need? Any interesting names?

Fade had a list yesterday i thought

ttown0026

Reaction score
I am very happy with the moves the Hawks have made this offseason.

At first I was a bit skeptical, but after today they really stepped it up.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We need help in the secondary really badly imo. Way too many holes at this point. Not sure if drafting high for this or not. A big WR is what we want every year it seems.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Sure glad were not one of those splash teams that keeps ending up in cap hell
Very pleased so far
We may even be able to resign everyone and get some new pass rush faces
What a day
Go Hawks

Schadie001

Reaction score
I think Our most glaring need is on the DL/DE. Rotation is key to
Keeping constant pressure on the QB. Our Secondary is in good shape, although losing Colman leaves a gap. But Flowers, Griffin and Mcdougal are solid. Thompson or Hill aren’t elite but not trash either, not worth breaking the bank on a Berry
Type player. We will bring in WR’a via draft or Udfa to fill gaps as well as compensation to fill other slots. We are in dam good shape as a team.

poly1274

Reaction score
Uncle Si":27udusfe said:
Whose available at those places of need? Any interesting names?

Fade had a list yesterday i thought

1. DE Bruice Irvin or Ziggy Ansah. Ziggy gets injured often so I can see 1 year deal for both of them.

Many DT and Linebackers.

getnasty

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin, Timmy Jerrigan, Bryce Callahan, Tre Boston, Ziggy Ansah, and ASJ are all guys that intrigue me.

Reaction score
I want us to sign Suh at DT! He was really coming on towards the end last year! Mean attitude! I swear I remember seeing a picture of him as a young lad wearing a Seahawks shirt but I try to find it now n it doesn't show up!, Of course if the price is right!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I dont know if any of the DL left are worth signing. In such a deep draft it seems to make more sense to sign other positions and use our picks to get strong DL on cap friendly contracts.

Suh is meh to me. He takes an awful lot of plays off and he saw very little double teams thanks to AD

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
There are a lot of not big name guys out there we can pull in at DT, we have a way with that position also, DE I think is where depth is needed, we have bodies that were progressing last year and may step up, but the return for a Name guy and what it will cost us some place else I don't think will be worth it. Maybe the draft will help, but again we have limitations with quantity of picks at this point and some holes that could use a tilt the field guy especially at Safety and maybe WR.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Our biggest need is definitely the DL, seeing opposing RB's have gaping holes, and opposing QB's making coffee in the pocket was frustrating to watch. I'd like to see them grab a couple DT's and CB's in FA.

FS, DE, and WR are additions I'd like to see in the draft.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1oi29jlw said:
I dont know if any of the DL left are worth signing. In such a deep draft it seems to make more sense to sign other positions and use our picks to get strong DL on cap friendly contracts.

Suh is meh to me. He takes an awful lot of plays off and he saw very little double teams thanks to AD

Donald set career highs in sack and tfl, and not just set career highs he decimated his sack totals, there is no debating Donalds the best in the game but he didn't just about double his production without some help. They definitely weren't coverage sacks that made up the difference, the secondary was getting gouged week in week out. Suh would be the one player who could dramatically change up this defense, more so than any of the fa's that were available imo, how much better are Reed and Clark going to be with him in there, how much better will the secondary look with those guys getting pressure on qbs sooner. I don't know if they could make the money work but id love to see it

truehawksfan

Reaction score
If the season started today...
Offense
LT -Browm
LG -Iupati
C -Britt
RG -Fluker
RT -Ifedi
TE1 -Dickson
TE2 -Fant
RB -Carson/Penny
QB -Wilson
WRS -Baldwin/Lockett/Moore

Defense
DE -Clark (If he signs the tag). If not, Green?
DT -Reed
DT -Ford
DE -Jones/Jefferson
OLB -Wright (Kendricks is awaiting his sentence)
MLB -Wagner
OLB -Mingo
CB -Flowers
CB -Griffin
Slot -King
S -McDougald
S -Thompson or Hill

After looking at the starters, I echo our primary needs. A 3rd WR, DT, Edge Rusher, Nickel, and S.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
What I would love to see but give about a 1% chance of happening is acquiring Suh and making him Red Bryant 5-tech, we all thought Bryant was dominant stopping the run. The secret was he was a big man with feet. Suh at this point in his career is a big athletic man with good feet. Could be dominant #1 Run D with that old red bryan front, poona/reed in middle, and clark on the other side with our three crazy linebackers flying around.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
What are the odds this is our new FS?:
[youtube]hxXFmdQ-4gM[/youtube]

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Good point, Pete wouldn't spend the pick just for his special teams ability, they seem to like him. The pick was more than a 7 wasn't it.?

Own The West

Reaction score
Suh's probably out of our budget. Liuget or Danny Shelton should be more affordable, younger too.