Seahawks host DT Caraun Reid on visit

Atradees

Reaction score
The Cowboys Dline was memorable from last year in the playoffs. Ive never heard of this guy.

kidhawk

Reaction score
daveyoung52":39gr1w2f said:
Thanks Atradees but thats a little dissapointing. Go Hawks.

Why is this disappointing? I'm not sure why bringing anyone in for a look would be disappointing. Pete and John have always been more than willing to look at lots of players. They sign some, others they keep in mind in case they need them later, but I would be more disappointed to find out they weren't looking at players that could fill a role on the team.

Now, if he were signed to some huge contract I could understand some disappointment, but I'm really confused as to why someone would be disappointed in taking a look

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I don't want to sign this player with the remote possibility it could interfere with the 4 comp picks the team is presently eligible to acquire in next year's draft.

A post draft signing after the May cutoff of comp pick calculation maybe?

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I agree. No problem bringing players in for a visit.

They always look for role players on the DLine and stats can be deceiving.

Some say we need to find the next Tony McDaniel. Well, did you know, in 2012:
-Started zero games
-Played in 11
-11 total tackles (6 solo)
-2 QB hits
-1/2 sack
The next year Seattle signed him.

I’m not saying he’s going to be the next Tony McDaniel or if we’ll even sign him, but I don’t mind this at all.

Atradees

Reaction score
Im thinking comp picks should be an afterthought.....or no thought. Like, win now. One can usually trade down and acquire late round picks so comp picks shouldnt hinder the Under Rock checking for guys from stacked dlines and stuff.

I mean everyone wants Suh.........but what impact did he have in relation to salary?

Jville

Reaction score
Caraun Reid Trivia: While playing for the Lions in 2015, Reid returned a Russell Wilson fumble 27 yards for a touchdown on a corner blitz at 8:32 in the 4th quarter, cutting the score to 13-10 on Monday Night Football in Seattle.

getnasty

Reaction score
I seem to remember his name getting throw around here a lot when he was in the draft.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Never heard of the guy so meh.
On comp picks ..for those who like em so much..We can trade
to get those also btw(rules change)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
JS is good at identifying Defensive Tackles who are underrated but competent. If he thinks this guy could add to the pile and effectively play the position the team sees as a need then who are we to complain if the FA acquisition doesn't cost the team a comp pick. of course this is a message board and we are all free to comment as we think appropriate

So far in FA, presuming the signing of Iupati is a good signing, the offseason is going well. I suspect the team has a target in the draft for the pass rush and may be considering adding a NCB candidate to develop and compete for the job. I also believe they have a DLineman or two on their radar and at least one edge rusher.

It's very, very early and so far, fingers crossed, things are not looking bad at all. Maybe an unexpected trade of a player we thought was an untouchable or even a big acquisition late, or not.

I haven't heard of this player for a few seasons back but he has bounced around some and has gashed us at least once. Who knows?

Here's a combine profile: when he was drafted, interesting numbers:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/car ... id=2543748

He was drafted in the 4th rd. but has had a tough time sticking anywhere.