Kendricks sentencing postponed indefinitely

Largent80

Reaction score
Postponed indefinitely?...I would guess that's good news for the Hawks.

Sounds like a dismissal since it was already pushed back previously.

OP
OP
daveyoung52

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Largent80":2zuatphb said:
Postponed indefinitely?...I would guess that's good news for the Hawks.

Sounds like a dismissal since it was already pushed back previously.
Thats kind of what i was hoping for :D

sutz

Reaction score
Or maybe that other guy, Damilare Sonoiki is flipping on Kendricks somehow.

(I'm a bit of a pessimist sometimes. :twisted: )

sdog1981

Reaction score
sutz":ar9zuty6 said:

If you read the article it sounds like Kendricks sentencing is based on this Sonoiki's sentence.

Seymour

Reaction score
Not much to go on according to that "news" article. Wild speculation is about all we've got at this point. I don't personally think the Hawks give him that contract if they don't have some inside info his chances of no to little jail are good.

kf3339

Reaction score
You rarely have those kinds of delays if they are going to sentence for jail time unless you request it, or the prosecutor has a reason to ask for it. I doubt he is getting jail time and they are just working out the fine, probation and possible community work assignments. Hope that happens in his case.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":uurrrxl4 said:
sutz":uurrrxl4 said:

If you read the article it sounds like Kendricks sentencing is based on this Sonoiki's sentence.

I'd speculate that as Kendricks is a cooperating witness, they may just be pushing this back until the other guy gets sentenced to insure any possible future cooperation. Either way, I think that it still sounds to me like he'll be alright in the end.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Could be a prosecutor trying to make sure Kendricks's sentence gets served during the NFL season, in order to send a message to the public.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I doubt there will be any jail time. I know the other guy "flipped," but it sure seemed to me like he was the one that instigated the whole thing, buddying up to Mycheal .

Maybe they are going after bigger fish? Like where did that guy get his info from?

sutz

Reaction score
Seymour":38p3rn8j said:
Not much to go on according to that "news" article. Wild speculation is about all we've got at this point. I don't personally think the Hawks give him that contract if they don't have some inside info his chances of no to little jail are good.
Yabbut, the contract the Seahawks signed him to has no guarantees for Kendricks. If he doesn't, or can't show up for camp or the season, he gets zip. Pretty good team insurance, if you ask me. Now, if he gets off or has a friendly "no jail time" sentence and gets to play, the team can work out a multi-year deal going forward.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, really smart way to go about it by the Hawks. And the thought of Kendricks, along with Wags and KJ?? Dayum

Seymour

Reaction score
sutz":2rtlmf7y said:
Seymour":2rtlmf7y said:
Yabbut, the contract the Seahawks signed him to has no guarantees for Kendricks. If he doesn't, or can't show up for camp or the season, he gets zip. Pretty good team insurance, if you ask me. Now, if he gets off or has a friendly "no jail time" sentence and gets to play, the team can work out a multi-year deal going forward.

Yes they took that obvious precaution, but they still need to fill that position with something other than a question mark. My guess is they came up with some figure like "80% chance he's here" with a plan B for the draft or FA player that could help fill a hole.