Seahawks upcoming free agent visits

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Just to catch up after the week off:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...Nate-Orchard-to-visit-Seahawks-130837197/Amp/

After meeting with outside linebacker Nick Perry and Caraun Reid and Aaron Lynch, who has since re-signed with the Chicago Bears, the week before that along with reportedly being in pursuit of former wide receiver Jermaine Kearse and defensive tackle Danny Shelton in addition to meeting with cornerback Jamar Taylor and safety Taylor Mays on Tuesday, the Seahawks aren't finished moving through potential bargain-bin free agent options yet.

According to KJR's Curtis Crabtree, the Seahawks are planning to bring in defensive ends Courtney Upshaw and Nate Orchard along with cornerback Davon House for free agent visits.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, the lost week’s team visits info is restored.

Mays size and speed is certainly worth looking at as others have done, though he’s demonstrated less than NFL quality instincts as a FS and might need to play closer to the line. I wonder if he has entitlement issues that might need to be dialed back after not being able to catch on anywhere else?

I’m curious about several of the others on the DLine but not the CB- Taylor and wouldn’t mind seeing the team bring back DE- Demontre Moore late of the recently defunct tryout AAF league at least for a tryout as he stood out playing against that competition.

getnasty

Reaction score
Shelton and Kearse are intriguing Mays and Taylor not so much be doesn't hurt to take a peek.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just waiting for them to now bring in Seth Roberts who was cut by the Raiders.

The 28-year-old Roberts caught 45 passes for 494 yards and two touchdowns last season.

Not bad production for a F.A. possible pick up and would help I think.

Height: 6′ 2″ Weight: 194 lbs

Not bad size either, not a big guy but not small either.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1113866045037539328[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1113865196320083968[/tweet]

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1113887166944272384[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1113888071924060160[/tweet]

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Do the signings of Orchard and Marsh impact the potential to sign any of these other guys?

Was hoping for Nick Perry, Shelton and Mays to get strong consideration.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2jn0g8lr said:
Do the signings of Orchard and Marsh impact the potential to sign any of these other guys?

Yes, their signings would presumably rule out Perry at this point since they all project to the same position (Leo). Perry wouldn't affect the comp pick formula, so there would be no need to wait to sign him after May 7. Which is to say that the fact that he hasn't been signed by Seattle at this point means he's probably not going to be, esp. after now already adding Marsh and Orchard ahead of him.

Shelton would impact the comp pick formula, so my sense is the Hawks may be hoping he'll stay on the market until after May 7 so they can possibly sign him then, if they're even interested.

The whole Taylor Mays thing is a farce. He's been out of football for 3 years and was absolutely atrocious the last time he played. I view his meeting as simply setting the stage for a possible invitation to the post-draft tryout camp and nothing more. Otherwise there's nothing to see here with that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's presently clearly cap driven and driven by the Comp pick calculus.

The team could still add Perry or others with appropriate cap friendly deals. However, that will likely not happen until after the May 9 deadline.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3cgrn4qt said:
It's presently clearly cap driven and driven by the Comp pick calculus.

The team could still add Perry or others with appropriate cap friendly deals. However, that will likely not happen until after the May 9 deadline.

As well as the April 15th deadline ...........................

knownone

Reaction score
Uncle Si":37l16pm5 said:

I don't think it affects Nick Perry. Marsh is in that Mingo backup / rotational rusher role, a position that lacked depth last year. Orchard looks like a Marcus Smith type rotational rusher who'd likely be the replacement for Dion Jordan.

That (IMO) leaves one or two openings on the defensive line for a legitimate DE. Perry fits that role better than Marsh and Orchard from a size and ability stand point.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well OK then, negativity rules, Somehow cap sensibility means little. Perhaps giving Taylor Mays an Uber Athlete a tryout shot is reaching into the past but Pete has seen what Curry can’t do and has moved on. Besides Curry is likely clipping coupons from his huge investment portfolio compliments of Ruskell the worst Seahawks GM of recent times.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
chris98251":f0kkvasq said:

The 28-year-old Roberts caught 45 passes for 494 yards and two touchdowns last season.

Seth Roberts is terrible. For details I'd rather not get into here, I've seen plenty of Raiders game day action over the past 3-4 years. I'm not a fan of Kearse, but give me him all day over Roberts. Roberts doesn't have any intriguing qualities. He doesn't have the speed or physicality to play the outside, so he's been in the slot pretty much his whole career. And even then, his route running is sloppy and his hands are extremely suspect. He'll try to alligator arm passes which leads to insufferable drops. This is not the kind of WR this team needs, at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2znmbuw4 said:
chris98251":2znmbuw4 said:

Seth Roberts is terrible. For details I'd rather not get into here, I've seen plenty of Raiders game day action over the past 3-4 years. I'm not a fan of Kearse, but give me him all day over Roberts. Roberts doesn't have any intriguing qualities. He doesn't have the speed or physicality to play the outside, so he's been in the slot pretty much his whole career. And even then, his route running is sloppy and his hands are extremely suspect. He'll try to alligator arm passes which leads to insufferable drops. This is not the kind of WR this team needs, at all.

Ravens felt different and already signed him.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Seth Roberts is far from terrible. I thought he was vastly underated and underused at the Raiders.

James in PA

Reaction score
WR Jordan Taylor
OT Ulrick John

Both visiting this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk